Election Deniers Are Still Shaping Arizona Politics

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
Two years ago, a group of election deniers ran for office in Arizona, with Kari Lake’s campaign for governor topping the ticket. When many of them lost, it seemed like a convincing rebuke of the conspiracy theory-steeped Republicans who wanted to control the levers of electoral power in 2024.

It turned out, though, that the small matter of losing was not going to keep election deniers out of the spotlight, nor away from key roles in the Arizona Republican Party and beyond.

And neither will an indictment, it seems.

Last week, an Arizona state grand jury charged 17 people with counts including conspiracy, fraud and forgery, alleging they made efforts to overturn former President Donald Trump’s narrow loss in the 2020 election that amounted to a crime. Eleven of the people charged cast fake electoral votes in support of Trump.

One of those defendants, State Senator Jake Hoffman, was on Saturday elected to serve as one of the two national committeemen from the state. That will make him a member of the Republican National Committee, representing Arizona, with the power to help shape the direction of the party.

Kari Lake wins Arizona's GOP Senate primary. She'll face Democratic Rep. Ruben Gallego

I submit there is a cancer in the former GOP when a denier of demonstrable truth is elected in a primary for a US Senate seat. There is only one way to cure it. trump losing this fall. It is the country's best hope to put the scourge of trumpery behind us and hopefully begin a healing process.

Two years ago, a group of election deniers ran for office in Arizona, with Kari Lake’s campaign for governor topping the ticket. When many of them lost, it seemed like a convincing rebuke of the conspiracy theory-steeped Republicans who wanted to control the levers of electoral power in 2024.

It turned out, though, that the small matter of losing was not going to keep election deniers out of the spotlight, nor away from key roles in the Arizona Republican Party and beyond.

Last week, an Arizona state grand jury charged 17 people with counts including conspiracy, fraud and forgery, alleging they made efforts to overturn former President Donald Trump’s narrow loss in the 2020 election that amounted to a crime. Eleven of the people charged cast fake electoral votes in support of Trump.

One of those defendants, State Senator Jake Hoffman, was on Saturday elected to serve as one of the two national committeemen from the state. That will make him a member of the Republican National Committee, representing Arizona, with the power to help shape the direction of the party.

Kari Lake wins Arizona's GOP Senate primary. She'll face Democratic Rep. Ruben Gallego

I submit there is a cancer in the former GOP when a denier of demonstrable truth is elected in a primary for a US Senate seat. There is only one way to cure it. trump losing this fall. It is the country's best hope to put the scourge of trumpery behind us and hopefully begin a healing process.
These people should really be in jail or picking litter. Thy should not be involved in politics.

I had not realized Lake won the primary.

I begin to suspect the MAGA are too stupid to learn from their mistakes.

I had not realized Lake won the primary.

I begin to suspect the MAGA are too stupid to learn from their mistakes.
They are steeped in the disinformation surrounding the Big Lie which affects everything they believe. Perhaps not too stupid, but too brainwashed.

I knew those bamboo ballots and secret Italian servers would catch up them.

Yah got em now! Kraken!

Lol, dupes. :auiqs.jpg:
It would be unfathomable to think a prez's chief of staff believed the Italian satellite nonsense if not for him being trump's chief of staff. That makes anything possible.

Forum List

Back