Eating catfish is just as sinful as homosexuality

Read it in the bible and weep folks.

Eating fish without scales is a sin.

Interesting how some churches have catfish dinners...

Guess they should have Homo day as well?

Guess what else the Bible doesn't like you doing?

Shaving (Leviticus 19:27)
Cursing (Ephesians (5:4)
Gossip (Leviticus 19:16)
Football on Saturdays (Exodus 20:8)
Eating Lobster (Leviticus 11:10)
Eating Pork (Leviticus 11:7)
Cotton/Polyester Blends (Leviticus 19:19)
Associating With Women Who Are On Their Periods (Leviticus 15:19-20)

What part of old testament vs the new testament don't you get? This is stupid but I guess I'll deal with it.

With all due respect you look like a real freaking idiot here referring to Leviticus when we are all New T.

In Mark 7:14-23, Jesus declares all foods "clean". Does this statement nullify the Old Testament dietary law outlined in Leviticus 11?

This is a very interesting question. Let’s first read the text in question.

Mark 7:14-23: “Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, ‘Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a man can make him unclean by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him unclean.’

After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. ‘Are you so dull?’ he asked. ‘Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him `unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body.’(In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.")

He went on: ‘What comes out of a man is what makes him `unclean.' For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and make a man `unclean.’”

Now let’s back away and read what precedes these words from Jesus. Why was Jesus saying those words?

Mark 7:1-13: “The Pharisees and some of the teachers of the law who had come from Jerusalem gathered around Jesus and saw some of his disciples eating food with hands that were "unclean," that is, unwashed. (The Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they give their hands a ceremonial washing, holding to the tradition of the elders. When they come from the marketplace they do not eat unless they wash. And they observe many other traditions, such as the washing of cups, pitchers and kettles.)

So the Pharisees and teachers of the law asked Jesus, ‘Why don't your disciples live according to the tradition of the elders instead of eating their food with `unclean' hands?’

He replied, ‘Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:
“These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.”

You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.’ And he said to them: ‘You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said,

`Honor your father and your mother,' and, `Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.' But you say that if a man says to his father or mother: `Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is Corban' (that is, a gift devoted to God), then you no longer let him do anything for his father or mother. Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.’”

Jesus was reacting to the Pharisees’ criticism concerning his disciples eating with unwashed hands. Immediately Jesus points out that they “have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men”.

Jesus wasn’t pleased that a human was putting tradition above His father’s laws. It’s unbelievable, but we humans make so many laws (tradition) and confuse them with God’s will. How indignant Jesus was with that thought.

That is when Jesus made this famous comment: “Nothing outside a man can make him `unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him `unclean.” How true He was. It is not because his disciples ate food with unwashed hands that they were sinners. It is what comes out of the heart of men that makes him/her a sinner (unclean). (verse 15, 16)

Here's a thought, why not research obscure passages in the Koran and explain why they want to decapitate the infidels.

I'm a Christian not a Jew. What part of the OT don't you get you moron.

I swear, you people are freaking idiots. The OT is basically a history lesson you fools for Christians.

Lord I hate stupid people. And by the way I can call you out on that because I am a Ted Nugent type of Christian and you people just piss me clean off when you insult my Saviour, my Christ, my being and let alone my Lord Jehovah.

Eating fried catfish is good for you. Especially if you eat it with cold slaw, french fries and a big glass of sweet iced tea.

If one's wife age is in the single digits and you waited 3 years before she matured before double digits, would you consider this a sin?

You know. That champ of a lifetime of Islam. He marries his main chick at 6 years old and waits, earnestly waits to take her at nine.

A champ. A left wing Icon. Having the patience to wait until she was 9 or 10?

Talk to me about sins.

Eating fried catfish is good for you. Especially if you eat it with cold slaw, french fries and a big glass of sweet iced tea.

Darlin, one party I'm in with juleps but give me mud pie every every time. Great place just about an hour out of outside of Boaz. Hope they are still out there.

We rolled in a tad late. They kept going for us (had some friends down from Canada). The chef had done a marinara sauce for the catfish.

It was moist, it was flakey, and superbly delicious. Awesome.

I was taught in the Assemblies of God that I would not go to heaven for going to movies.
Dancing was the same problem.

However now it is ok in the Assemblies of God.

Go figure.

This is why i have a problem with man made laws that a lot of church's go by. it was the same in the Nazarene Church for years, now it's ok. That's because too many organized religions have their own laws. I'm a Christian, but i believe just what is told me in the Bible, not something a person has made up. Now i do believe you need to be careful what kind of movies you watch, and what kind of dancing you do! But it's not a sin!

Which one was the "thou shalt not eat catfish or pork" commandment?

I'm sure it falls under one of the 10. Sorry, I am not a real bible-knowing person. Just a believer. You'll have to check with someone else on this.

You really should study the bible to better understand what you believe in.
I recommend the new testament excluding revelations.
Try to live like Jesus and you will be a better person.

Regardless of heaven or hell you will live a better life for it.

Why would someone want to exclude Revelation? I think that's the most exciting book in the Bible!!! yes, it can be overwhelming, and it has to be read in a Bible with "everyday" language to be able to understand everything, but i think it's awesome!

Sorry bout that,

1. Food laws are gone, except we are not to eat things strangled, or eat blood, for life is in the blood, why would we want too anyways?
2. Other than that, as long as we are grateful for our food, everythings clean to us, even bloody foods, and things strangled.
3. Because everything that enters into the mouth, doesn't go into the heart, its what comes out of the mouth, the words we say, that come from the heart.
4. Thats something everyone could work on here.:eusa_hand:
5. And I'm just as bad as a lot of you too, I admit it.:eusa_hand:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Neither eating catfish nor being gay is a sin.

You got one right.....guess which one! :)

Well since god made many people as gay then it must be eating the catfish is a sin because it is a choice.

Sorry...wrong again :)

1 Corinthians 6:8-10
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

8 On the contrary, you yourselves wrong and defraud. You do this even to your brethren.

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

or:

1 Timothy 1:9-11
New American Standard Bible (NASB)

9 realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10 [a]and immoral men [c]and homosexuals [d]and kidnappers [e]and liars [f]and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.

You people DO realize that homosexuality and lesbianism are different, right?

Do you ALSO realize that there is nothing in the Bible against lesbianism?

I swear, you people are freaking idiots. The OT is basically a history lesson you fools for Christians.

Lord I hate stupid people. And by the way I can call you out on that because I am a Ted Nugent type of Christian and you people just piss me clean off when you insult my Saviour, my Christ, my being and let alone my Lord Jehovah.

That's a nice bit of name-calling. Anyway, according to Matthew 5:18, "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished."

It looks like the earth is still here. Therefore, the Law still applies. Check out 1 Corinthians for some more interesting rules.

Are you that spiteful or are you just extremely ignorant on matters of Biblical law?

What part of old testament vs the new testament don't you get? This is stupid but I guess I'll deal with it.

With all due respect you look like a real freaking idiot here referring to Leviticus when we are all New T.

In Mark 7:14-23, Jesus declares all foods "clean". Does this statement nullify the Old Testament dietary law outlined in Leviticus 11?

This is a very interesting question. Let’s first read the text in question.

Mark 7:14-23: “Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, ‘Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a man can make him unclean by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him unclean.’

After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. ‘Are you so dull?’ he asked. ‘Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him `unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body.’(In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.")

He went on: ‘What comes out of a man is what makes him `unclean.' For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and make a man `unclean.’”

Now let’s back away and read what precedes these words from Jesus. Why was Jesus saying those words?

Mark 7:1-13: “The Pharisees and some of the teachers of the law who had come from Jerusalem gathered around Jesus and saw some of his disciples eating food with hands that were "unclean," that is, unwashed. (The Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they give their hands a ceremonial washing, holding to the tradition of the elders. When they come from the marketplace they do not eat unless they wash. And they observe many other traditions, such as the washing of cups, pitchers and kettles.)

So the Pharisees and teachers of the law asked Jesus, ‘Why don't your disciples live according to the tradition of the elders instead of eating their food with `unclean' hands?’

He replied, ‘Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:
“These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.”

You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.’ And he said to them: ‘You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said,

`Honor your father and your mother,' and, `Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.' But you say that if a man says to his father or mother: `Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is Corban' (that is, a gift devoted to God), then you no longer let him do anything for his father or mother. Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.’”

Jesus was reacting to the Pharisees’ criticism concerning his disciples eating with unwashed hands. Immediately Jesus points out that they “have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men”.

Jesus wasn’t pleased that a human was putting tradition above His father’s laws. It’s unbelievable, but we humans make so many laws (tradition) and confuse them with God’s will. How indignant Jesus was with that thought.

That is when Jesus made this famous comment: “Nothing outside a man can make him `unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him `unclean.” How true He was. It is not because his disciples ate food with unwashed hands that they were sinners. It is what comes out of the heart of men that makes him/her a sinner (unclean). (verse 15, 16)

What about Jesus not condemning homosexuality do you not get?

Ted Nugent is a draft dodging hot air buffoon.

Want to talk about the fact that King David and Jonathan hand a formally recognized same sex union in the eyes of the state of Israel?

Yes, please give chapter and verse where it says that David and Jonathan had any relationship besides a close friendship (more like Jonathan idolized David).

They spoke of supporting each other's children (that would mean legitimate marriage, and all that goes with it).

By what authority do you declare homosexuality NOT sinful? The Lord did say that a man sleeping with another man as a woman was wrong. In Leviticus, it says that the man that does that "forfeits" his life (I do not know what that means, but it is the only place, the only sin that I remember having this stigma). In the NT, Yeshua spoke against lewd and perverse behavior. When Yeshua stopped the men from stoning the adulterous woman, what did he tell her? I will give you a hint: STOP THAT (sinful behavior). The Holy Spirit can give us the "grace" to overcome our sinful behavior, and only through the Lord can we go beyond our physical world and walk towards His light.

Today, those that want to practice Christanity, condemn homosexual behavior (notice they do not condemn the homosexual). Every person has sinful behaviors. Christians acknowledge those sins, and work to become better people. It is only homosexual activists that not only want this sin to be "tolerated", but they want this sinful behavior elevated to acceptable and even "preferred" behavior.

For someone that reads the Bible, it should be noted there are numerous places where deceit is strongly condemned. There are also mentions of those that lead the children astray from the Lord; it does not please the Lord. There are also places that mention "twisting" or changing the Bible for our own purposes; it does not please the Lord. Homosexual activists that claim to "love" the Lord should consider how their "love" will be regarded. Yeshua narrowed the Commandments to two. Our job as Christians is even more simple: give thanks and praise to the Lord (notice there is no telling the Lord that He is wrong).

I wish you peace. I hope you can find that passage about David and Jonathan, so you can gain a better understanding of the Lord.

Where did Jesus condemn homosexual behavior?
The Christian church I attend opens our doors to everyone and we accept homosexuals as they are. Just like Jesus did.
Something about being Christlike in our lives living along other people that there IS NOTHING AT ALL WRONG WITH.
Quit telling me what my job as a Christian is and what relationship I should have with the Lord. I am sure you want "peace" with homosexuals while you condmen that they fall in love with someone of the same sex.
Mind your own business.

"In the NT, Yeshua spoke against lewd and perverse behavior." Homosexual behavior is "lewd" and "perverse".

In your church...... In the gospels it tells us to notify those that are doing sinful behavior that their behavior is sinful. Once you do that it is up to them to change. If they are unwilling to listen, you should "shake the dust" off your feet when you leave. It goes on to say the Lord will treat them the same way. It also talks about if you do not "inform" someone that their behavior is sinful, that you, you, will be accountable for their sins, as if you had committed their sin (as well as your other sins).

I would love to mind my own business. Unfortunately, I have small percentages of the population telling me that their sinful ways should be "mainstream" and taught as "fact". Sorry, I will speak out against falsehoods. I can understand why "cowardly" churches do not want to do this (the same goes for churches that encourage members to ignore illegal aliens). It could affect their bottom line. The Bible says differently, and I will go by the Bible, not some preacher that decided real work was to hard and so they started running a con, preaching what the congregation wants to hear. If you choose to listen to a "person" over the Lord, that is up to you, but do not tell me that I am wrong for reading and understanding the Bible.

Forum List

Back