Eagles' Malcom Jenkins Doesn't Know What He's Talking About

Trump has darkened the White House with the turd-stain of his Presidency.

I have a feeling you're going to see few players wanting to go, since it's likely they would be shunned by the teammates who are Trump haters.

I have a feeling you're going to see few players wanting to go, since it's likely they would be shunned by the teammates who are Trump haters.

Ah but that's assuming the chemistry on a sports team resembles the partisan bickering of this message board. Actually the opposite is the case:

>> NFL owners and coaches routinely preach about avoiding “distractions” in their season-long Super Bowl quest. Some owners this season (see Dallas and Jerry Jones) swung hard against player anthem protests. Some coaches privately and consistently voiced concerns to me over the disruption and commotion players becoming activists this season caused.

Some Eagles players on Monday night — for example, veteran defensive end Vinny Curry — told me that they were “totally able” to separate the Jenkins and Long work from the Eagles’ work and “never gave it much thought for our locker room or our team.”

Eagles third-year cornerback Ronald Darby agreed. He said while both players set “powerful examples,” he pushed that aside from his work and the team.

Curry and Darby were Eagles exceptions.

Eagles linebacker Mychal Kendricks respresented more of the Eagles message I received:

“It takes a lot of courage to really stand up and do what Malcolm and Chris have done. There are some core values required in that. They were able to transfer their leadership into this locker room. We were going through a lot of trying times trying to win games, handling the criticism of players protesting, dealing with issues that arise for our families and all of the ongoing stuff that is just part of an NFL season. They set the example on how to deal with and handle it all. I have no doubt in my mind that it is part of the reason and fabric we are in this Super Bowl. They have set a culture in this locker room that I think will last here for a very long time.”

And this from Eagles running back coach Duce Staley:

“I watched it all with this team, monitored it all. I wondered, too, how the team was going to handle Malcolm and Chris becoming such national figures in such a hot, divisive topic. But what has to be said first is they entered that arena already having the respect of their teammates. They didn’t earn it with their willingness to take a stand, it was a foundation of who they were already here among their teammates. So, it all only grew. Just like they looked across the nation, the world, and asked people to join and follow them, they did the same in this locker room — follow me. In turn, when they stepped outside, when they took the heat in their national work, they could always look behind them, back here, and see and know they had more than 60 guys right behind them.

“This is the ultimate, the essence of team. This is the ultimate goal of what NFL coaches want when they talk about leadership in the locker room. This is how you get more than just pockets of trust and effort and doing things the right way on your team. This is the attitude that permeates throughout when you have dynamic leadership and guys know across the board, whether they are drafted or free agents, first-round picks or the last pick, that you count, you are part of something special. What Malcolm and Chris preached on a national level they brought right here into this locker room in their example. We are all better for it.” << --- Malcolm Jenkins and Chris Long Proved that Activism Isn't a "Distraction"
There's no "shunning" on this team. There is only Team.

Nah, smart blacks know that Trump is on their side while the ideologues buy the horse shit about the party of the KKK and Jim Crow has grown new spots.

Oh no....I didn't miss the point at all. He's not required to go and therefore chooses not to and that is upsetting......to some.
The OTHER point. He's clueless about >> "I want to see us push for economical and educational advancement in communities of color.."

Yeah we did this yesterday. And will no doubt do it again.

Jenkins, Torrey Smith, LeGarette Blount and others have already indicated they ain't going.

One of the players is Chris Long, who months ago decided to donate his salary to fund scholarships in his home town --- which is Charlottesville --- after that went down last year.

>> In August, we watched people fill our hometown streets with hatred and bigotry,” Long said in a statement. “Megan and I decided to try to combat those actions with our own positive investment in our community.

When the white supremacy marches were happening, Long, who grew up in the Charlottesville area, tweeted that it was “insanely frustrating” for him to see “man babies with tiki torches or people playing ‘militia.'” -- For the Win

>> In the remarkably civil discussion, a rarity for Twitter, Long pointed to the President’s response after Charlottesville.

Who were the fine people on the side of the Nazis and KKK that gathered in my hometown the day a terrorist put 20 ppl in the hospital? Why reference the hatred and bigotry on “many sides” that day? Why didn’t you immediately denounce them?

The lack of condemnation of said groups is either a calculated omission to pander to an ugly corner of our country OR he agrees with those folks. Either way, no convo needed.

In addition to Long, Eagles players Malcolm Jenkins and Torrey Smith have also said they’ll skip the White House visit.

In an interview with CNN, Smith said the decision went beyond politics for him.

“For me, it’s not just about politics…this isn’t something that I personally feel inclined to be involved with…I respect the office, but often times we hold our athletes and entertainers to higher standards than we hold the President of the United States. To me it’s about doing the right thing, it’s not about choosing sides or anything, it’s simply about right and wrong.” << --- For the Win
Oh and Chris Long isn't black btw, so there goes that argument.
So no comment about affirmative action, black unemployment having dropped to its lowest level ( to 6.8%,) the lowest rate in 45 years, black crime dropping in accordance, and Trump's EO to bolster black education ?

No comment from you, or these boneheads who don't know right from wrong.

These blacks didn't seem to mind going to the White House.

donald-trump.jpg

Ah but that's assuming the chemistry on a sports team resembles the partisan bickering of this message board. Actually the opposite is the case:

>> NFL owners and coaches routinely preach about avoiding “distractions” in their season-long Super Bowl quest. Some owners this season (see Dallas and Jerry Jones) swung hard against player anthem protests. Some coaches privately and consistently voiced concerns to me over the disruption and commotion players becoming activists this season caused.

Some Eagles players on Monday night — for example, veteran defensive end Vinny Curry — told me that they were “totally able” to separate the Jenkins and Long work from the Eagles’ work and “never gave it much thought for our locker room or our team.”

Eagles third-year cornerback Ronald Darby agreed. He said while both players set “powerful examples,” he pushed that aside from his work and the team.

Eagles linebacker Mychal Kendricks respresented more of the Eagles message I received:

“It takes a lot of courage to really stand up and do what Malcolm and Chris have done. There are some core values required in that. They were able to transfer their leadership into this locker room. We were going through a lot of trying times trying to win games, handling the criticism of players protesting, dealing with issues that arise for our families and all of the ongoing stuff that is just part of an NFL season. They set the example on how to deal with and handle it all. I have no doubt in my mind that it is part of the reason and fabric we are in this Super Bowl. They have set a culture in this locker room that I think will last here for a very long time.”

“I watched it all with this team, monitored it all. I wondered, too, how the team was going to handle Malcolm and Chris becoming such national figures in such a hot, divisive topic. But what has to be said first is they entered that arena already having the respect of their teammates. They didn’t earn it with their willingness to take a stand, it was a foundation of who they were already here among their teammates. So, it all only grew. Just like they looked across the nation, the world, and asked people to join and follow them, they did the same in this locker room — follow me. In turn, when they stepped outside, when they took the heat in their national work, they could always look behind them, back here, and see and know they had more than 60 guys right behind them.

“This is the ultimate, the essence of team. This is the ultimate goal of what NFL coaches want when they talk about leadership in the locker room. This is how you get more than just pockets of trust and effort and doing things the right way on your team. This is the attitude that permeates throughout when you have dynamic leadership and guys know across the board, whether they are drafted or free agents, first-round picks or the last pick, that you count, you are part of something special. What Malcolm and Chris preached on a national level they brought right here into this locker room in their example. We are all better for it.” << --- Malcolm Jenkins and Chris Long Proved that Activism Isn't a "Distraction"

They are clueless.

They were paid.
Nah. The leftists from Answer Coalition, Moveon.org, BLM, antifa, etc. posing as white supremacists in Charlottesville, weren't paid. They did it just because being agent provacateurs has always been a methodology of the left.

In this case to give the pro-Robert E Lee statue marchers a bad name. Ho hum. Pass the popcorn.

Not surprising it's the same zombie clan who melt down when some players declined to zombify in that other robot behavior, standing for a national anthem.
If all you can think about standing for the national anthem is "robot behavior", then you're clearly in the robot behavior of the left >> hating America, hating the US military, and disrespecting the thousands who sacrificed their lives, to save your ungrateful hide.

They were paid.
Nah. The leftists from Answer Coalition, Moveon.org, BLM, antifa, etc. posing as white supremacists in Charlottesville, weren't paid. They did it just because being agent provacateurs has always been a methodology of the left.

In this case to give the pro-Robert E Lee statue marchers a bad name. Ho hum. Pass the popcorn.
protectionist :)

Do you know me.jpg

They are clueless.

No, they are Champions. And in fact I just told you why they are.

Not surprising it's the same zombie clan who melt down when some players declined to zombify in that other robot behavior, standing for a national anthem.
If all you can think about standing for the national anthem is "robot behavior", then you're clearly in the robot behavior of the left >> hating America, hating the US military, and disrespecting the thousands who sacrificed their lives, to save your ungrateful hide.

I don't do fetishism.

Not that there's anything wrong with that..... :gay:

Forum List

Back