Economy adds 175,000 jobs

That is not true. There was actual spending cut that is unprecedented in over 60 years.

2012 spending = $3.537 trillion
2013 spending = $3.685 trillion

The OMB estimates the Federal government will spend $3.685 trillion by the end of FY 2013.
US Federal Government Budget FY 2013 Summary

Read it and weep.

Government spending is actually going down!

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

I bring you the numbers and you bring me a colored graph....numbers don't lie.....nor did I.
We have a decrease of the increase.....period.

The OMB estimates the Federal government will spend $3.685 trillion by the end of FY 2013.

Read it and weep.

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

I bring you the numbers and you bring me a colored graph....numbers don't lie.....nor did I.

It depends on what period of time you are measuring. But the fact is that spending has declined over the last 2 years & last quarter. It is correctly illustrated in the Federal Reserve chart.

fredgraph.png

Last edited:

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

It depends on what period of time you are measuring. But the fact is that spending has declined over several quarters. It is correctly illustrated in the Federal Reserve chart.

fredgraph.png

You just keep looking at those graphs and I will keep looking at the actual numbers, okay?

When you're talking about the "massive budget cuts", are you talking about the decrease in the increase of the budget?????????????
Because with your "massive budget cuts", we still are spending more than last year......tool.

That is not true. There was actual spending cut that is unprecedented in over 60 years.

Read it and weep.

Who the hell is getting that extra $149 trillion from last year and why?

You know, I'm tired of arguing symantics. If the report shows that a person died after a long illness, the left would crow about how wonderful it is that we're not throwing money down that rat hole anymore!

You hire thousands of low-wage, menial laborers, plus move people to part-time and then crow about how the economy is on a decided upswing. The only 'recovery' is in your mind. Your very own statistics show 7.5% unemployment. Even when Bill Clinton was President, anything above 5% was unacceptable (It's the economy stupid - Remember?). Given the way that they used to calculate unemployment and it's above 11%. The number of workers in the market is the lowest in 30 years because a lot of people have just given up looking (it's certainly NOT because there are less working age people in the country). Welfare, free phones, SSI and food stamps are a way of life now and the tax burden on the middle class is at 30% and rising. Small companies are looking for ways to blunt the effects of Obamacare and the most effective one is to lay off people until you get below 50 employees. More and more people are moving assets OUT OF THE COUNTRY and looking for ways to hide their money and naturally, it's a very good thing to you. 17 TRILLION in debt and climbing fast.

Yep, lets get all giddy about Barry's economy...

Read it and weep.

Like I said....the only reduction was a percentage of the increase. :eusa_shhh:

When you're talking about the "massive budget cuts", are you talking about the decrease in the increase of the budget?????????????
Because with your "massive budget cuts", we still are spending more than last year......tool.

False

A reduction of an increase is not a cut... the spending has INCREASED...

Oh look. I spent 1000 last year... I PLANNED on spending 1200 this year.. I will only spend 1120 this year instead.. I CUT THE BUDGET!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Read it and weep.

They furlough government workers and stuff and the tards still manage to spend an extra $149 trillion from last year. lol, what a joke.

Read it and weep.

I'll hazard a guess: ObamaCare Cronies.

They furlough government workers and stuff and the tards still manage to spend an extra $149 trillion from last year. lol, what a joke.

Obama was playing politics with that. He was crying that the sky was falling and made a point with the sequester by stopping the Whitehouse tours, furloughs, and closing aviation towers.
Yup, that is some leader (or lack thereof) we have the resides in the Whitehouse.

Meanwhile Canada with leadership as close as anyone gets to Conservative anymore generated about 50% more jobs, with about 10% the population. Mostly private sector jobs to boot.
Already doing better than anyone in the G8 and their best month since 2002!

Canadian job gains in May best since 2002 - Business - CBC News

Yes, I am jealous.

Conservative Universal Healthcare?

The current government never had anything to do with it, but given another majority they may try to bring back a private option.

This is better than recent reports, but less than half the net job creation we would have had in a Real Recovery.

180K+ are reentrants to the labor force (after having given up looking - the UI must be running out)...the jobs aren't enough to keep up with them and population growth.

Congress is holding back a real recovery

Absolutely.

Even with all the enormous spending the Bush administration did, their job creation record was pretty dismal compared to Obama's.

Guess the Bush stimulus for the rich..was a failure.

Obama was playing politics with that. He was crying that the sky was falling and made a point with the sequester by stopping the Whitehouse tours, furloughs, and closing aviation towers.
Yup, that is some leader (or lack thereof) we have the resides in the Whitehouse.

He's not a dictator or CEO.

If congress is refusing to do it's job and pass any of his legislation, then there's not much Obama can do.

You can't NOT implement programs then complain that NOTHING is happening.

Doesn't work that way.

It depends on what period of time you are measuring. But the fact is that spending has declined over several quarters. It is correctly illustrated in the Federal Reserve chart.

fredgraph.png

You just keep looking at those graphs and I will keep looking at the actual numbers, okay?

Stop with the lies. Partisan hacks are retarded.

2011 spending = $3.603 trillion

That was a decrease. 2013 is only projected. We came in under budget in 2011 & 2012 & will likely do it again in 2013.

Last edited:

Read it and weep.

What?

149 trillion?

Where do you get that amount?

He's not a dictator or CEO.

If congress is refusing to do it's job and pass any of his legislation, then there's not much Obama can do.

You can't NOT implement programs then complain that NOTHING is happening.

Doesn't work that way.

A competent President works with Congress, and negotiates in good faith.

Instead, Obama holds sessions where he flips off the GOP, questions their motives, and insults them. And then he uses the Fourth Branch of government to bypass Congress via regulations.

U.S. adds 175,000 jobs; jobless rate moves up

Employers added a better-than-expected 175,000 jobs in May, providing further evidence of a resilient labor market despite huge federal spending cuts and global economic turmoil.

The unemployment rate rose to 7.6% from 7.5%, the Labor Department said Friday, as 420,000 Americans, including previously discouraged workers who had given up job-hunting, joined the labor force. The labor force includes people working and looking for work.

Businesses added 178,000 jobs, while federal, state and local governments cut 3,000. Professional and business services, leisure and hospitality and retail led job gains.

You're very right...This is good as more people are finally entering the work force. :cool:

Forum List

Back