Election Interference: Here are the Four Colorado Justices Who Voted to Exclude Donald Trump from the 2024 Ballot

Were those elected officials or appointed officials?
I rightly don't know. Neither is it really relevant to my argument. Your fear is that the precedent set will lead to abuse. I'm pointing out that the amendment has been on the books for quite a long time and hasn't been invoked until now in modern times.

If you want to make the argument that it technically applies only to this person and not to that person you are arguing something else entirely. Just to save you time this is my opinion on the ruling itself.

As my personal opinion, I think those judges are right. I also think SCOTUS is likely to overturn. Finding a way to interpret the text in another way than how it was set up. That's something I'm fine with. Because I'm uncomfortable with the notion of using a statute in the Constitution, put in in response to the Civil War to now prevent Trump from running. I have a problem with the amendment not the interpretation of those judges

I hope not because if that is true, or believed to be true, candidates up and down the line will be accused just to stop people from voting.
They can be accused all day. But a case would have to make it through court to be validated. Like with most everything else in our legal justice system

But like with the civil war and insurrection, like you said in the beginning. It’s all pretty obvious

That is the opinion of FindLaw, it's not a legal definition.

You are right though it doesn't have a specific definition neither has the word rebellion apparently. I guess it's one of those things that's simply understood without needed to be explained.

Except there’s no insurrectionist. There was never an insurrection.
That's a matter of opinion, I suppose? The 4 justices, reviewed all the live video from that day, and all of the evidence gathered from the 1/6 House investigation, and all of Trump's tweets prior to and including that day, and the Republican Congress critters plan for that day, and the FAKE elector scheme for that day, and the trump phone calls made to Raffensberger etc...and determined the preponderance of EVIDENCE documented, lead them to believe that there was a multi faceted, attempted insurrection or Rebellion, to illegally install the loser candidate, in to power.

Last edited:
The word president is not contained in that section 3. If you see it, please inform all of us.
It includes all who have taken an oath of office.

The judges reviewed the amendment section 3 and all the correspondence among the writers of the amendment from back in the 1860s and how the term 'officers' was used freely and artisicly to include the president and vice president at the time, and the writers intent for the amendment section, and determined it clearly included the president, in order to meet the writer's goal and intent for the amendment...

Of course it could be.
It includes all who have taken an oath of office.
But like with the civil war and insurrection, like you said in the beginning. It’s all pretty obvious
Well, this is interesting.

Turns out the lawsuit that opened the Colorado case was filed by six people: Two unaffiliated voters, four Republican voters.

Go figure.

The lead plaintiff, Anderson, 91, is a former state legislator who served as a Republican in Colorado's House of Representatives and state Senate.

"As Norma likes to say, she has been a Republican for longer than most of her lawyers have been alive," Sherman said.

Judges get to make that call, BackAgain , just as judges are making calls every day about whether someone is guilty or not guilty.

They looked at the evidence, which is abundant, and made a ruling based on the evidence, and based on the law.

Even a Shitty Lawyer should know this simple fact.
Judges do NOT get to make that call. Only Congress can do so.

Otherwise, what’s to stop the Courts in Wyoming, West Virginia, Oklahoma, etc., etc., from looking at the evidence and making the ruling that Biden is an insurrectionist by inviting an invasion of foreigners in and thus is ineligible to run?

Well, this is interesting.

Turns out the lawsuit that opened the Colorado case was filed by six people: Two unaffiliated voters, four Republican voters.

Go figure.

The lead plaintiff, Anderson, 91, is a former state legislator who served as a Republican in Colorado's House of Representatives and state Senate.

"As Norma likes to say, she has been a Republican for longer than most of her lawyers have been alive," Sherman said.

No surprise. There are Republicans who hate Trump.

Still irrelevant, though, to the fact that a state court can’t violate the Constituion and declare someone they don’t like an insurrectionist to keep him off the ballotl

Yes, there are quite a few Republicans who hate what he has done to their party.
And Democrats who hate what Biden has done to their country.

Still doesn’t mean a state court can proclaim Trump an insurrectionist and throw him off the ballot. You will just have to let the people decide, via a vote, whom they prefer as president.

You say you don’t know because you weren’t there but then you claim all these things about the justices… did you hear that stuff on right wing hate media? That’s pretty selective belief.

Aside from pretending to know the hearts and minds of judges we always have the law and the facts to rely on. Let’s just stick to discussing that stuff shall we?
And the law states that Congress decides who is an insurrectionist. Not a biased Democrat state court.

That's a matter of opinion, I suppose? The 4 justices, reviewed all the live video from that day, and all of the evidence gathered from the 1/6 House investigation, and all of Trump's tweets prior to and including that day, and the Republican Congress critters plan for that day, and the FAKE elector scheme for that day, and the trump phone calls made to Raffensberger etc...and determined the preponderance of EVIDENCE documented, lead them to believe that there was a multi faceted, attempted insurrection or Rebellion, to illegally install the loser candidate, in to power.

One could append, “….and the four judges were democrat appointees”.

That’s the problem - it’s a matter of OPINION.

Individual state courts don’t remove eligible nominees they dislike because it is their OPINION he is guilty of insurrection. It’s ridiculous, and the more I think about it, the more I think that it’s possible the SCOTUS will overturn 9-0.

Otherwise, the Republican states can kick Biden off because it is their opinion he is guilty of treason.

And we no longer have the people choose the president, via elections.

Can I ask. Does being politically active prevent a judge from actually arguing the law?

What about a personal dislike of the person they judge?

My point is this. Even IF you can establish that those judges are politically active, you still need to establish that they ruled because of bias.

As I understand it, all the judges in the Colorado Supreme Court are Democrats. All of them. Yet of those 7 only 4 decided that Trump was ineligible. Doesn't that mean that regardless of political affiliation at least some ruled for Trump? And if that's the case how do you determine that bias and not their reading of the law informed the decision of the other ones.

In my view the only way you do that is by going by the outcome. And if that's how you do it, the entire premise is unfalsifiable.
It’s impossible to PROVE someone voted because of bias, but that isn’t necessary here. All that’s necessary is that they voted in violation of the U.S. Constitution. And it’s obvious they did.

The only reason the SCOTUS isn’t ruling this down today, rather than a couple of weeks from now, is that it’s Christmas and New Year time, and they need a few days in there somewhere to write their opinions. If this happened during a non-holiday time, it would be knocked down almost immediately.

It’s impossible to PROVE someone voted because of bias, but that isn’t necessary here. All that’s necessary is that they voted in violation of the U.S. Constitution. And it’s obvious they did.

The only reason the SCOTUS isn’t ruling this down today, rather than a couple of weeks from now, is that it’s Christmas and New Year time, and they need a few days in there somewhere to write their opinions. If this happened during a non-holiday time, it would be knocked down almost immediately.
I see a lot of opinions in this post stated as assertions.

I don't know how SCOTUS will rule on this. As I stated before I suspect they will shoot it down. Having said that how the statute is written in my opinion Trump indeed commit an insurrection and the question truly only will be hanging on the interpretation of the word "officer."

However stating that it's obvious they voted in violation of the Constitution is nonsense.

Last edited:
I see a lot of opinions in this post stated as assertions.

I don't know how SCOTUS will rule on this. As I stated before I suspect they will shoot it down. Having said that how the statute is written in my opinion Trump indeed committed an insurrection and the question truly will be hanging on the interpretation of the word "officer."

However stating that it's obvious they voted in violation of the Constitution is nonsense.
How is it ridiculous? They voted on the grounds that Trump is an insurrectionist, when there was never an insurrection.

Forum List

Back