Aug 4, 2011
My mom got me one!!!

All Hail My Mother!

stopormymomwillshoot.jpg
Thanks, Ma, you're the greatest!

And All Hail Dyson!

1052328_sb.jpg

ToyStory1AliensOooooh.gif
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq235/Kris_McGee/Tumblr/Disney/ToyStory1AliensOooooh.gif

Last edited:
We just bought a new vac. Read a lot of reviews on lots of different brands. Dyson did not rate very well ... low points for suckiness, longevity, and cost. But I'd take one if it was a gift!

We settled for a Kenmore progressive. Have a ten year old one (the handle release pedal just broke, am going to fix it) of this brand. The new one is made of lighter plastic (cheaper feel, imo) and they got rid of features they shouldn't have (one touch button on handle to stop the beater bars, beater bars stop on own when upright, dirt sensor), only one hard bristle brush that is too short, hose isn't long enough to do stairs all the way up the stairs (I just attach the extra hose from the old vac, problem solved). On the plus side, the lighter weight makes it much easier to carry up and down the stairs, it isn't as wide as our old one so now I can fit it between chairs/end tables, sucks much better (could just be because it's new though) and I got done vacuuming in less time, light is uber bright, not quite as loud.

The thing is, they used to make stuff that lasted but wasn't necessarily as good/efficient as today's stuff ... which they make to break (planned obsolesce anyone?) so you have to replace it more often. Our old vac was $220-220; this newer model was only $130.

Let me know how you like the Dyson. I tried bagless once (insert dirty joke here) but didn't care for it.

Everybody I complained to about my vacuum cleaner woes said "You need to get a dyson, you will never regret it". I need essentially an industrial vacuum, and I have different surfaces (carpet and composite). Dyson has 12 amps, which is up to 5.5 amps more than other vacuums..and that's what I need. My saint's hair gets intwined in the carpet...I need a vacuum cleaner that can pick up the hair but also get the dirt and dust and whatever up too. All of the personal friends I have who have recommended it also have animals in the house, so I'm really excited!

My first bagless I absolutely detested, and it's in the garage waiting to go to the dump. I got it new and just got sick of dealing with it's myriad issues, and bought the one I have now at St. Vinnies. It works better than the one before, and was much easier to empty the canister but it doesn't have enough suction, and the engine heats up when I do the entire house, I have to be careful. And it clogs up and when it clogs it's a pain in the ass to get it unclogged.

I'm super excited..

Both of ours are 12amps. You absolutely need that when you have pets. We had a Hoover Windtunnel but when we got the first dog (part collie, white fur) the pet hair just stayed where it was when vacuumed. Got the Kenmore and was amazed that the vacuum cleaner actually sucked up the hair. Hope the Dyson does the job. Is it the 'for pets' model? I contemplated getting a commercial grade vacuum but didn't want to spend the bucks.

Everybody I complained to about my vacuum cleaner woes said "You need to get a dyson, you will never regret it".

We bought one about a year and half ago at Costco, caught a sale and it was $130 off of regular price (I think it was the model they call the Animal, it has a ball). Up until that time we'd had Kenmore canisters for - oh - 30 years. And I know this may sound odd but I'm the one that does the vacuuming as part of the effort to keep the house clean (hey - my wife does my laundry so it works out).

We love the Dyson.

We have two cats and an Australian Shepard, the Kenmore canister seemed OK, but ours was getting a little long in the tooth and it was time to replace it. So we brought the Dyson home and I put a new bag in the Kenmore and vacuumed the downstairs - TWICE. Then I vacuumed with the Dyson. To put it bluntly I was amazed, I figured we'd be packing it back up to return. But the result was that after just vacuuming with the Kenmore, then vacuuming just the Living Room with the Dyson the Dyson bin was full of hair, dust, and particulates the Kenmore missed.

I was sold. The Kenmore is now with our daughter at college for her apartment and Mom & Dad kept the Dyson. And I've not once been bothered by having to empty the bin two or three times in doing the floors.

>>>>

Yeah, when I vacuum with the one I have (I think it's a kenmore) I go slowly, and really need to go over it twice, and generally do end up vacuuming 2x a day anyway, because my dog sheds that much...

and there is still all kinds of hair in the carpet and on the furniture. It's not the loose kind that floats around, but it's there and I know it.

With the saint, drool is an issue too. He drools and it gets on the carpet and that in turn dries and become allergens in the air..and I have relatives who are allergic to dogs, so I'm aware of this and really want to reduce it as much as possible. I'm not allergic, but it just bothers me to know about it, and to know that my vacuum cleaner doesn't really touch it.

I clean my carpets pretty regularly but I need the best, and I think that the dyson is. Or so that's what I keep hearing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaQ_c1UoXF8]Dyson Vacuum commercial - YouTube[/ame]

I'm in touch with this euphoria and it NEVER GOES AWAY!

You get the Dyson rush every time it comes out of the closet. Probably won't be talking to you for a week or so, you'll be busy vacuuming things you didn't even know needed vacuuming.

Dyson. Beautiful Yellow Sucking Machine.

images

We just bought a new vac. Read a lot of reviews on lots of different brands. Dyson did not rate very well ... low points for suckiness, longevity, and cost. But I'd take one if it was a gift!

We settled for a Kenmore progressive. Have a ten year old one (the handle release pedal just broke, am going to fix it) of this brand. The new one is made of lighter plastic (cheaper feel, imo) and they got rid of features they shouldn't have (one touch button on handle to stop the beater bars, beater bars stop on own when upright, dirt sensor), only one hard bristle brush that is too short, hose isn't long enough to do stairs all the way up the stairs (I just attach the extra hose from the old vac, problem solved). On the plus side, the lighter weight makes it much easier to carry up and down the stairs, it isn't as wide as our old one so now I can fit it between chairs/end tables, sucks much better (could just be because it's new though) and I got done vacuuming in less time, light is uber bright, not quite as loud.

The thing is, they used to make stuff that lasted but wasn't necessarily as good/efficient as today's stuff ... which they make to break (planned obsolesce anyone?) so you have to replace it more often. Our old vac was $220-220; this newer model was only $130.

Let me know how you like the Dyson. I tried bagless once (insert dirty joke here) but didn't care for it.

I've had mine for 4 years or so. If it can be broken, I'll break it, so I was trying to do something I shouldn't have been doing, broke the dealy waggy thingy off the bottom and they send me an entire new bottom, not just the dealy waggy thingy no questions asked.

This is the one vacuum that is NOT "disposable". I blow it out with the air compressor once in a while and it's good as new.

Dyson love is long lasting. I'm just as head over heals for it today as I was when we first met.

IMO

Last edited:
It comes with a 5 year warranty.

That's enough to give me an orgasm right there.

I have this guy.....Neato Robotics XV-11. Gets the job done.

Neato_XV-11.jpg

I used to have a Kirby which was great then died....:(

I have this guy.....Neato Robotics XV-11. Gets the job done.

Neato_XV-11.jpg

I used to have a Kirby which was great then died....:(

Ha ha ha. My mom has him. His name is Francois.

It's hard to get Francois up on the blinds though, wears your arms out. He's a single purpose cute little French guy.

Forum List

Back