Elementary school shooting

Isn't pushing gun control based on fear?
Isn't fear the preferred tactic of the NRA every election? I live in a very pro-gun area and every four years I'm told by NRA advertisement that Democrats want to take away our guns.

Look, we're never going to be able to take away crazy. We can't ever take away violent impulses. But we have to do something to take "mass" out of "mass shooting".

The tool used to accomplish mass shooting is the high capacity magazine and the semi and fully automatic firing system. The second amendment clearly states the need for a well regulated militia. That doesn't mean forty guys dressed in camouflage re-enacting scenes from their favorite action movies or a batch of paranoid reactionaries who believe that the federal government is their darkest adversary. It means a well regulated militia. It means placing the weapons that make mass shootings unavailable to the general public and in control of the well regulated militias.

No gun enthusiasts rights will be infringed. Guns for sport and personal defense aren't the problem. But the guns that tear up city streets, our schools and our public places with fusillade after fusillade of bullets ARE the problem. These weapons are living up to the reason they were designed: to kill as many people as quickly as possible. They are not used legitimately for any other purpose and deserve to be banned from our society.

No gun enthusiasts rights will be infringed. Guns for sport and personal defense aren't the problem.
Your position is flawed since you do not understand the concept and reason for the second amendment.
It has never been about hunting or home defense against a thief. It is for the protection of the people against a tyrannical government. You want Americans to hand over the tool that would help fight against that?
Your potential revolution is costing us the lives of innocents. You and others like you who believe your arsenal can hold back the force to weaponry arrayed against it by the US Army are living in a fool's paradise. We need to address the problem before us: mass shootings. Not the paranoiac musings of reactionary minds.

I have caught you in a lie.

That is partly why I am pushing you on this point. You have yet to even attempt to convince me that you were a cop. I am here waiting to issue an apology. All you have to do is say something that makes me believe that you were once a cop.

It shouldn't be too hard.

No you have not you lying sack of shit.
So I guess I have caught you in a lie.

Sure I have. A silly little one. Don't you remember? Do I need to remind you?
Prove it.It hard to prove something when it didn't happen

Last edited:
Sweet like sugar.

Yes that would be wrong of you. I am not focused on gun regs. I am focused on getting the discussion moving toward a place where solutions can be reached. Are you? You seem very focused on gun rights.

I'm not proposing laws. I'm proposing that we consider the matter fully. Can you see the difference. Others have suggested possible regulations. I'm open to considering all of them.

I'll bet when you read "consider" you think " accept". But that is a you problem.

Tell me what you want done. Is that simple enough of a question to ask you? I have read your posts and you seem to be here, there and everywhere. You mention concessions. Tell me more. You have the floor. You are the boss. What should we do boss to prevent mass killings?

My goodness. A demand for a plan! Whatever shall I do? I think this really sweet cookie wants to catch me contradicting myself.....and thinks I will surely do so if I accept her sugary challenge.

Shall I discuss my ideal society? Or shall I consider the realities of our American society? Surely, if I choose one, she will reply to the other! Worry....worry...worry!

Listen here, miss.

I am a gun owner and have been one all my life. I am someone who has never fired a gun at another human being, but who thinks he could if the threat was clear. I like having my gun in my home. It is a little ol' thing...but it shoots real bullets and I can shoot straight. I don't anticipate ever having to give it up.

Now....I cannot imagine ever needing a weapon that can mow down a half dozen humans in a few seconds. I'm thinking that we could do something about those kinds of guns. You know....make it really hard to get one and even harder to get ammunition for one.
I'm not too confident that you and BigReb and Matthew, with your full arsenal, could hold off the US Military if they went nuts and decided to turn their weapons on the citizens. I'd probably live longer than you in that situation.

As I have said.....our system of government is based on the will of the people. And the will of the people is that we shall have the right to own guns. But I think that there is an appetite for a real discussion about what types of guns are necessary to meet the will of the people. I am advocating that we have that discussion. Being silly and equating bullets aimed and fired with car accidents and plane crashes......and an attempt to avoid having the discussion.....gets us nowhere fast. As we have seen in this thread.

Along with that discussion..........there is a need to discuss other causes of the increase in these types of slaughters. The guns need a finger. The finger is operated by a brain that has problems. Those problems were caused by something.

let me know if you want that ideal society plan too. My ideal society kicks ass!

Ruffled feathers noted. You talk in broad terms but go weak when asked to commit to anything with details. I honestly don't care but if you are going to claim to want change and concession then perhaps some details to what you are wanting to see happen would help aid the discussion here.

So which weapons would you like regulations or changes put on?

Assault weapons and cars can do the same thing in the hands of crazy people even if you do think that premise is silly.

Sweet like sugar.

Yes that would be wrong of you. I am not focused on gun regs. I am focused on getting the discussion moving toward a place where solutions can be reached. Are you? You seem very focused on gun rights.

I'm not proposing laws. I'm proposing that we consider the matter fully. Can you see the difference. Others have suggested possible regulations. I'm open to considering all of them.

I'll bet when you read "consider" you think " accept". But that is a you problem.

Tell me what you want done. Is that simple enough of a question to ask you? I have read your posts and you seem to be here, there and everywhere. You mention concessions. Tell me more. You have the floor. You are the boss. What should we do boss to prevent mass killings?

My goodness. A demand for a plan! Whatever shall I do? I think this really sweet cookie wants to catch me contradicting myself.....and thinks I will surely do so if I accept her sugary challenge.

Shall I discuss my ideal society? Or shall I consider the realities of our American society? Surely, if I choose one, she will reply to the other! Worry....worry...worry!

Listen here, miss.

I am a gun owner and have been one all my life. I am someone who has never fired a gun at another human being, but who thinks he could if the threat was clear. I like having my gun in my home. It is a little ol' thing...but it shoots real bullets and I can shoot straight. I don't anticipate ever having to give it up.

Now....I cannot imagine ever needing a weapon that can mow down a half dozen humans in a few seconds. I'm thinking that we could do something about those kinds of guns. You know....make it really hard to get one and even harder to get ammunition for one.
I'm not too confident that you and BigReb and Matthew, with your full arsenal, could hold off the US Military if they went nuts and decided to turn their weapons on the citizens. I'd probably live longer than you in that situation.

As I have said.....our system of government is based on the will of the people. And the will of the people is that we shall have the right to own guns. But I think that there is an appetite for a real discussion about what types of guns are necessary to meet the will of the people. I am advocating that we have that discussion. Being silly and equating bullets aimed and fired with car accidents and plane crashes......and an attempt to avoid having the discussion.....gets us nowhere fast. As we have seen in this thread.

Along with that discussion..........there is a need to discuss other causes of the increase in these types of slaughters. The guns need a finger. The finger is operated by a brain that has problems. Those problems were caused by something.

let me know if you want that ideal society plan too. My ideal society kicks ass!

You think a person has the right to self defense unless he is attacked by 6 people at once.

I have to admit I stopped reading your post at that point.

If there were people at the school who were armed they may have stopped the shooter.

Guess what? It is a pistol free zone, however, the psycho didn't care,

It only stoped law abiding people who could make a difference.

If there were people at the school who were armed they may have stopped the shooter.

His mother was armed, and she's dead.

The way to put out a fire is not adding gasoline. More guns aren't the answer. Eliminating the one tool that makes "Mass Shootings" "Mass" is the answer.

Ban weapons designed for military and law enforcement use to the general public. No one "needs" a semi or fully automatic firing system. No one "needs" a high capacity magazine. In fact, before such horrid weapons were made cheaply and in great quantities, there was no such thing as a "Mass Shooting".

No, the way to stop gun violence isn't adding more guns, it's subtracting them.

Listen here, miss.

You think a person has the right to self defense unless he is attacked by 6 people at once.

You think I said that?

You sure do take license.

Listen here, miss.

When he started getting prickly and personal with me and behaving as if he knows me by stereotyping me and lumping me into some group of posters here I realized I wasted my time. He's a lightweight with no real argument just an agenda he refuses to comment on in detail.

Isn't fear the preferred tactic of the NRA every election? I live in a very pro-gun area and every four years I'm told by NRA advertisement that Democrats want to take away our guns.

Look, we're never going to be able to take away crazy. We can't ever take away violent impulses. But we have to do something to take "mass" out of "mass shooting".

The tool used to accomplish mass shooting is the high capacity magazine and the semi and fully automatic firing system. The second amendment clearly states the need for a well regulated militia. That doesn't mean forty guys dressed in camouflage re-enacting scenes from their favorite action movies or a batch of paranoid reactionaries who believe that the federal government is their darkest adversary. It means a well regulated militia. It means placing the weapons that make mass shootings unavailable to the general public and in control of the well regulated militias.

No gun enthusiasts rights will be infringed. Guns for sport and personal defense aren't the problem. But the guns that tear up city streets, our schools and our public places with fusillade after fusillade of bullets ARE the problem. These weapons are living up to the reason they were designed: to kill as many people as quickly as possible. They are not used legitimately for any other purpose and deserve to be banned from our society.

No gun enthusiasts rights will be infringed. Guns for sport and personal defense aren't the problem.
Your position is flawed since you do not understand the concept and reason for the second amendment.
It has never been about hunting or home defense against a thief. It is for the protection of the people against a tyrannical government. You want Americans to hand over the tool that would help fight against that?
Your potential revolution is costing us the lives of innocents. You and others like you who believe your arsenal can hold back the force to weaponry arrayed against it by the US Army are living in a fool's paradise. We need to address the problem before us: mass shootings. Not the paranoiac musings of reactionary minds.
And your argument is flawed who said the army would violate there oath against the Constitution?

Listen here, miss.

When he started getting prickly and personal with me and behaving as if he knows me by stereotyping me and lumping me into some group of posters here I realized I wasted my time. He's a lightweight with no real argument just an agenda he refuses to comment on in detail.

Oh no! YOU think I am a lightweight! This might be the end.

What is my agenda, genius?

• Thanks
Reactions: idb

Oh no! YOU think I am a lightweight! This might be the end.

What is my agenda, genius?

I tried to discuss this issue respectfully with you in numerous posts and you danced around every question and then when cornered got personal. Honestly you are boring me now and there are too many other posters here to discuss this topic with to waste my time with childish crap. Besides I have to leave now anyhow. :badgrin: Enjoy your evening boss.

How do you know she was carrying at the time her son shot her?

How do you know she was carrying at the time her son shot her?

I never claimed that, and I don't know.

The way to put out a fire is not adding gasoline. More guns aren't the answer. Eliminating the one tool that makes "Mass Shootings" "Mass" is the answer.

Ban weapons designed for military and law enforcement use to the general public. No one "needs" a semi or fully automatic firing system. No one "needs" a high capacity magazine. In fact, before such horrid weapons were made cheaply and in great quantities, there was no such thing as a "Mass Shooting".

No, the way to stop gun violence isn't adding more guns, it's subtracting them.

My constitutional rights are not based on what you think I need.

No one needs the right to give any stupid opinion but they have a right to do so.

And what is wrong with a semi-automiatic firearm? You want only revolvers to be legal? That's rather rediculous.

Any yeah it is needed. Why? Because criminals will obtain them whether they are legal or not. They don't care about following laws.

However, if a criminal that is armed breaks into my house, I want to have my AR-15 to defend myself, not a Swiss Army Knife.

I am a gun collector myself.

I have a:

S&W Model 15 AR-15
Glock 19 9 mm
Glock 35 9 mm
Sig Sauer P220 .45
S&W M&Pc 9 mm
Kimber Pro Raptor II .45
A Colt Python .357
Two shotguns

Why? Because it's fun. I enjoy shooting. It's my hobby.

Also both my wife and my wife have a Concealed Pistol License, so we also use our firearms for self defense.

How many criminals do you think will allow the firearms they have to be licensed, registered and insured
How many gang banger will march in lock step to have this done?

Most gun deaths are suicides and domestic arguments and accidents. That hoarde of criminals you think are out there being not white with intent isn't actually out there anywhere.

You've bought into an industry based on fear...

Isn't pushing gun control based on fear?

No, it's based on pragmatism.

You don't need a fucking gun, and the cost of your lifestyle is too high for the rest of us to pay.

Forum List

Back