Eating catfish is just as sinful as homosexuality

Read it in the bible and weep folks.

Eating fish without scales is a sin.

Interesting how some churches have catfish dinners...

Guess they should have Homo day as well?
Wrong. Read Acts. Jesus made clean that which was unclean to eat. Homosexuality has never been justified in the Bible. Funny how sinners always try to justify it by lying that according to the Bible it is no big deal, boy are they WRONG!!!

Want to talk about the fact that King David and Jonathan hand a formally recognized same sex union in the eyes of the state of Israel?

Wrong. Read Acts. Jesus made clean that which was unclean to eat. Homosexuality has never been justified in the Bible. Funny how sinners always try to justify it by lying that according to the Bible it is no big deal, boy are they WRONG!!!

Want to talk about the fact that King David and Jonathan hand a formally recognized same sex union in the eyes of the state of Israel?

Yes, please give chapter and verse where it says that David and Jonathan had any relationship besides a close friendship (more like Jonathan idolized David).

They spoke of supporting each other's children (that would mean legitimate marriage, and all that goes with it).

By what authority do you declare homosexuality NOT sinful? The Lord did say that a man sleeping with another man as a woman was wrong. In Leviticus, it says that the man that does that "forfeits" his life (I do not know what that means, but it is the only place, the only sin that I remember having this stigma). In the NT, Yeshua spoke against lewd and perverse behavior. When Yeshua stopped the men from stoning the adulterous woman, what did he tell her? I will give you a hint: STOP THAT (sinful behavior). The Holy Spirit can give us the "grace" to overcome our sinful behavior, and only through the Lord can we go beyond our physical world and walk towards His light.

Today, those that want to practice Christanity, condemn homosexual behavior (notice they do not condemn the homosexual). Every person has sinful behaviors. Christians acknowledge those sins, and work to become better people. It is only homosexual activists that not only want this sin to be "tolerated", but they want this sinful behavior elevated to acceptable and even "preferred" behavior.

For someone that reads the Bible, it should be noted there are numerous places where deceit is strongly condemned. There are also mentions of those that lead the children astray from the Lord; it does not please the Lord. There are also places that mention "twisting" or changing the Bible for our own purposes; it does not please the Lord. Homosexual activists that claim to "love" the Lord should consider how their "love" will be regarded. Yeshua narrowed the Commandments to two. Our job as Christians is even more simple: give thanks and praise to the Lord (notice there is no telling the Lord that He is wrong).

I wish you peace. I hope you can find that passage about David and Jonathan, so you can gain a better understanding of the Lord.

Where is being left handed "justified in the Bible"?

Nice how one part of the bible can negate another part you do not like. If you want it to if not then it stays in effect.
And yet the entire Bible is the truth of God.
And is to be followed.

Yes, please give chapter and verse where it says that David and Jonathan had any relationship besides a close friendship (more like Jonathan idolized David).

They spoke of supporting each other's children (that would mean legitimate marriage, and all that goes with it).

By what authority do you declare homosexuality NOT sinful? The Lord did say that a man sleeping with another man as a woman was wrong. In Leviticus, it says that the man that does that "forfeits" his life (I do not know what that means, but it is the only place, the only sin that I remember having this stigma). In the NT, Yeshua spoke against lewd and perverse behavior. When Yeshua stopped the men from stoning the adulterous woman, what did he tell her? I will give you a hint: STOP THAT (sinful behavior). The Holy Spirit can give us the "grace" to overcome our sinful behavior, and only through the Lord can we go beyond our physical world and walk towards His light.

Today, those that want to practice Christanity, condemn homosexual behavior (notice they do not condemn the homosexual). Every person has sinful behaviors. Christians acknowledge those sins, and work to become better people. It is only homosexual activists that not only want this sin to be "tolerated", but they want this sinful behavior elevated to acceptable and even "preferred" behavior.

For someone that reads the Bible, it should be noted there are numerous places where deceit is strongly condemned. There are also mentions of those that lead the children astray from the Lord; it does not please the Lord. There are also places that mention "twisting" or changing the Bible for our own purposes; it does not please the Lord. Homosexual activists that claim to "love" the Lord should consider how their "love" will be regarded. Yeshua narrowed the Commandments to two. Our job as Christians is even more simple: give thanks and praise to the Lord (notice there is no telling the Lord that He is wrong).

I wish you peace. I hope you can find that passage about David and Jonathan, so you can gain a better understanding of the Lord.

Where did Jesus condemn homosexual behavior?
The Christian church I attend opens our doors to everyone and we accept homosexuals as they are. Just like Jesus did.
Something about being Christlike in our lives living along other people that there IS NOTHING AT ALL WRONG WITH.
Quit telling me what my job as a Christian is and what relationship I should have with the Lord. I am sure you want "peace" with homosexuals while you condmen that they fall in love with someone of the same sex.
Mind your own business.

I appreciate all those who showed me that eating catfish is just a sinful as homosexuality.
Jesus changed all of that so that neither are sinful.

That was my entire purpose for this thread.

I love catfish. Deep fried, crispy, soft tender flesh and a dollop of rich tartar sauce. No wonder it's a "sin".

Not a problem......here ya go........

Bible verses are also provided.......

David and Jonathan
There is an extensive and very sympathetic description of a same-sex relationship in the Bible, the story of David and Jonathan, e.g.: 1 Samuel 18:1-5, 1 Samuel 19:1-7, 1 Samuel 20:30-42, 2 Samuel 1:25-6. While their bond is described as non-sexual, it is difficult to characterize it as purely one of friendship.

Jonathan was the son of Saul, David's nemesis. Their souls are described as 'knit together'. David and Jonathan 'made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.' The word convenant is significant, because in the Tanach this word always implies a formal legal agreement. To mark this convenant, Jonathan literally gives David the clothes off of his back, as well as other gifts such as weapons.

Later in the narrative, Jonathan successfully intercedes with Saul to spare David's life. At their last meeing, 1 Samuel 20:41, they are described as kissing one another and weeping together. David's grief at Jonathan's death is profound and moving. In Davids lament for Jonathan he describes their friendship as '(sur)passing the love of women'. This elegy, 2 Samuel 1:18-27. known as 'the Bow,' is one of the most beloved passages in the Hebrew Bible.

This narrative far outweighs the two trivial aspersions against same-sex love in Leviticus. The bigots who use the Bible to assault gays are apparently blind to it.

Internet Sacred Text Archive Home

Fuck that asshole. If he made me in his own image; I improved that image and will kick his arrogant, egotistical, ass.

Fuck that asshole. If he made me in his own image; I improved that image and will kick his arrogant, egotistical, ass.

So........lemmie get this straight..............

You're saying that you'd IMPROVE on what God created in you, improve it, and then use it to kick His ass?

Blasphemy much?

No the bible does not contridict itself.

With the birth, death, and resurection of Jesus a new covnent was formed between God and man. The old rules and ceremonies are not needed anymore. We dont sacrifice animals for salvation, we dont need to restrict our diet or circumcise ourselves to stand out as God chosen people.

The blood of Christ that was applied to our hearts when we were saved is all we need to be considered Gods child.

Just one old hillbillies opinion. :evil:

then why is the old testament still preached from extensively in christian churches?

If you actually read your bible you would see that the whole old testament is fortelling of the coming of Christ. We are not boung by old testament law because of the new convenant with Christ.

You are not interested in anything anyone has to say that is contrary to what you want to beileve. I will pray for you.

True, once it was taken out of context and made into the KJV of the bible it did seem like the old testament was a set up for the new.

(Laughs) True that the Bible warns against eating sea creatures without fins or scales or eating certain animals:

"You can eat any animal that has divided hoofs, completely split, and that re-chews food. ... You may eat anything in the water that has fins and scales, whether in sea or stream." - Leviticus chapter 11.

These verses are cautionary towards good health. You will note that creatures not permitted for human consumption in Leviticus are in fact laden with bad cholesterol which is bad for human health. While homosexuality and lesbianism are revolting, I speak against the lifestyle in terms of health:

Supposed your City informs you that it has bleached and properly cleansed the City's sewage pipes and henceforth will be using the cleansed sewage pipes to source drinking water to your household. Does the facts that the pipes have been bleached and cleansed make them completely free of toxins or acceptable routes to transport your drinking water?

Some die-hard bacterias will remain in pipes as well as the nasty stench from years of transporting stinky toxins! Those formal sewage pipes, though treated, will forever be health hazards.

The human exit is meant to transport waste materials that your body does not need and that are unhealthy to your health. Inserting the most vital human organ into this toxic exit is very unhealthy, since one is bound to ingest or absorb toxins. Likewise, women who insect objects into them risk contracting various infections.

Long and short: Stay away from the human exit. The a-hole is an exit pipe meant to rid your body of unwanted materials to help you develop a healthy lifestyle.

Ewww, who is inserting hearts into anuses? I am truly disgusted. Also, what do lesbians have to do with any of this?

Go dig up some more Bible trivia and get back to us, cat-with-groucho-glasses.

(Laughs) True that the Bible warns against eating sea creatures without fins or scales or eating certain animals:

"You can eat any animal that has divided hoofs, completely split, and that re-chews food. ... You may eat anything in the water that has fins and scales, whether in sea or stream." - Leviticus chapter 11.

These verses are cautionary towards good health. You will note that creatures not permitted for human consumption in Leviticus are in fact laden with bad cholesterol which is bad for human health. While homosexuality and lesbianism are revolting, I speak against the lifestyle in terms of health:

Supposed your City informs you that it has bleached and properly cleansed the City's sewage pipes and henceforth will be using the cleansed sewage pipes to source drinking water to your household. Does the facts that the pipes have been bleached and cleansed make them completely free of toxins or acceptable routes to transport your drinking water?

Some die-hard bacterias will remain in pipes as well as the nasty stench from years of transporting stinky toxins! Those formal sewage pipes, though treated, will forever be health hazards.

The human exit is meant to transport waste materials that your body does not need and that are unhealthy to your health. Inserting the most vital human organ into this toxic exit is very unhealthy, since one is bound to ingest or absorb toxins. Likewise, women who insect objects into them risk contracting various infections.

Long and short: Stay away from the human exit. The a-hole is an exit pipe meant to rid your body of unwanted materials to help you develop a healthy lifestyle.

Ewww, who is inserting hearts into anuses? I am truly disgusted. Also, what do lesbians have to do with any of this?

Yeah who mentioned Nuns?

Nice how one part of the bible can negate another part you do not like. If you want it to if not then it stays in effect.
And yet the entire Bible is the truth of God.
And is to be followed.

I think the truth of the matter is that Paul went to a pig roast and thought it was delicious so decided he better change some of the laws in his new book.

Forum List

Back