Eagles WR Riley Cooper Uses N-Word. Black NFL Players Set To Retaliate.

This guy who wrote that is a delusional racist.

I don't understand why people act like people who just use ****** freely in their everyday language should be accepted as non racist people, that's asinine. This paragraph is what led me to believe its writer is a racist:

The word acts as a talisman. It's a crutch and an excuse. It is a cover for fear of failure, lack of confidence, and self-contempt. As long as some white, somewhere, can be presumed to be using -- or even thinking -- that word, racism still exists. As long as "******" remains potent, blacks don't have to try. They can resist taking on the full responsibilities of citizenship and continue badgering whites for pity and sympathy. The word is simply too useful to do without.

He's basically saying that as long as blacks don't bow down and accept being insulted, theyre full of self contempt and they can stay resisting societal responsibility. What a crock of dogshit!

He's got some really deep anti black sentiments in this piece, and I'm not surprised they didn't jump out at ya.

You took it totally ass-backwards.

What he's saying is as long as they continue to use the word among themselves they can't really in all good conscience complain about whites using it. Yet they do, because it's just one more opportunity to get back at folks that never did anything wrong to them. Whites, who never discriminated against blacks are now the targets, not vice verse. In my opinion I think it's unnecessary and as the author explained, many blacks use it as a crutch. I think this unfair attitude will breed more hatred and contempt from whites. It is extremely counterproductive.

They don't use it amongst themselves. They say nigga, not ******. Jesus Christ. Mebbe you shouldn't form opinions if you cant understand the nuances of whats going on to begin with and are just in the dark, no pun intended.

The guy's piece that mud posted above is a lot of minutes of dedicated writing and of trying waaaaaaaay too hard to make it socially acceptable for white guys to say ******.

If that doesn't show through for ya, maybe you want to say it really really really bad, too. Well I say, go for it!

This guy who wrote that is a delusional racist.

I don't understand why people act like people who just use ****** freely in their everyday language should be accepted as non racist people, that's asinine. This paragraph is what led me to believe its writer is a racist:

The word acts as a talisman. It's a crutch and an excuse. It is a cover for fear of failure, lack of confidence, and self-contempt. As long as some white, somewhere, can be presumed to be using -- or even thinking -- that word, racism still exists. As long as "******" remains potent, blacks don't have to try. They can resist taking on the full responsibilities of citizenship and continue badgering whites for pity and sympathy. The word is simply too useful to do without.

He's basically saying that as long as blacks don't bow down and accept being insulted, theyre full of self contempt and they can stay resisting societal responsibility. What a crock of dogshit!

He's got some really deep anti black sentiments in this piece, and I'm not surprised they didn't jump out at ya.

Can you explain why a word that is supposed to be "racist", is used so often by the very people it's supposed to be racist against?

They don't call each other "******" they say "nigga," and the reason is because they decided way back in the late 80's early 90's to take the power away from the word ----> as this thread is actually saying black people should do, and determining that someone who is your "nigga" is your buddy, he's your friend - taking away the negative connotation of the word ******, and adding a little twist. It's as simple as that, and a lot of older people who don't know these things still think that black people are all calling each other ******. The different spelling? That little nuance? It does have meaning, whether people like it or not or want to accept it or not. It's pretty hard to understand, apparently.

Oh please, they say" doe" in place door, "floe" in place of floor, "hoe "in place of whore, "moe" in place of more.....

Dropping the "r" is part of their vernacular.

Black Vernacular:

(2) African-American dialects tend to drop the [t] from words like rest and soft. They likewise tend to drop the [r] sound in words like bird, four, door, and father.

Honestly do you think a white man going around saying "nigga" isn't going to be harassed and charged with being a racist?

Anyone stupid enough not to understand the difference between how the word in question is used and by whom doesn't want to know.

Explain why the word is different depending on skin color.

No I understand "context' is everything but I'm not asking about context.

Its not different depending on skin color.

It's a different word.

Nigga

is not ******.

That's been addressed, it's the same word, blacks often drop the "r" in many words and it does not change the meaning to those words. But this one word is supposed to somehow be different? You're easily fooled.

Can you explain why a word that is supposed to be "racist", is used so often by the very people it's supposed to be racist against?

They don't call each other "******" they say "nigga," and the reason is because they decided way back in the late 80's early 90's to take the power away from the word ----> as this thread is actually saying black people should do, and determining that someone who is your "nigga" is your buddy, he's your friend - taking away the negative connotation of the word ******, and adding a little twist. It's as simple as that, and a lot of older people who don't know these things still think that black people are all calling each other ******. The different spelling? That little nuance? It does have meaning, whether people like it or not or want to accept it or not. It's pretty hard to understand, apparently.

Oh please, they say" doe" in place door, "floe" in place of floor, "hoe "in place of whore, "moe" in place of more.....

Black Vernacular:

(2) African-American dialects tend to drop the [t] from words like rest and soft. They likewise tend to drop the [r] sound in words like bird, four, door, and father.

Honestly do you think a white man going around saying "nigga" isn't going to be harassed and charged with being a racist?

^ this is just not wanting to know, dude. What can I tell you.

Do some research why "Nigga" started. It began in urban culture. Let's check the urban dictionary, for starters.....let's see if it backs up my previous assertion.............

yep!

nigga

Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on more

39430 up, 9455 down

Nigga is a word which evolved from the derogative term "******". Tupac best defined the distinction between the two.

******- a black man with a slavery chain around his neck.

NIGGA- a black man with a gold chain on his neck.

Tupac defined the word

So, you can yell that you don't agree with the distinction until you're blue in the face, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't actionably exist. Disagreeing with reality doesn't make it any less real.

And if you guys want to go around saying ****** so much -just go around saying it. Grow a pair, no need for long winded paragraphs on paragraphs. If theres enough support out there for your crusade, good on ya.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv8GV0KD7C4]A Brief History of "Nigga" - YouTube[/ame]

^ there you are, folks who are acting obtuse for whatever reason.

an essay on "nigga"

“My niggas. Some niggas that you don’t wanna try. My niggas. Some niggas that’s ready to do or die. My niggas. Who ain’t living a lie. My niggas is strong. My niggas is real.” By DMX Does this artist use the word ****** in the same way that a slave master or a racist has? The answer to this question is a simple one, no. Today’s urban society has changed not only the definition, but also the spelling of this word. Which was once used to belittle those of African-American decent. Now, the definition as proved through today’s urban youth holds many denotations- positive and negative. Has the definition really changed? Or is today’s urban society just being ignorant and socially blinded by the hardships of our ancestors, when they continue to use a word that held such great racial tension when used in the 1800’s. Some would state that if you can use your middle finger to point and nothing is meant by it. Why, because it is not used in a bad way. So why not say nigga if it not used in a bad way. Any word can be used as a bad word, like it. The word it is not a bad word. Use it in the wrong way it can be bad. For instance if someone said “This IT right here ! is du

I'm originally from Mass. When I was a child in the 50s, the word I heard and told not to say was "nigga."

I didn't hear the word "******" until I was in basic training at Great Lakes Naval Base.

nigga vs. ****** - YouTube.

The distinction is imaginary yet theres years of literature you can find defining the distinction.

Whatever the fuck that last sentence means, I don't have a clue. Whites and blacks take cheap shots at each other all day everyday. wtf?

I can handle any word. It's you guys in here crying that a football player might be hunted for some hits. Cry us all a fucking river, he plays football you buncha pansies.

The WTF is wrong with the Eagles ? They've heard the word a million tiem but now they have started fining players for saying it. How about penalties for trash talking on the field too. Got some racial PC shit fucking up the game.

nigga isn't ******, and if you don't know why, and why there's a difference, then you're old or secluded.

and if you do know, then you're being purposefully daft.

i'd choose to be none of those, but you do you playboy.

youre gunna whine about p.c. shit while commenting in a thread whining that some dudes are gunna go after a dude on the field of FOOTBALL with some hits? get a clue.

While there may be a difference most still find either word offensive,and I find it highly unlikely a black dude would smile if I said "Nigga Please"
So really it's just another word that whitey cant call a black guy.

Why does the thought of a bunch of white guys saying "Cracka Please" make me laugh?

I was listening to retired WR and Hall Of Fame inductee Chris Carter talk about Riley Cooper being recorded using the N-Word and he was talking about not only black balling him but players possibly trying to hurt him during a game.

This is simply a case of reverse discrimination, and regardless what someone says they don't deserve to be assaulted for it.

I have no respect for people like Riley Cooper, but I also don't think trying to injure him is a rational response. It simply shows a lack of tolerance and illustrates yet again the double-standards that exist in America today.

Using the N word when you play in a contact sport where many of the N's weigh 300 plus pounds and are strong, agile, and quick shows an amazing degree of stupidity. Good luck to him.

The WTF is wrong with the Eagles ? They've heard the word a million tiem but now they have started fining players for saying it. How about penalties for trash talking on the field too. Got some racial PC shit fucking up the game.

nigga isn't ******, and if you don't know why, and why there's a difference, then you're old or secluded.

and if you do know, then you're being purposefully daft.

i'd choose to be none of those, but you do you playboy.

youre gunna whine about p.c. shit while commenting in a thread whining that some dudes are gunna go after a dude on the field of FOOTBALL with some hits? get a clue.

While there may be a difference most still find either word offensive,and I find it highly unlikely a black dude would smile if I said "Nigga Please"
So really it's just another word that whitey cant call a black guy.

Why does the thought of a bunch of white guys saying "Cracka Please" make me laugh?

What a white guy can and cant say is only a product of his fucking balls. If you want to say all this shit that you think society if forcing you not to say - grow a fucking pair and if everyone who wants to say it so bad also grow a fucking pair, then bang - it's suddenly acceptable in society.

Until then, it's not black people forcing you not to say it. It's either you agree that it's a shallow word, or you don't have the balls to stand up for what you do believe. But placing the onus on black people - that's whats the real cowardice.

Black Vernacular:

Do some research why "Nigga" started. It began in urban culture. Let's check the urban dictionary, for starters.....let's see if it backs up my previous assertion.............

yep!

nigga

39430 up, 9455 down

Nigga is a word which evolved from the derogative term "******". Tupac best defined the distinction between the two.

Tupac defined the word

So, you can yell that you don't agree with the distinction until you're blue in the face, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't actionably exist. Disagreeing with reality doesn't make it any less real.

And if you guys want to go around saying ****** so much -just go around saying it. Grow a pair, no need for long winded paragraphs on paragraphs. If theres enough support out there for your crusade, good on ya.

It started because blacks have you fooled into thinking that "nigga" is different than "******" because they drop the "r" when in fact they've always dropped the "r".

Black Vernacular:

yep!

nigga

39430 up, 9455 down

Tupac defined the word

It started because blacks have you fooled into thinking that "nigga" is different than "******" because they drop the "r" when in fact they've always dropped the "r".

They have me fooled?

I'm not 12. I don't play these little kid games. I understand there's a difference. There's a fuck ton of literature you can find stating the same.

I don't care if you ignore it, but like I said - your ignorance doesn't make it any less of a reality. It's used in a very different way, that is just a hard fact. Kinda really weird and sadistic to even try to deny it.

I was listening to retired WR and Hall Of Fame inductee Chris Carter talk about Riley Cooper being recorded using the N-Word and he was talking about not only black balling him but players possibly trying to hurt him during a game.

This is simply a case of reverse discrimination, and regardless what someone says they don't deserve to be assaulted for it.

I have no respect for people like Riley Cooper, but I also don't think trying to injure him is a rational response. It simply shows a lack of tolerance and illustrates yet again the double-standards that exist in America today.

First it was the "twitter riots" now its this. Crying as if something actually happened from rumors.

Why? Cause blacks are involved. No opinion on Riley dropping the N word and threatening violence. Nope. Because that came from a white person.

Now show me that fauxrage

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJjmvVeWrfA]Eagles WR Riley Cooper Will Fight Every N Word Here! - YouTube[/ame]

" I will jump that fence and fight every ****** here."

Good, he's apparently really tough. Let's not shed any tears for him if some people take on his challenge like a big boy, hmmm kay?

Forum List

Back