Election Interference: Here are the Four Colorado Justices Who Voted to Exclude Donald Trump from the 2024 Ballot

That’s the problem - it’s a matter of OPINION.

Individual state courts don’t remove eligible nominees they dislike because it is their OPINION he is guilty of insurrection. It’s ridiculous, and the more I think about it, the more I think that it’s possible the SCOTUS will overturn 9-0.

Otherwise, the Republican states can kick Biden off because it is their opinion he is guilty of treason.

And we no longer have the people choose the president, via elections.
The fourteenth amendment clearly states that eligibility to run hinges on not being an insurrectionist.

Every judgement is an opinion. Be it murder or eligibility. So the US has clearly stated who can make those opinions. We call them judges. It's both a job description and a title.

The fourteenth amendment clearly states that eligibility to run hinges on not being an insurrectionist.

Every judgement is an opinion. Be it murder or eligibility. So the US has clearly stated who can make those opinions. We call them judges. It's both a job description and a title.
So a state court can judge that Trump is a murderer, and keep him off the ballot that way?

Your bias against Trump, as with the case of so many on the left, has caused you to support ANY MEANS to keep him off the ballot.

According to you, every blue state can now “judge” to be an insurrectionist - even though an insurrection did not occur and he was not charged with it - and keep Trump from running for president.

And then, every red state can “judge” Biden to be a traitor due to his inviting in an invasion at the border, and keep HI! from running.

And then we no longer have the people elect the president, and America is destroyed.

No surprise. There are Republicans who hate Trump.

Still irrelevant, though, to the fact that a state court can’t violate the Constituion and declare someone they don’t like an insurrectionist to keep him off the ballotl
Well, we’ll see what SCOTUS says about that.

Considering that the Court is basically a right wing extension of the GOP, it’s likely they will overturn this

Judges do NOT get to make that call. Only Congress can do so.

Otherwise, what’s to stop the Courts in Wyoming, West Virginia, Oklahoma, etc., etc., from looking at the evidence and making the ruling that Biden is an insurrectionist by inviting an invasion of foreigners in and thus is ineligible to run?

That is the dumbest fucking argument. When did those foreigners violently attack government?

And the law states that Congress decides who is an insurrectionist. Not a biased Democrat state court.

It does no such thing. It provides Congress the power to give amnesty of the 14th Amendment's disqualification clause to an individual who is ineligible to hold public office because of that clause.

So you quoted me saying nothing? Yep, you are a lunatic. :auiqs.jpg:
No, you royal dumbfuck. I quoted you saying something.

face-palm-gif.278959

Well, this is interesting.

Turns out the lawsuit that opened the Colorado case was filed by six people: Two unaffiliated voters, four Republican voters.

Go figure.

The lead plaintiff, Anderson, 91, is a former state legislator who served as a Republican in Colorado's House of Representatives and state Senate.

"As Norma likes to say, she has been a Republican for longer than most of her lawyers have been alive," Sherman said.

Why do you find that interesting? There is no shortage of Republicans who hate Trump. You been in a coma since 2016?

Thanks for admitting the 14th Amendment doesn't require a conviction. Explains why some Confederates were denied public office without a trial for insurrection, just fir engaging in it or providing comfort or aid to those who did.
Let’s start from the beginning, lunatic: Quote me admitting what you just claimed i admitted. Try to find some actual words this time, vermin.

GO!

No. YOU called it a “trial.” Explain how it constituted a trial without the accused getting due process.
Ah, it appears you’re talking out your ass and just saying things without knowing why you believe it.

Trump had a trial. He had lawyers. He filed motions. He called witnesses. It was a trial.

Forum List

Back