Drumming UP A Fear Of The Koch Brothers

I truly believe that our political system is a travesty that is bought and paid for by both parties. Those who contribute the most should not have any more influence on what happens than one vote that they are allowed to cast. Unfortunately I see our system as unrecoverable from its intended design. I say make the maximum donation $10 per person I DONT CARE how much ill begotten(I hope that word stirs some of you up) because YOU know its true. The hard working guy who busts his but day in and day out just to make ends meet has things stacked against him like never before. We are a big money takes all democracy if there is such a thing.

You seem not to have even a passing, distant understanding of the system, and of reality.

1. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Do you recognize the above?
Good.

Let's go over parts.

"...no law .... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press;" That means you can advertise how you feel about issues and candidates. The same applies to unions and corporations.

"...to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." That means you may lobby representatives, as can your groups.

"...or the right of the people peaceably to assemble,...." That means you can form/join groups of like-minded individuals.

2. In "Demosclerosis:: The Silent Killer of American Government," Jonathan Rauch points out that 7 out of 10 Americans belong to an interest group, and one out of four belong to at least four!

Get it? It's "bought and paid for" by everyone.
How many groups to you belong to/support?
Sign any petitions or answer polls?

Also....I'd like to see you back up "... ill begotten(I hope that word stirs some of you up) because YOU know its true."

The only 'legal' one I can think of is insider trading by Congress.

You can cite all the constitution you want... that's fine. If you truly believe that groups with a lot of money don't have more political influence than someone making $10 an hour then I will simply agree to disagree.

You can cite all the constitution you want... that's fine. If you truly believe that groups with a lot of money don't have more political influence than someone making $10 an hour then I will simply agree to disagree.

You miss the point. Does that $10/hr guy belong to the union???

Sierra Club????

NRA????

Get it?

This is the Senate majority leader...what an embarrassment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9m0m_Jikko"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9m0m_Jikko[/ame]

I posted this on another thread I'll post it here too...Look at these nuts:cuckoo:

Screen-Shot-2014-03-09-at-3.13.21-PM-540x400.png

The Koch brothers are at it again. Their right-wing political Panzer Division descended on a New York City hospital over the weekend to protest (!) the addition of a new ambulatory care center. What the hell, Koch bros? Why not pro-America?

Sorry. That’s not quite right. In fact, it was the New York State Nurses’ Association, the NAACP New York State Conference, and SEIU Local 1199, among others, who marched on the soon-to-be-built David H. Koch Center at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, which was funded in part by a $100 million donation from the man one prominent liberal recently predicted would go down in history as a “famously evil person.”

The donation was the largest in the hospital’s history, and will presumably create a fair number of new nursing jobs.

BiN7rmbIcAAEz4f.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Koch Brother Donates Money to Hospital, Liberals Protest (Not a Parody) | Washington Free Beacon

Thanks for the post. Interesting. I like this kind of thing. Good for the country in the end.

The scum in those pictures illustrate how their ugliness inside boils to the outside for all to see in their fugly faces.

When someone is a loser and feels like a loser, they join these groups to lash out against others. They would spend their weekends staring at their crap in the toilet if not for this "cause" of fighting rich conservatives donating money to a hospital...oh the fucking horror!!!!!

I posted this on another thread I'll post it here too...Look at these nuts:cuckoo:

Screen-Shot-2014-03-09-at-3.13.21-PM-540x400.png

The Koch brothers are at it again. Their right-wing political Panzer Division descended on a New York City hospital over the weekend to protest (!) the addition of a new ambulatory care center. What the hell, Koch bros? Why not pro-America?

Sorry. That’s not quite right. In fact, it was the New York State Nurses’ Association, the NAACP New York State Conference, and SEIU Local 1199, among others, who marched on the soon-to-be-built David H. Koch Center at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, which was funded in part by a $100 million donation from the man one prominent liberal recently predicted would go down in history as a “famously evil person.”

The donation was the largest in the hospital’s history, and will presumably create a fair number of new nursing jobs.

BiN7rmbIcAAEz4f.jpg

Koch Brother Donates Money to Hospital, Liberals Protest (Not a Parody) | Washington Free Beacon[/QUOTE]

Seriously?
Reagan,in any case, was a true ideologue of the anti-labor political right. Yes, he had been president of the Screen Actors Guild, but he was notoriously pro-management, leading the way to a strike-ending agreement in 1959 that greatly weakened the union and finally resigning under membership pressure before his term ended. Ronald Reagan's War on Labor (Labor) by Dick Meister
unions were okay back when Reagan had their backing and his position as president in his acting union....

Yep
Union Corruption Update | National Legal and Policy Center
Of course, a dumbfuck like you has to go back to the 80s to claim unions today are the same.

Most Americans have figured out unions are a bunch of goons extorting money from companies and taxpayers, sending union dues to Democraps for favors and the "leaders" line their pockets with those remaining dues.

unions were okay back when Reagan had their backing and his position as president in his acting union....

Gotta love a family wealth built on the pillars of the Soviet Union under Stalin by Daddy Koch...

"Even though special elections are rarely reliable predictors for future elections, Alex Sink’s loss to David Jolly in Florida’s 13th District last week added to the Democrats’ negative story line. Frightening Democrats further, none of the Republican third-party money in the race came from the Koch brothers, the wealthy industrialists whose political groups have funded the bulk of the TV ads hammering Democrats this election cycle."
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/16/us/politics/obama-factor-adds-to-fears-of-democrats.html

Bloomberg vs. the Koch Brothers

March 25, 2014 by Daniel Greenfield

The Democratic Party wants the 2014 elections to be about anything and everything except ObamaCare. The depths of Hope and Change were plumbed in 2008, the War on Women was exhausted in 2012 and that leaves only the Koch Brothers.

Senator Harry Reid, facing the end of his time as Senate Majority Leader, has decided to bet the farm on the Koch Brothers. His Senate Majority PAC (formerly Commonsense Ten, really “Keep Harry Reid Majority Leader”) is trying to protect Senate Democrats who are hated in their own states for voting to drive up the price of health insurance while cutting Medicare by accusing their Republican opponents of being pawns and puppets of the Koch Brothers.

Mainstream media stories about the Senate Majority PAC ad blitz don’t bother to mention that the clamor over “out-of-state billionaires spending millions” is really a case of the 16th richest man attacking the 6th richest men in order to keep the Senate exactly the way it has been for the last seven years.

If Bloomberg had donated $2.5 million to a Republican PAC that was using it to air ads blasting Democrats as puppets of George Soros, every news story about the ad blitz would lead with the absurd hypocrisy of one billionaire funding attacks against another billionaire for trying to influence politics.

The choice not to report this reveals that the biggest problem with politics isn’t the undue influence of money, but the undue influence of media.

The only time that Reid objects to Bloomberg buying America is when it hurts Democrats.

“I’m not afraid of the Koch brothers,” Reid boasted. Instead Reid is afraid of Michael Bloomberg.

“I believe I am on the side of the American people,” Reid said. But the American people don’t pay Reid. Billionaires like Bloomberg do.

Bloomberg vs. the Koch Brothers | FrontPage Magazine

The OP is once again trying to distract us with bullshit.

Both the Koch Brothers and Soros are polluting the Democratic process.

What the OP won't admit is that our government is run by and for the wealthy, not the poor.

In a capitalist society, concentrated wealth is concentrated power. Washington is where the wealthy go to get subsidies, bailouts and no-bid monopoly control over most domestic sectors.

The Right wants you to believe that the country robs from the wealthy and gives to the Welfare Queens. They want you to focus on foodstamps which doesn't hold a candle to the trillions that flow out the back door in the form of subsidies and bailouts. Washington has been swallowed by a corporate lobbying empire.

Why not find a way to prevent a handful of wealthy individuals from buying government? Congressman don't vote their conscience; they vote in fear of getting primaried by the wealthy people who own government.

Why not come clean and admit that government doesn't victimize the wealthy because it is owned by them?

Last edited:
This thing with the Koch brothers is just HOW pathetic and Dangerous the Democrat party has become

Now they are taking to attacking YOU the AMERICAN citizens in this country

what was it last year, Grover Norquist, Ted Nugent, Sarah Palin, etc

how anyone can belong to such a party who has nothing but HOSTILITY against you is beyond me

The lefties on this board remind me of MAD magazine of my long gone youth.

Unlike the Democrats of today, they had the courage and integrity and self-deprecation to list in their editorial credits: The Usual Gang Of Idiots.

Forum List

Back