Economics 101

1. The Great Depression, worst unemployment in the past century, occurred in 1929 under Republican President Herbert Hoover..

it also occured under uber-liberal interventionist Federal Reserve system that allowed money supply to shrink by 34% to cause Depression. Most half-way literate people know this!! Rshmer skipped college and we can see what an expert that made him on economic matters. Pathetic.

1. The Great Depression, worst unemployment in the past century, occurred in 1929 under Republican President Herbert Hoover..

it also occured under uber-liberal interventionist Federal Reserve system that allowed money supply to shrink by 34% to cause Depression. Most half-way literate people know this!! Rshmer skipped college and we can see what an expert that made him on economic matters. Pathetic.
Funny how a great depression which occurred with republican presidents and a republican congress gets blamed on democrats by republicans. Now, the attempt is both obvious, and impossible. It was, of course, the republican great depression. As all know. And it shows that cons have no class or integrity. But they are funny.
Talking of college, me boy, coming from a person who could not get into one, seems a bit shallow. Don't you think?
You are, however, now a famous person. Known by all as a conservative troll.

In a depression the wealthy get enormous benefits. Their wealth increases and their costs go down. Labor becomes extremely cheap as do products. At one time it was called "utility of poverty." An economic depression is a great period for the wealthy.

Since 1948 FDR has been rated by America's most noted historians as one of the top three American presidents, and recently as the number one. Conservative historians still rated FDR in the top three. As for FDR welfare, if you were able-you worked. For the kids on the road FDR implemented the CCC, a 3C got thirty a month and sent home 25.
First of all, I already proved that wrong. Second - overwhelmingly Ronald Reagan is rated as a top 3 president all time, including by left-wingers. So what does that prove? Absolutely nothing. Reagan's policies were polar opposite of FDR's.

Second, the rest of your post is nonsensical. You asked me to prove that FDR engaged in unconstitutional behavior. I proved it. Now you attempt to move the goalposts and claim that his policies worked. I already proved they didn't with the left-wing UCLA study which indicated his policies prolonged the Great Depression.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter one damn bit what you think of his policies. They were a tremendous failure. And even if they weren't, they were unconstitutional. Which makes them illegal. Which makes FDR a massive dirt-bag.

In a depression the wealthy get enormous benefits. Their wealth increases and their costs go down. Labor becomes extremely cheap as do products. At one time it was called "utility of poverty." An economic depression is a great period for the wealthy.

In a depression the wealthy get enormous benefits. Their wealth increases

What wealth do you feel increases in a depression? Any specifics?

Funny how a great depression which occurred with republican presidents and a republican congress gets blamed on democrats by republicans. .

Actually it gets blamed on huge liberal intervention in the economy not on Republicans and Democrats since liberals infected both parties then. You have to be one step above total illiteracy not to know that.

of course that's 100% mistaken. You get wealthy by selling iphones to everyone. When your customers get poor so do you.

The number of new US millionaires fell following the financial crisis. At the end of 2011 there were just over 5.1m millionaires in the United States – 165,360 fewer than in 2007, before Obama's election and the worst of the financial crisis. The recent rise in stock markets and signs of a recovery in real estate mean the number of millionaires will be back to pre-recession levels by the end of 2012.

However, their wealth will remain below 2007 levels until the end of 2013. In 2007, high-net-worth individuals' total wealth was about $20tn; WealthInsight forecasts that at the end of 2012 the number will be fractionally lower, at $19.9tn

There Are A Million New Millionaires In The US Since Obama Took Office

Yeah, their mansions, their jets, their wives, their boozing and coke snorting, their ability to attend BBQs and Banquets and buy ever more influence over our Government.
Any examples of how MNC Directors suffered from a Depression?
And don't give me a list of 10 out of several hundred.

Yeah, their mansions, their jets, their wives, their boozing and coke snorting, their ability to attend BBQs and Banquets and buy ever more influence over our Government.

Their mansions and jets increase in value during a depression?

What's MNC?

What's MNC?
Multi-National Corporation.
I thought you worked on Wall Street?
When others lose what they have, those who retain what they have, and even expand on what they have, have acquired greater value compared to others.
Please provide me with a list of MNC Directors who didn't buy a new estate after a crash...you see, two can play at the vacuous bullshit question game.

What's MNC?
When others lose what they have, those who retain what they have, and even expand on what they have, have acquired greater value compared to others.
Please provide me with a list of MNC Directors who didn't buy a new estate after a crash...you see, two can play at the vacuous bullshit question game.

How did the bank bigwigs, for example, benefit when their stock positions tanked?

Wealthy people own a lot of stock. Did they benefit when the S&P dropped 50%?
Did they benefit when the stocks they owned cut their dividends?
Did that help them retain what they have?

What's MNC?

How did the bank bigwigs, for example, benefit when their stock positions tanked?

See my prior post.
If you can't figure out how Directors always retain the status quo, I suggest asking the nurses at the Nursing Home to put more Iron supplements into your farina.

What's MNC?

See my prior post.
If you can't figure out how Directors always retain the status quo, I suggest asking the nurses at the Nursing Home to put more Iron supplements into your farina.

I saw your prior post. Still waiting for an answer that makes sense.

Money wealth. Not stocks, not property but plain old money wealth.

Money wealth. Not stocks, not property but plain old money wealth.

Right, rich guys benefit when the interest paid on their cash goes down.
So what are they paying today? In a depression the money wealth gains more with lower prices. Does money lose value with inflation or deflation?

In a depression the money wealth gains more with lower prices.

Yeah, if you have a pile of cash, you can benefit from lower prices.
Most rich people don't have a large percentage of their wealth in cash.
They're leveraged, to buy assets. Assets that lose value in a depression.

What's MNC?

See my prior post.

You no longer get to bullshit on this forum.
If you have 100 like everyone else and then everyone else has 25, your 100 have become more valuable.
Not to mention that most Directors know what's going to happen months before it happens and so make contingencies to cash in on economic slumps.
You know, like how Warren Buffet made a fortune from the 2008 crash that he caused.

What's MNC?

See my prior post.

If you have 100 like everyone else and then everyone else has 25, your 100 have become more valuable.
Not to mention that most Directors know what's going to happen months before it happens and so make contingencies to cash in on economic slumps.
You know, like how Warren Buffet made a fortune from the 2008 crash that he caused.

What the fuck are you mumbling about now?

How'd that work out for Dick Fuld and Jimmy Cayne? Durr.

He's a liberal twat, but he didn't cause the 2008 crash.

See my prior post.

What the fuck are you mumbling about now?

How'd that work out for Dick Fuld and Jimmy Cayne? Durr.

He's a liberal twat, but he didn't cause the 2008 crash.

I KNEW you were going to mention Fuld...one of only SEVEN CEOs to pay for that they did.

Warren Buffet DID cause the crash.
I'll have to wait to talk to my friend from Goldman-Sachs about the details.

Forum List

Back