Elementary school shooting

Isn't pushing gun control based on fear?

No, it's based on pragmatism.

You don't need a fucking gun, and the cost of your lifestyle is too high for the rest of us to pay.
Gun control is not based on fear? if their is no fear why push for it?

Obviously, they didn't teach you the difference between fear and valid concern in Home Skule.

Hey, turns out old Adam was a Home Skule Valedictorian, just like you were.

Crazy people shouldn't have guns. If they can legally buy them, then they are too easy to get. If they can take them from their parents, they are too easy to get.

You don't need a fucking gun
Who the fuck are you to say what I do and don't need? I guess your religion is faith based in the government prayer line 911.
Do you know the police are not legally obligated to protect you?

Again, a gun in the house is 43 times more likely to kill someone in the house than someone trying to get in.

Proven. Fact.

What do gun laws have to do with protecting children from those who target them at school?

You really think this guy picked out this school because it was a "gun free zone"?

He picked it out because he had a history with it, dumbass.

Only in NRA bizarro world do you think the answer to too many guns is more guns.

show us one post that clamors for "more guns"

the world is waiting for your brilliant retort

Lol..the world is going to be waiting a looong time.

Ask bigrednec for his opinion then.

You don't need a fucking gun, and the cost of your lifestyle is too high for the rest of us to pay.

Obviously, they didn't teach you the difference between fear and valid concern in Home Skule.

Crazy people shouldn't have guns. If they can legally buy them, then they are too easy to get. If they can take them from their parents, they are too easy to get.

Who the fuck are you to say what I do and don't need? I guess your religion is faith based in the government prayer line 911.
Again, a gun in the house is 43 times more likely to kill someone in the house than someone trying to get in.

Proven. Fact.

Then link it, puke.

I'm not going to argue semantics with you.
She did everything that the NRA advises by purchasing suitable weapons for self defence, but she's still dead.
Oh, I know, she's only got herself to blame for not carrying them on her.

Would teachers be required to carry weapons at all times?
Should they penalised if they put them down for a moment?

I think they should be allowed to carry.

However, in almost all states schools are pistol free zones, and they are not allowed to carry. Aside from that they would probably get fired if they did.

Conn. has one of the most anti-gun ownership rights laws. It didn't help, did it?

The problem is that criminals don't care about pistol free zones. If anything, it attracts them to attack this target, because they know honest citizens are not allowed to carry firearms in this area.

Also, the firearms is useless if it's not accessible when you need it.

But, should they be required to carry, to keep the kids safe?

The gun lobby in the US seems unable to accept any discussion at all on gun laws.
Although I'm sure there are many people that would like to get rid of guns altogether, the sensible discussion is more nuanced than that.
Things like the appropriateness of assault weapons, automatics, open or concealed carry, handguns.
Where I come from, these sorts of weapons are allowed, but only to registered collectors.

No they should be allowed to required.

I think the gun lobby is more than happy to accept a discussion regarding giving honest citizens more of their gun rights.

Any weapon can be considered an assault weapon. Any weapon can be use to assault.

Automatics are illegal in Michigan without a special license.

My constitutional rights are not based on what you think I need.

No one needs the right to give any stupid opinion but they have a right to do so.

And what is wrong with a semi-automiatic firearm? You want only revolvers to be legal? That's rather rediculous.

Any yeah it is needed. Why? Because criminals will obtain them whether they are legal or not. They don't care about following laws.

However, if a criminal that is armed breaks into my house, I want to have my AR-15 to defend myself, not a Swiss Army Knife.

I am a gun collector myself.

I have a:

S&W Model 15 AR-15
Glock 19 9 mm
Glock 35 9 mm
Sig Sauer P220 .45
S&W M&Pc 9 mm
Kimber Pro Raptor II .45
A Colt Python .357
Two shotguns

Why? Because it's fun. I enjoy shooting. It's my hobby.

Also both my wife and my wife have a Concealed Pistol License, so we also use our firearms for self defense.

My goodness! What a cache! And both of your wives are prepared for action.....you are
my hero.

Are all of those firearms legally owned by you? How long have you had them?

Liar.

Feeling kind of sad, huh?

That's what really big fingers do to a man. All the blood that normally would flow to your brain has to be used up so you can pick your nose and scratch your balls.

26 victims in less than five minutes. Was that mass destruction?

A car can do the same, perhaps in less time, in the hands of someone intent on killing others in large numbers. What should we do about cars? Keep trying to impede the 2nd Amendment with more gun laws and I promise you that those whose desire is to kill many will use other means. If mental illness is in play anything is possible.

The 9/11 hijackers killed hundreds if not thousands of victims in seconds. Maybe we need plane control laws?

Yes they did. Afterwards were those asking that something be done vilified?

When planes crash, there is a HUGE effort to trace causes and come up with solutions.

There is not a concerted effort to say "Oh well, price of flying" and wholesale bashing of those who come up with concerns.
Still, vehicles and alcohol cause more deaths per year than guns.

Ban them both.

So you really couldn't answer her point, then?

Here's the thing. When we found out the threshold for DUI was too high, we lowered it. When the Ford Pinto was found to be the "Barbaque that seats four", there were actions taken against Ford to make them correct it. We've mandated seat belt laws and air bags and other things to make cars safer.

If we treated guns like cars - licensed, registered and insured before you could own one, we'd have a lot less tragedies like Friday's.

the firearms used were licensed and registered.

Do you think their "being insured" would have made a difference too?

What an idiot you are

Proven. Fact.

and there will be 100% chance that someone who attempts to confiscate my firearms will be killed

and I believe that our lawmakers and law enforcement personnel know that which is why there will be no radical changes in gun laws as you far left rabid mongrels suggest

Last edited:

Proven. Fact.

Covering your ass with the double talk must really be exhausting. Gun control is based on fear.

Who is saying crazy people should be allowed guns? Crazy people cannot buy any firearms and you need to stop saying they can it does nothing to promote your view but makes you into a liar.

The study by Arthur Kellermann from which that statistic is pulled doesn't say that. The number includes suicides. The study doesn't take into account defensive uses in which a shot was not fired (99% of the uses), and it doesn't reflect intruders avoiding homes with firearms inside.

Proven. Fact.
To the bolded: Citation, please. (And a picture of your ass won't do.)

My goodness! What a cache! And both of your wives are prepared for action.....you are
my hero.

Are all of those firearms legally owned by you? How long have you had them?

Liar.

Feeling kind of sad, huh?

That's what really big fingers do to a man. All the blood that normally would flow to your brain has to be used up so you can pick your nose and scratch your balls.

Still waiting on that lie you think I said, LIAR.

[

Then link it, puke.

I've linked to teh Kellerman study a bunch of times.

And even though it's validity has been verified by the CDC, the gun nutters will still go out there and claim, "THAT'S NOT TRUE" :blowup:

Kellerman study if proven fact. A gun in the house is 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household than an intruder.

Arthur Kellermann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In his first publication on the subject, in 1986, Kellermann studied all gunshot related deaths in Seattle over six years, and found that
54% of firearm-related deaths occurred in the home where the gun was kept
70.5% of these (firearm-related deaths in the home where the gun was kept) involved handguns
0.5% of these (firearm-related deaths in the home where the gun was kept) involved an intruder shot while attempting entry
1.8% of these (firearm-related deaths in the home where the gun was kept) were judged by police as self-defense
there were 1.3 times as many accidental firearm-related deaths in the home where the gun was kept as self-protection shootings
there were 4.6 times as many criminal firearm-related homicides in the home where the gun was kept as self-protection shootings
there were 37 times as many suicides in the home where the gun was kept as self-protection shootings.

[

Then link it, puke.

And even though it's validity has been verified by the CDC, the gun nutters will still go out there and claim, "THAT'S NOT TRUE" :blowup:

Kellerman study if proven fact. A gun in the house is 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household than an intruder.

In his first publication on the subject, in 1986, Kellermann studied all gunshot related deaths in Seattle over six years, and found that
70.5% of these (firearm-related deaths in the home where the gun was kept) involved handguns
0.5% of these (firearm-related deaths in the home where the gun was kept) involved an intruder shot while attempting entry
1.8% of these (firearm-related deaths in the home where the gun was kept) were judged by police as self-defense
there were 1.3 times as many accidental firearm-related deaths in the home where the gun was kept as self-protection shootings
there were 4.6 times as many criminal firearm-related homicides in the home where the gun was kept as self-protection shootings
there were 37 times as many suicides in the home where the gun was kept as self-protection shootings.

The actual study by Arthur Kellermann from which that statistic is pulled doesn't say that. The number includes suicides. The study doesn't take into account defensive uses in which a shot was not fired (99% of the uses), and it doesn't reflect intruders avoiding homes with firearms inside.

[

The study by Arthur Kellermann from which that statistic is pulled doesn't say that. The number includes suicides. The study doesn't take into account defensive uses in which a shot was not fired (99% of the uses), and it doesn't reflect intruders avoiding homes with firearms inside.

No, and it doesn't include cases where the Hillbilly redneck father terrorized his family by threatening to shoot the family dog, either.

Kellerman found that for every INTRUDER killed, 43 HOUSEHOLD members were.

Which is pretty much good enough for me. The suicides are just as dead as the spouse who gets shot in an argument over who got the last sausage link.

Both of which are far more likely to happen than plugging a bad guy.

Who is saying crazy people should be allowed guns? Crazy people cannot buy any firearms and you need to stop saying they can it does nothing to promote your view but makes you into a liar.

Loughner, Holmes and Cho. All crazy. Able to buy guns with little difficulty.

And until you offer a way to keep them from buying guns, you condone their ability to do so.

[

Then link it, puke.

The actual study by Arthur Kellermann from which that statistic is pulled doesn't say that. The number includes suicides. The study doesn't take into account defensive uses in which a shot was not fired (99% of the uses), and it doesn't reflect intruders avoiding homes with firearms inside.

I know that's the talking point. "No fair counting suicides!!!!"

It's bullshit. A gun in the house makes it a lot easier to kill yourself. In fact, the ONLY two gun fatalities I know of personally were sucides.

Isn't fear the preferred tactic of the NRA every election? I live in a very pro-gun area and every four years I'm told by NRA advertisement that Democrats want to take away our guns.

Look, we're never going to be able to take away crazy. We can't ever take away violent impulses. But we have to do something to take "mass" out of "mass shooting".

The tool used to accomplish mass shooting is the high capacity magazine and the semi and fully automatic firing system. The second amendment clearly states the need for a well regulated militia. That doesn't mean forty guys dressed in camouflage re-enacting scenes from their favorite action movies or a batch of paranoid reactionaries who believe that the federal government is their darkest adversary. It means a well regulated militia. It means placing the weapons that make mass shootings possible unavailable to the general public and in control of the well regulated militias.

No gun enthusiasts rights will be infringed. Guns for sport and personal defense aren't the problem. But the guns that tear up city streets, our schools and our public places with fusillade after fusillade of bullets ARE the problem. These weapons are living up to the reason they were designed: to kill as many people as quickly as possible. They are not used legitimately for any other purpose and deserve to be banned from our society.

You forget the other NRA tactic of blaming the victims for not being armed themselves.

link?

Does the name Russell Pearce ring any bells?
Russell Pearce Blames Victims for Dark Knight Massacre (w/Update) - Phoenix - News - Feathered Bastard

[

No, and it doesn't include cases where the Hillbilly redneck father terrorized his family by threatening to shoot the family dog, either.

Kellerman found that for every INTRUDER killed, 43 HOUSEHOLD members were.

Which is pretty much good enough for me. The suicides are just as dead as the spouse who gets shot in an argument over who got the last sausage link.

Both of which are far more likely to happen than plugging a bad guy.

Loughner, Holmes and Cho. All crazy. Able to buy guns with little difficulty.

And until you offer a way to keep them from buying guns, you condone their ability to do so.

What you like to repeatedly quote and use "wiki" as a source
Handguns are 43 times more likely to kill a member of your own family than an intruder."
Is not found in the actual study \ so stop fucking lying.

Forum List

Back