Eating catfish is just as sinful as homosexuality

Want to talk about the fact that King David and Jonathan hand a formally recognized same sex union in the eyes of the state of Israel?

Yes, please give chapter and verse where it says that David and Jonathan had any relationship besides a close friendship (more like Jonathan idolized David).

They spoke of supporting each other's children (that would mean legitimate marriage, and all that goes with it).

By what authority do you declare homosexuality NOT sinful? The Lord did say that a man sleeping with another man as a woman was wrong. In Leviticus, it says that the man that does that "forfeits" his life (I do not know what that means, but it is the only place, the only sin that I remember having this stigma). In the NT, Yeshua spoke against lewd and perverse behavior. When Yeshua stopped the men from stoning the adulterous woman, what did he tell her? I will give you a hint: STOP THAT (sinful behavior). The Holy Spirit can give us the "grace" to overcome our sinful behavior, and only through the Lord can we go beyond our physical world and walk towards His light.

Today, those that want to practice Christanity, condemn homosexual behavior (notice they do not condemn the homosexual). Every person has sinful behaviors. Christians acknowledge those sins, and work to become better people. It is only homosexual activists that not only want this sin to be "tolerated", but they want this sinful behavior elevated to acceptable and even "preferred" behavior.

For someone that reads the Bible, it should be noted there are numerous places where deceit is strongly condemned. There are also mentions of those that lead the children astray from the Lord; it does not please the Lord. There are also places that mention "twisting" or changing the Bible for our own purposes; it does not please the Lord. Homosexual activists that claim to "love" the Lord should consider how their "love" will be regarded. Yeshua narrowed the Commandments to two. Our job as Christians is even more simple: give thanks and praise to the Lord (notice there is no telling the Lord that He is wrong).

I wish you peace. I hope you can find that passage about David and Jonathan, so you can gain a better understanding of the Lord.

Not a problem......here ya go........

Bible verses are also provided.......

David and Jonathan
There is an extensive and very sympathetic description of a same-sex relationship in the Bible, the story of David and Jonathan, e.g.: 1 Samuel 18:1-5, 1 Samuel 19:1-7, 1 Samuel 20:30-42, 2 Samuel 1:25-6. While their bond is described as non-sexual, it is difficult to characterize it as purely one of friendship.

Jonathan was the son of Saul, David's nemesis. Their souls are described as 'knit together'. David and Jonathan 'made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.' The word convenant is significant, because in the Tanach this word always implies a formal legal agreement. To mark this convenant, Jonathan literally gives David the clothes off of his back, as well as other gifts such as weapons.

Later in the narrative, Jonathan successfully intercedes with Saul to spare David's life. At their last meeing, 1 Samuel 20:41, they are described as kissing one another and weeping together. David's grief at Jonathan's death is profound and moving. In Davids lament for Jonathan he describes their friendship as '(sur)passing the love of women'. This elegy, 2 Samuel 1:18-27. known as 'the Bow,' is one of the most beloved passages in the Hebrew Bible.

This narrative far outweighs the two trivial aspersions against same-sex love in Leviticus. The bigots who use the Bible to assault gays are apparently blind to it.

Internet Sacred Text Archive Home

1 Samuel 18

Saul’s Growing Fear of David
1 After David had finished talking with Saul, Jonathan became one in spirit with David, and he loved him as himself. 2 From that day Saul kept David with him and did not let him return home to his family. 3 And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. 4 Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
5 Whatever mission Saul sent him on, David was so successful that Saul gave him a high rank in the army. This pleased all the troops, and Saul’s officers as well.

Are you ignoring this:
1 Samuel 17:37-40

New International Version (NIV)

37 The LORD who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine.”

Saul said to David, “Go, and the LORD be with you.”

38 Then Saul dressed David in his own tunic. He put a coat of armor on him and a bronze helmet on his head. 39 David fastened on his sword over the tunic and tried walking around, because he was not used to them.

“I cannot go in these,” he said to Saul, “because I am not used to them.” So he took them off. 40 Then he took his staff in his hand, chose five smooth stones from the stream, put them in the pouch of his shepherd’s bag and, with his sling in his hand, approached the Philistine.

Do you now want to claim that Saul had a relationship with David because he "gave" him his clothes too?

1 Samuel 19:1-7

1 Samuel 19

Saul Tries to Kill David
1 Saul told his son Jonathan and all the attendants to kill David. But Jonathan had taken a great liking to David 2 and warned him, “My father Saul is looking for a chance to kill you. Be on your guard tomorrow morning; go into hiding and stay there. 3 I will go out and stand with my father in the field where you are. I’ll speak to him about you and will tell you what I find out.”
4 Jonathan spoke well of David to Saul his father and said to him, “Let not the king do wrong to his servant David; he has not wronged you, and what he has done has benefited you greatly. 5 He took his life in his hands when he killed the Philistine. The LORD won a great victory for all Israel, and you saw it and were glad. Why then would you do wrong to an innocent man like David by killing him for no reason?”

6 Saul listened to Jonathan and took this oath: “As surely as the LORD lives, David will not be put to death.”

7 So Jonathan called David and told him the whole conversation. He brought him to Saul, and David was with Saul as before.

1 Samuel 20:30-42

No mention of a homosexual union there.

30 Saul’s anger flared up at Jonathan and he said to him, “You son of a perverse and rebellious woman! Don’t I know that you have sided with the son of Jesse to your own shame and to the shame of the mother who bore you? 31 As long as the son of Jesse lives on this earth, neither you nor your kingdom will be established. Now send someone to bring him to me, for he must die!”

32 “Why should he be put to death? What has he done?” Jonathan asked his father. 33 But Saul hurled his spear at him to kill him. Then Jonathan knew that his father intended to kill David.

34 Jonathan got up from the table in fierce anger; on that second day of the feast he did not eat, because he was grieved at his father’s shameful treatment of David.

35 In the morning Jonathan went out to the field for his meeting with David. He had a small boy with him, 36 and he said to the boy, “Run and find the arrows I shoot.” As the boy ran, he shot an arrow beyond him. 37 When the boy came to the place where Jonathan’s arrow had fallen, Jonathan called out after him, “Isn’t the arrow beyond you?” 38 Then he shouted, “Hurry! Go quickly! Don’t stop!” The boy picked up the arrow and returned to his master. 39 (The boy knew nothing about all this; only Jonathan and David knew.) 40 Then Jonathan gave his weapons to the boy and said, “Go, carry them back to town.”

41 After the boy had gone, David got up from the south side of the stone and bowed down before Jonathan three times, with his face to the ground. Then they kissed each other and wept together—but David wept the most.

42 Jonathan said to David, “Go in peace, for we have sworn friendship with each other in the name of the LORD, saying, ‘The LORD is witness between you and me, and between your descendants and my descendants forever.’” Then David left, and Jonathan went back to the town.[a]

Friendship is not a homosexual union. This sounds more like a political treaty between tribes than a "homosexual" union.

2 Samuel 1:25-26

25 “How the mighty have fallen in battle!
Jonathan lies slain on your heights.
26 I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother;
you were very dear to me.
Your love for me was wonderful,
more wonderful than that of women.

Did he ever speak of him after Bathsheba?

1 Samuel 20:41

41 After the boy had gone, David got up from the south side of the stone and bowed down before Jonathan three times, with his face to the ground. Then they kissed each other and wept together—but David wept the most.

Sounds like the common custom of that area when a great sacrifice has been made for another (Johathan gave up his ability to inherit due to his disobedience to his father)

2 Samuel 1:18-27

18 and he ordered that the people of Judah be taught this lament of the bow (it is written in the Book of Jashar):

19 “A gazelle[a] lies slain on your heights, Israel.
How the mighty have fallen!

20 “Tell it not in Gath,
proclaim it not in the streets of Ashkelon,
lest the daughters of the Philistines be glad,
lest the daughters of the uncircumcised rejoice.

21 “Mountains of Gilboa,
may you have neither dew nor rain,
may no showers fall on your terraced fields.
For there the shield of the mighty was despised,
the shield of Saul—no longer rubbed with oil.

22 “From the blood of the slain,
from the flesh of the mighty,
the bow of Jonathan did not turn back,
the sword of Saul did not return unsatisfied.
23 Saul and Jonathan—
in life they were loved and admired,
and in death they were not parted.
They were swifter than eagles,
they were stronger than lions.

24 “Daughters of Israel,
weep for Saul,
who clothed you in scarlet and finery,
who adorned your garments with ornaments of gold.

25 “How the mighty have fallen in battle!
Jonathan lies slain on your heights.
26 I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother;
you were very dear to me.
Your love for me was wonderful,
more wonderful than that of women.

27 “How the mighty have fallen!
The weapons of war have perished!”

2 Samuel 9:7-12

7 “Don’t be afraid,” David said to him, “for I will surely show you kindness for the sake of your father Jonathan. I will restore to you all the land that belonged to your grandfather Saul, and you will always eat at my table.”

8 Mephibosheth bowed down and said, “What is your servant, that you should notice a dead dog like me?”

9 Then the king summoned Ziba, Saul’s steward, and said to him, “I have given your master’s grandson everything that belonged to Saul and his family. 10 You and your sons and your servants are to farm the land for him and bring in the crops, so that your master’s grandson may be provided for. And Mephibosheth, grandson of your master, will always eat at my table.” (Now Ziba had fifteen sons and twenty servants.)

11 Then Ziba said to the king, “Your servant will do whatever my lord the king commands his servant to do.” So Mephibosheth ate at David’s[a] table like one of the king’s sons.

12 Mephibosheth had a young son named Mika, and all the members of Ziba’s household were servants of Mephibosheth.
Again there is no mention of a homosexual union. There is respect and honor.

Point: if David was homosexual, why didn't he use his power as king to have male lovers? Why did he take wives?

Read it in the bible and weep folks.

Eating fish without scales is a sin.

Interesting how some churches have catfish dinners...

Guess they should have Homo day as well?

What part of old testament vs the new testament don't you get? This is stupid but I guess I'll deal with it.

With all due respect you look like a real freaking idiot here referring to Leviticus when we are all New T.

In Mark 7:14-23, Jesus declares all foods "clean". Does this statement nullify the Old Testament dietary law outlined in Leviticus 11?

This is a very interesting question. Let’s first read the text in question.

Mark 7:14-23: “Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, ‘Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a man can make him unclean by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him unclean.’

After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. ‘Are you so dull?’ he asked. ‘Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him `unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body.’(In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.")

He went on: ‘What comes out of a man is what makes him `unclean.' For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and make a man `unclean.’”

Now let’s back away and read what precedes these words from Jesus. Why was Jesus saying those words?

Mark 7:1-13: “The Pharisees and some of the teachers of the law who had come from Jerusalem gathered around Jesus and saw some of his disciples eating food with hands that were "unclean," that is, unwashed. (The Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they give their hands a ceremonial washing, holding to the tradition of the elders. When they come from the marketplace they do not eat unless they wash. And they observe many other traditions, such as the washing of cups, pitchers and kettles.)

So the Pharisees and teachers of the law asked Jesus, ‘Why don't your disciples live according to the tradition of the elders instead of eating their food with `unclean' hands?’

He replied, ‘Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:
“These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.”

You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.’ And he said to them: ‘You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said,

`Honor your father and your mother,' and, `Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.' But you say that if a man says to his father or mother: `Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is Corban' (that is, a gift devoted to God), then you no longer let him do anything for his father or mother. Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.’”

Jesus was reacting to the Pharisees’ criticism concerning his disciples eating with unwashed hands. Immediately Jesus points out that they “have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men”.

Jesus wasn’t pleased that a human was putting tradition above His father’s laws. It’s unbelievable, but we humans make so many laws (tradition) and confuse them with God’s will. How indignant Jesus was with that thought.

That is when Jesus made this famous comment: “Nothing outside a man can make him `unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him `unclean.” How true He was. It is not because his disciples ate food with unwashed hands that they were sinners. It is what comes out of the heart of men that makes him/her a sinner (unclean). (verse 15, 16)

I believe those terms fit homosexual acts as well as all other forms of sexula immortality.

You people DO realize that homosexuality and lesbianism are different, right?

Do you ALSO realize that there is nothing in the Bible against lesbianism?

There is something in the Bible against:

Bearing false witness (that would be deceiving a family)
Not honoring your parents (seriously, how many parents introduce their toddles as future homosexuals)
Coveting (your neighbors' children, no matter what age)

Do lesbians do any of those? If they do, they are acting sinfully.

What part of old testament vs the new testament don't you get? This is stupid but I guess I'll deal with it.

With all due respect you look like a real freaking idiot here referring to Leviticus when we are all New T.

In Mark 7:14-23, Jesus declares all foods "clean". Does this statement nullify the Old Testament dietary law outlined in Leviticus 11?

Mark 7:14-23: “Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, ‘Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a man can make him unclean by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him unclean.’

After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. ‘Are you so dull?’ he asked. ‘Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him `unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body.’(In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.")

He went on: ‘What comes out of a man is what makes him `unclean.' For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and make a man `unclean.’”

Now let’s back away and read what precedes these words from Jesus. Why was Jesus saying those words?

Mark 7:1-13: “The Pharisees and some of the teachers of the law who had come from Jerusalem gathered around Jesus and saw some of his disciples eating food with hands that were "unclean," that is, unwashed. (The Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they give their hands a ceremonial washing, holding to the tradition of the elders. When they come from the marketplace they do not eat unless they wash. And they observe many other traditions, such as the washing of cups, pitchers and kettles.)

So the Pharisees and teachers of the law asked Jesus, ‘Why don't your disciples live according to the tradition of the elders instead of eating their food with `unclean' hands?’

He replied, ‘Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:
“These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.”

You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.’ And he said to them: ‘You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said,

`Honor your father and your mother,' and, `Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.' But you say that if a man says to his father or mother: `Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is Corban' (that is, a gift devoted to God), then you no longer let him do anything for his father or mother. Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.’”

Jesus was reacting to the Pharisees’ criticism concerning his disciples eating with unwashed hands. Immediately Jesus points out that they “have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men”.

Jesus wasn’t pleased that a human was putting tradition above His father’s laws. It’s unbelievable, but we humans make so many laws (tradition) and confuse them with God’s will. How indignant Jesus was with that thought.

That is when Jesus made this famous comment: “Nothing outside a man can make him `unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him `unclean.” How true He was. It is not because his disciples ate food with unwashed hands that they were sinners. It is what comes out of the heart of men that makes him/her a sinner (unclean). (verse 15, 16)

What about Jesus not condemning homosexuality do you not get?

...."He went on: ‘What comes out of a man is what makes him `unclean.' For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and make a man `unclean." ....

I believe those thouroughly cover homosexual behavior.

...."He went on: ‘What comes out of a man is what makes him `unclean.' For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and make a man `unclean." ....

Murder and homosexuality are equal sins in your book?

Not honoring your parents (seriously, how many parents introduce their toddles as future homosexuals)

The word, "lesbian" is not in the bible.

I agree. Jesus did not condemn homosexuals.

It is a Biblical quote. I did not say it. In Biblical terms, they are both sins against the Lord. All people sin. It is "only" the homosexual activists that claim "their" sinful behavior is not a sin. To people, some sins seem worse than others, but for the Lord, we don't know how He judges sins. We will discover that on judgement day. I know that I have as sinned, and that I will have to answer for those sins. I will not be standing there arguing with the Lord about how he made me prone to sin or about why He put temptations in my path. He also gave me the power (thru prayer) to overcome and lessen my sinning (thru the Holy Spirit). He gave the same power to every other person. It is up to them to choose.

Did I say it was?

Do lesbians do any of these:

It is a Biblical quote. I did not say it. In Biblical terms, they are both sins against the Lord. All people sin. It is "only" the homosexual activists that claim "their" sinful behavior is not a sin. To people, some sins seem worse than others, but for the Lord, we don't know how He judges sins. We will discover that on judgement day. I know that I have as sinned, and that I will have to answer for those sins. I will not be standing there arguing with the Lord about how he made me prone to sin or about why He put temptations in my path. He also gave me the power (thru prayer) to overcome and lessen my sinning (thru the Holy Spirit). He gave the same power to every other person. It is up to them to choose.

It's complete bullshit. Homosexuality is not a sin, adultery is.

Did I say it was?

Do lesbians do any of these:

You're nuts. You're looking for sin everywhere. I feel sorry for you. Why don't you mind your own business?

Homosexuality is in the OLD and NEW testaments...it says it is an abomination to the Lord. How is that stating it is not a sin??? Guess it really doesn't matter, you'll know for sure one day and i have a feeling you're not going to like the answer God gives you!

Homosexuality is in the OLD and NEW testaments...it says it is an abomination to the Lord. How is that stating it is not a sin??? Guess it really doesn't matter, you'll know for sure one day and i have a feeling you're not going to like the answer God gives you!

Really? You just told me to go to hell, didn't you?

God doesn't exist. What would be a sin, would be for me to leave my love of 26 years because of YOUR negative judgment.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Its worse than just sin, its an *abomination*.:eusa_hand:
2. The truth will always win this debate, and in the end, the word of God shall be followed, and sure, its going to suck being a homosexual.
3. Its weird how the negative aspect of being a homosexual will end up being its own judgment.:eusa_hand:
4. Its a good day to start again eh?:eusa_pray:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I am a straight, non "homosexual activist", country boy, flannel shirt wearing, former football playing, married with 3 children, tobacco chewing, beer swilling, deer hunting and bass catching southerner that claims homosexuals are not committing sin with their behavior.
Jesus never said it was so I do not believe it.
And if you claim that religous activists treat those that drink a little too much the same way they do gay folks you are in serious denial.
Gay folks are persecuted for being what God made them.
Why don't you focus on that and call out those so called "Christians" that are at the head of the line gay bashing?

God is going to PISSED when you folks get to heaven and he confronts you on how badly you have treated gay folks.

Forum List

Back