Election Interference: Here are the Four Colorado Justices Who Voted to Exclude Donald Trump from the 2024 Ballot

Because you are completely brainwashed?
Mixing brainwashing and betting may not be a great idea.
I think I’m right. You going to tell me you knew that Texas‘s weird little lawsuit after the 2020 election wouldnt go anywhere? I dare you. Tell me.

The 14th Amendment doesn't say anything at all about a person needing to be convicted of anything. They found that the President engaged in insurrection and that this bars him from holding office under section 3 of the 14th Amendment. They wrote a ruling over a hundred and twenty pages long defending that ruling. As I said, feel free to be a bitch about it. :dunno:
/----/ "They found that the President engaged in insurrection"
Based on what? Hearsay? Whining democRATs? The lying media?

What due process was lacking?
The CO Chief Justice said it was...

Samour wrote that the decision to bar Trump from the primary ballot "flies in the face of the due process doctrine." The litigation in the case, Samour continued, "fell woefully short of what due process demands."

Samour wrote that the decision to bar Trump from the primary ballot "flies in the face of the due process doctrine." The litigation in the case, Samour continued, "fell woefully short of what due process demands."
Doesn’t answer the question as to what due processes was lacking.

Do you just repeat what they said because it’s what you want to believe?

The 14th Amendment doesn't say anything at all about a person needing to be convicted of anything. They found that the President engaged in insurrection and that this bars him from holding office under section 3 of the 14th Amendment. They wrote a ruling over a hundred and twenty pages long defending that ruling. As I said, feel free to be a bitch about it. :dunno:
/-----/ The Colorado Court, however, erred by finding that the constitutional provision applies to a former president as someone who allegedly participated in a rebellion. It also mistakenly held that the 14th Amendment prohibits any former rebels from running for president. The Justices of the U.S. Supreme Court can follow the clear text, structure, and history of the U.S. Constitution, and find Trump eligible to be elected president.
The Colorado Supreme Court has clearly erred, however, in finding that this clause applied to former presidents. Section 3 lists that disqualification from future office will apply to anyone who had engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the United States who had been: a) "a member of Congress"; b) "an officer of the United States"; or c) a state official. The constitutional text, as interpreted by the Supreme Court, carefully distinguishes between "an officer of the United States" – which covers cabinet officers and those below them – and the president of the United States.

The examples where the Constitution distinguishes between the president and an "Officer of the United States" are legion. You need look only at the text of Section 3 itself. It bars insurrectionists from serving as "elector of President and Vice-President."

Full analysis here:
What Colorado's Supreme Court refuses to understand about Trump and the 14th Amendment

Their own judgement. That is the job. Feel free to cry about it.
/-----/ "Their own judgement. "
And they are wrong. But, you hang on to any glimmer of hope you have.
1703165907656.png

/----/ "They found that the President engaged in insurrection"
Based on what? Hearsay? Whining democRATs? The lying media?
based on him telling people to fight like hell or youre not gonna have a country any more, and the later the electoral count was suspended because the capitol had to be evacuated. And watched it on TV for 187 minutes before doing anything about it.

Everyone take a breath.
The court stayed its own order, primarily due to the fact that they know it is certainly going to be overturned.
Think of it as another infomercial.
This is a series of infomercials.
Nothing more - Democrats trying to sell an idea, that no one except the brainwashed are buying.

Nope. All perfectly legal. Whine.
Then how can Trump ever get his due process, hypocrite?

Y'all argue Trump hasn't gotten his due process or has not been convicted for an insurrection so the 14th section 3 can't be used....

And then you support trump avoiding and delaying in hopes of eliminating his due process trials....

That's as hypocritical as you can get.

Then how can Trump ever get his due process, hypocrite?

Y'all argue Trump hasn't gotten his due process or has not been convicted for an insurrection so the 14th section 3 can't be used....

And then you support trump avoiding and delaying in hopes of eliminating his due process trials....

That's as hypocritical as you can get.
Trump has the right to ask for a delay in his trials.

Forum List

Back