Economics 101

In a depression the wealthy get enormous benefits. Their wealth increases and their costs go down. Labor becomes extremely cheap as do products. At one time it was called "utility of poverty." An economic depression is a great period for the wealthy.

In a depression the wealthy get enormous benefits. Their wealth increases

What wealth do you feel increases in a depression? Any specifics?

If I recall my history, thousands of the very wealthy were jumping out of buildings. Not seeing how that's an "enormous benefit" for them. Just call me skeptical about that whole "enormous benefits" thingy.

[

I saw your prior post. Still waiting for an answer that makes sense.

You no longer get to bullshit on this forum.
If you have 100 like everyone else and then everyone else has 25, your 100 have become more valuable.
Not to mention that most Directors know what's going to happen months before it happens and so make contingencies to cash in on economic slumps.
You know, like how Warren Buffet made a fortune from the 2008 crash that he caused.

IF, as you claim, "MOST DIRECTORS" know what's going to happen months before it happens, why don't they make changes?

How many in the country are as wealthy and diversified as Warren Buffet? Specifically how much did he make in 2008...above what he would have made without the recession?

I saw your prior post. Still waiting for an answer that makes sense.

If you have 100 like everyone else and then everyone else has 25, your 100 have become more valuable.
Not to mention that most Directors know what's going to happen months before it happens and so make contingencies to cash in on economic slumps.
You know, like how Warren Buffet made a fortune from the 2008 crash that he caused.

What the fuck are you mumbling about now?

How'd that work out for Dick Fuld and Jimmy Cayne? Durr.

He's a liberal twat, but he didn't cause the 2008 crash.

I KNEW you were going to mention Fuld...one of only SEVEN CEOs to pay for that they did.

Warren Buffet DID cause the crash.
I'll have to wait to talk to my friend from Goldman-Sachs about the details.

I KNEW you were going to mention Fuld...

He wasn't a Director who knew months ahead of time, he was the fucking CEO, why didn't he know years ahead of time? Why didn't Jimmy Cayne? All the Bear Stearns Directors? LOL!

What about every other CEO or officer that held stock in their firm?
They all lost money when their stocks tanked.

Exactly! Fuld was a CEO and I said "Directors"!
So WHY did you post FULD?
I was waiting for you to post vacuous bullshit and you DID!
And I even let you slip on that because I'm a nice guy.
And you know full well why Bear-Stearns was, as my friend says, assassinated.

I take it that you are aware that the directors of any corporation actually make very few decisions. Especially with very large corporations they are honorary positions.

What the fuck are you mumbling about now?

How'd that work out for Dick Fuld and Jimmy Cayne? Durr.

He's a liberal twat, but he didn't cause the 2008 crash.

I KNEW you were going to mention Fuld...one of only SEVEN CEOs to pay for that they did.

Warren Buffet DID cause the crash.
I'll have to wait to talk to my friend from Goldman-Sachs about the details.

I KNEW you were going to mention Fuld...

He wasn't a Director who knew months ahead of time, he was the fucking CEO, why didn't he know years ahead of time? Why didn't Jimmy Cayne? All the Bear Stearns Directors? LOL!

What about every other CEO or officer that held stock in their firm?
They all lost money when their stocks tanked.

Exactly! Fuld was a CEO and I said "Directors"!
So WHY did you post FULD?
I was waiting for you to post vacuous bullshit and you DID!
And I even let you slip on that because I'm a nice guy.
And you know full well why Bear-Stearns was, as my friend says, assassinated.

I take it that you are aware that the directors of any corporation actually make very few decisions. Especially with very large corporations they are honorary positions.

I take it that you are aware that the directors of any corporation actually make very few decisions.

He is aware of very little of the real world.
He does have a rich fantasy life.

I take it that you are aware that the directors of any corporation actually make very few decisions.

He is aware of very little of the real world.
He does have a rich fantasy life.

So I see!

I never cease to find it tragic when I come across minions like Indee here. Everything he just said was 100% inaccurate (and it's provable). But he refuses to accept reality. He prefers the comfort of the liberal masters preaching him the liberal ideology. Here is what really happened - and Warren Buffet didn't cause anything. It was Bill Clinton, the libtards, and their idiot socliaist 1997 Community Re-Investment Act that caused the crash...

Last edited:
In a depression the wealthy get enormous benefits. Their wealth increases and their costs go down. Labor becomes extremely cheap as do products. At one time it was called "utility of poverty." An economic depression is a great period for the wealthy.

If I recall my history, thousands of the very wealthy were jumping out of buildings. Not seeing how that's an "enormous benefit" for them. Just call me skeptical about that whole "enormous benefits" thingy.
They were jumping out of windows because they had lost their wealth via investments. It was the wealth-greed that did them in. So many wealthy have the money to live the good life but they want more so they invest and bingo lose it all. It was greed that caused them to invest and the loss that killed them. How many poor or middle class took that final jump?

They were jumping out of windows because they had lost their wealth via investments. It was the wealth-greed that did them in. So many wealthy have the money to live the good life but they want more so they invest and bingo lose it all. It was greed that caused them to invest and the loss that killed them. How many poor or middle class took that final jump?

Wealthy people lost money in the Depression?

That's the opposite of your original claim. Were you lying, or just wrong?

If one had x amount of dollars would those dollars be worth more in a depression or in a period of prosperity?

What is wrong with wanting more? Do you demand less?

So Markle, in his profound ignorance, states:
What is wrong with wanting more? Do you demand less?

Markle was commenting on a post by regent which said, in total, "In a depression the wealthy get enormous benefits. Their wealth increases and their costs go down. Labor becomes extremely cheap as do products. At one time it was called "utility of poverty." An economic depression is a great period for the wealthy."
So Markle made the above post, I guess thinking it was profound. But in fact which:
1. Has nothing to do with his post at all.
2. Shows the incredible ignorance of Markle.
I think Markle is simply a totally ignorant con tool, so it should be no surprise. And that he owes Regent an apology is obvious. But that would take some measure of class and integrity, so we can be sure there will be no apology.

I asked for a list of Directors who lost big in the 2008 crash and got NO REPLY.
The fact is that Directors have huge storage "houses" of wealth; they can outlast those below them and are worth more today than they would have been worth had there been no crash.

I asked for a list of Directors who lost big in the 2008 crash and got NO REPLY.
The fact is that Directors have huge storage "houses" of wealth; they can outlast those below them and are worth more today than they would have been worth had there been no crash.
.[/QUOTE]
Top 1% Got 93% of Income Growth as Rich-Poor Gap Widened

Good article. Suspect you have seen it. But nearly zero cons have.

[/QUOTE]

What a stupid claim.
The rich lost more when the market tanked, they got some of it back when the market recovered.
And?

What a stupid claim.
The rich lost more when the market tanked, they got some of it back when the market recovered.
And?[/QUOTE]
Post 756 for the Retarded amongst us.
Tell me how poor the MNC Directors are now.
They've destroyed over 98% of the American public and continue to off-shore and business visa us to death.

What a stupid claim.
And?
Post 756 for the Retarded amongst us.
They've destroyed over 98% of the American public and continue to off-shore and business visa us to death.[/QUOTE]

Tell me which ones made money in the crash, how much they made and how you know.

Thanks!

Forum List

Back