Drug company refuses to help save 7 year old boy

What's curious is the left insisting that the reason the kid isn't getting the drug is an inability to pay. The real reason is that the drug hasn't been approved and it's illegal to let the child take it.

Yeah but the truth is kryptonite to a hypocritical, lying liberal.

What's curious is the left insisting that the reason the kid isn't getting the drug is an inability to pay. The real reason is that the drug hasn't been approved and it's illegal to let the child take it.

WRONG

compassionate reasons exist.

they have given it free in the past.

they stopped siting money

They've made exceptions before, according to the article.

But yet the entire thread is built on the premise that he can't afford the drugs.

:lmao:

So what is it now? That they are eeevviil corporations who want to kill children?

Let me go get my river waders for this thread.

Chimerex refuses to allow Josh Hardy, 7, access to life-saving Brincidofovir medicine | Mail Online This would not happen if the CORRECT kind of government controlled things like this...

Fortunately we have caused so much uproar over this he is getting the help he needs.
https://www.facebook.com/SaveJoshHardy

Chimerex CEO Kenneth Moch told Fox News that the company made the decision two years ago to stop the compassionate use program, saying they 'cannot afford it' anymore.

'As we progressed to larger and more complex safety trials, we made the decision two years ago to stop the program and focus resources on earning FDA approval,' Moch said.

Moch says that saying yes to Josh would mean saying yes to many more patients, draining the company's resources and delaying the time it will take for the drug to progress through the formal studies required before it can be given FDA approval and help many more future patients.

However, the company received $72 million in federal funding to develop Brincidofovir

Read more: Chimerex refuses to allow Josh Hardy, 7, access to life-saving Brincidofovir medicine | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

But yet the entire thread is built on the premise that he can't afford the drugs.

So what is it now? That they are eeevviil corporations who want to kill children?

the facts make you look stupid

the facts make you look stupid

That's nice. You make yourself look stupid here like it's your job. So thanks for the compliment.

Chimerex CEO Kenneth Moch told Fox News that the company made the decision two years ago to stop the compassionate use program, saying they 'cannot afford it' anymore

FACTS

Chimerex refuses to allow Josh Hardy, 7, access to life-saving Brincidofovir medicine | Mail Online

So fucking what. It's not your business how they use their products. For instance, if i passed you on the street and you spontaneously burst into flames, i would still with hold my urine for the men's room.

This is an interesting problem.

If they give him the meds, others will demand it for free, since the kid got it for free.

this will delay the drugs advancement through the final fda trials.

This delay will cause people, who aren't cute kids, to die waiting for the drug to get approval

save one and let 2 die.

For-Profit Corporations exist to do just two things, outlive their founders and maximize shareholder value. That's it. They are, by law, amoral legal entities. If you think of them as Cost Externalizing Sociopaths, you understand them correctly.

With the right regulations they add great value to our society.

Innovation
massive employment
and added gdp
So regulate them. Every economy in the world does. Adam Smith didn't even want them to exist, for good reason.

Yes, we need to regulate them and tax them fairly. Adam smith lived in a time when he didn't have a clue about the advantages of them. The increase in gdp = increase in living standards across the board and innovation is a huge plus! They're little engines of economic growth that in many ways work better then the government. Not to say that government doesn't do a good job in many areas, but we can please stay out of the 18th fucking century?:eusa_silenced:

The entire argument of both extremes kind of fails to consider the past 150 years.

Last edited:
With the right regulations they add great value to our society.

Innovation
massive employment
and added gdp
So regulate them. Every economy in the world does. Adam Smith didn't even want them to exist, for good reason.

Yes, we need to regulate them and tax them fairly. Adam smith lived in a time when he didn't have a clue about the advantages of them. The increase in gdp = increase in living standards across the board and innovation is a huge plus! They're little engines of economic growth that in many ways works better then the government. Not to say that government doesn't do a good job in many areas, but can we please stay out of the 18th fucking century?:eusa_silenced:

The entire argument of both extremes kind of fails to consider the past 150 years.

How old are you? 15?

Chimerex refuses to allow Josh Hardy, 7, access to life-saving Brincidofovir medicine | Mail Online This would not happen if the CORRECT kind of government controlled things like this...

Fortunately we have caused so much uproar over this he is getting the help he needs.
https://www.facebook.com/SaveJoshHardy

Chimerex CEO Kenneth Moch told Fox News that the company made the decision two years ago to stop the compassionate use program, saying they 'cannot afford it' anymore.

'As we progressed to larger and more complex safety trials, we made the decision two years ago to stop the program and focus resources on earning FDA approval,' Moch said.

Moch says that saying yes to Josh would mean saying yes to many more patients, draining the company's resources and delaying the time it will take for the drug to progress through the formal studies required before it can be given FDA approval and help many more future patients.

However, the company received $72 million in federal funding to develop Brincidofovir
Read more: Chimerex refuses to allow Josh Hardy, 7, access to life-saving Brincidofovir medicine | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

facts

Forum List

Back