Eagles WR Riley Cooper Uses N-Word. Black NFL Players Set To Retaliate.

This guy who wrote that is a delusional racist.

I don't understand why people act like people who just use ****** freely in their everyday language should be accepted as non racist people, that's asinine. This paragraph is what led me to believe its writer is a racist:

The word acts as a talisman. It's a crutch and an excuse. It is a cover for fear of failure, lack of confidence, and self-contempt. As long as some white, somewhere, can be presumed to be using -- or even thinking -- that word, racism still exists. As long as "******" remains potent, blacks don't have to try. They can resist taking on the full responsibilities of citizenship and continue badgering whites for pity and sympathy. The word is simply too useful to do without.

He's basically saying that as long as blacks don't bow down and accept being insulted, there full of self contempt and they can stay resisting societal responsibility. What a crock of dogshit!

He's got some really deep anti black sentiments in this piece, and I'm not surprised they didn't jump out at ya.

Can you explain why a word that is supposed to be "racist", is used so often by the very people it's supposed to be racist against?

They don't call each other "******" they say "nigga," and the reason is because they decided way back in the late 80's early 90's to take the power away from the word ----> as this thread is actually saying black people should do, and determining that someone who is your "nigga" is your buddy, he's your friend - taking away the negative connotation of the word ******, and adding a little twist. It's as simple as that, and a lot of older people who don't know these things still think that black people are all calling each other ******. The different spelling? That little nuance? It does have meaning, whether people like it or not or want to accept it or not. It's pretty hard to understand, apparently.

Using Niggah is just a dodge. It wouldn't matter if the white guy said ****** or Niggah, the reaction would be the same. Try it out and see if it makes any difference.

The best way to take the power out of a word is ignore it, not blow it out of proportion, and make threats every time some schmuck uses it.

Nope, some folks need an excuse to be an asshole, and the N-Word is a government sponsored way to do it.

nigga isn't ******, and if you don't know why, and why there's a difference, then you're old or secluded.

and if you do know, then you're being purposefully daft.

i'd choose to be none of those, but you do you playboy.

youre gunna whine about p.c. shit while commenting in a thread whining that some dudes are gunna go after a dude on the field of FOOTBALL with some hits? get a clue.

While there may be a difference most still find either word offensive,and I find it highly unlikely a black dude would smile if I said "Nigga Please"
So really it's just another word that whitey cant call a black guy.

Why does the thought of a bunch of white guys saying "Cracka Please" make me laugh?

What a white guy can and cant say is only a product of his fucking balls. If you want to say all this shit that you think society if forcing you not to say - grow a fucking pair and if everyone who wants to say it so bad also grow a fucking pair, then bang - it's suddenly acceptable in society.

Until then, it's not black people forcing you not to say it. It's either you agree that it's a shallow word, or you don't have the balls to stand up for what you do believe. But placing the onus on black people - that's whats the real cowardice.

Nigga Please.....

Riley says he'll fight ever ****** in here and Mud cries about violence and racism....from blacks!?!

Can you explain why a word that is supposed to be "racist", is used so often by the very people it's supposed to be racist against?

They don't call each other "******" they say "nigga," and the reason is because they decided way back in the late 80's early 90's to take the power away from the word ----> as this thread is actually saying black people should do, and determining that someone who is your "nigga" is your buddy, he's your friend - taking away the negative connotation of the word ******, and adding a little twist. It's as simple as that, and a lot of older people who don't know these things still think that black people are all calling each other ******. The different spelling? That little nuance? It does have meaning, whether people like it or not or want to accept it or not. It's pretty hard to understand, apparently.

Using Niggah is just a dodge. It wouldn't matter if the white guy said ****** or Niggah, the reaction would be the same. Try it out and see if it makes any difference.

The best way to take the power out of a word is ignore it, not blow it out of proportion, and make threats every time some schmuck uses it.

Nope, some folks need an excuse to be an asshole, and the N-Word is a government sponsored way to do it.

whatever dude. you must be getting old, it's aight.

While there may be a difference most still find either word offensive,and I find it highly unlikely a black dude would smile if I said "Nigga Please"

Why does the thought of a bunch of white guys saying "Cracka Please" make me laugh?

What a white guy can and cant say is only a product of his fucking balls. If you want to say all this shit that you think society if forcing you not to say - grow a fucking pair and if everyone who wants to say it so bad also grow a fucking pair, then bang - it's suddenly acceptable in society.

Until then, it's not black people forcing you not to say it. It's either you agree that it's a shallow word, or you don't have the balls to stand up for what you do believe. But placing the onus on black people - that's whats the real cowardice.

Nigga Please.....

whoo00oo000, take that pos rep

Instead of pounding him, people should ignore him. How much more power you give a word when you constantly react to it. Cooper's use of the word reflects on him, not on those he was name calling.

nigga isn't ******, and if you don't know why, and why there's a difference, then you're old or secluded.

and if you do know, then you're being purposefully daft.

i'd choose to be none of those, but you do you playboy.

youre gunna whine about p.c. shit while commenting in a thread whining that some dudes are gunna go after a dude on the field of FOOTBALL with some hits? get a clue.

It blacks and liberals.

Some blacks use it to take out their anger and some liberals use it to win elections.

^ this is just not wanting to know, dude. What can I tell you.

Do some research why "Nigga" started. It began in urban culture. Let's check the urban dictionary, for starters.....let's see if it backs up my previous assertion.............

yep!

nigga

Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on more

39430 up, 9455 down

Nigga is a word which evolved from the derogative term "******". Tupac best defined the distinction between the two.

******- a black man with a slavery chain around his neck.

NIGGA- a black man with a gold chain on his neck.

Tupac defined the word

So, you can yell that you don't agree with the distinction until you're blue in the face, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't actionably exist. Disagreeing with reality doesn't make it any less real.

And if you guys want to go around saying ****** so much -just go around saying it. Grow a pair, no need for long winded paragraphs on paragraphs. If theres enough support out there for your crusade, good on ya.

It started because blacks have you fooled into thinking that "nigga" is different than "******" because they drop the "r" when in fact they've always dropped the "r".

They have me fooled?

I'm not 12. I don't play these little kid games. I understand there's a difference. There's a fuck ton of literature you can find stating the same.

I don't care if you ignore it, but like I said - your ignorance doesn't make it any less of a reality. It's used in a very different way, that is just a hard fact. Kinda really weird and sadistic to even try to deny it.

Obviously they do if you think that by dropping the "r" makes an insulting word into an endearing term.

A lot of words have different meanings according to the context in which they're used. I'm not arguing that.

I'm arguing the fact that in blacks vernacular dropping the "r" is common and doesn't change the meaning of the word. "Foe" is still "four", "doe" is still "door", "motha" is still "mother".

•Consonantal /r/ is usually dropped if not followed by a vowel, (e.g. “poor” becomes [po]) or, if it’s between a consonant and a back rounded vowel (e.g.”throw” becomes [tho]) and intervocalic /r/ may also be deleted (e.g. “story” becomes [stɔ.i] )

Eagles WR Riley Cooper Uses N-Word. Black NFL Players Set To Retaliate.

And the black players don't use the word "******" or even "cracker"? Geez, what a bunch of hypocrites.

It started because blacks have you fooled into thinking that "nigga" is different than "******" because they drop the "r" when in fact they've always dropped the "r".

They have me fooled?

I'm not 12. I don't play these little kid games. I understand there's a difference. There's a fuck ton of literature you can find stating the same.

I don't care if you ignore it, but like I said - your ignorance doesn't make it any less of a reality. It's used in a very different way, that is just a hard fact. Kinda really weird and sadistic to even try to deny it.

Obviously they do if you think that by dropping the "r" makes an insulting word into an endearing term.

A lot of words have different meanings according to the context in which they're used. I'm not arguing that.

I'm arguing the fact that in blacks vernacular dropping the "r" is common and doesn't change the meaning of the word. "Foe" is still "four", "doe" is still "door", "motha" is still "mother".

•Consonantal /r/ is usually dropped if not followed by a vowel, (e.g. “poor” becomes [po]) or, if it’s between a consonant and a back rounded vowel (e.g.”throw” becomes [tho]) and intervocalic /r/ may also be deleted (e.g. “story” becomes [stɔ.i] )

right, theyre going around insulting each other as they sit and chill and say these are my niggas.

and im the one fooled.

rye, rye. preach on, you know all about urban culture what with living on your cattle ranch in texas and all. preach!

They have me fooled?

right, theyre going around insulting each other as they sit and chill and say these are my niggas.

and im the one fooled.

rye, rye. preach on, you know all about urban culture what with living on your cattle ranch in texas and all. preach!

You're finally getting the point. It's not an offensive word at all unless a white person says it.

and im the one fooled.

You're finally getting the point. It's not an offensive word at all unless a white person says it.

Yea, where the hell did it even come from anyways and what did it mean? :cuckoo:

and im the one fooled.

Yea, where the hell did it even come from anyways and what did it mean? :cuckoo:

Didn't you watch your on youtube clip?

The history of the word ****** is often traced to the Latin word niger, meaning Black. This word became the noun, Negro (Black person) in English, and simply the color Black in Spanish and Portuguese. In early modern French, niger became negre and, later, negress (Black woman) was unmistakably a part of language history. One can compare to negre the derogatory ****** and earlier English substitutes such as negar, neegar, neger, and niggor that developed into its lexico-semantic true version in English. It is probable that ****** is a phonetic spelling of the White Southern mispronunciation of Negro.

Source:

The history of the word ****** is often traced to the Latin word niger, meaning Black. This word became the noun, Negro (Black person) in English, and simply the color Black in Spanish and Portuguese. In early modern French, niger became negre and, later, negress (Black woman) was unmistakably a part of language history. One can compare to negre the derogatory ****** and earlier English substitutes such as negar, neegar, neger, and niggor that developed into its lexico-semantic true version in English. It is probable that ****** is a phonetic spelling of the White Southern mispronunciation of Negro.

Source:

Youre right bro. It was never a negative word, in America. What was anyone even thinking

Source:

Youre right bro. It was never a negative word, in America. What was anyone even thinking

I never said that and you know it.

and im the one fooled.

Whether it is offensive depends on how it is used. My mother was an American Indian. I was called Chief and Pappoose as I was growing up. Neither of these are offensive words on their own, but they were meant as insults.

Forum List

Back