Eliminate all poverty!

I don't care if you call me a communist! I like my modern Western lifestyle! It is a lifestyle I wish the impoverished peoples of the world could experience.
I want all places to be like this!
Not this
Sounds good. So write the check to pay for all those shiny new buildings. Then you'll get what you want. Problem solved.

So how do you people justify poverty?
What makes you think "We people" justify it? Or need to? Or can?

I don't like poverty. (You had to be told this?) So I work my *ss off, and make sure my family and I don't have to suffer it.

But I see you're still complaining.

The usual dreamy wishful thinking from someone who hasn't bothered trying to figure out any solutions.

I love the Western lifestyle so much I want to allow every human to experience it. I believe this lifestyle will lead to a more peaceful world. I look down on Ghetto culture.
the solution to poverty is capitalism. China just tried it and eliminated 40% of the worlds poverty!! Do you understand?
He's not interested in understanding, much less solving the problem. He's just interested in complaining.

I love the Western lifestyle so much I want to allow every human to experience it. I believe this lifestyle will lead to a more peaceful world. I look down on Ghetto culture.
the solution to poverty is capitalism. China just tried it and eliminated 40% of the worlds poverty!! Do you understand?
He's not interested in understanding, much less solving the problem. He's just interested in complaining.

well at least he knows better now!

I don't care if you call me a communist! I like my modern Western lifestyle! It is a lifestyle I wish the impoverished peoples of the world could experience.
Not this
Sounds good. So write the check to pay for all those shiny new buildings. Then you'll get what you want. Problem solved.

So how do you people justify poverty?
What makes you think "We people" justify it? Or need to? Or can?

I don't like poverty. (You had to be told this?) So I work my *ss off, and make sure my family and I don't have to suffer it.

But I see you're still complaining.

The usual dreamy wishful thinking from someone who hasn't bothered trying to figure out any solutions.
It is easy to escape poverty.

Do not become a single teen mom.
Do not become a teen with a felony conviction.
Do not surrender your life to drugs and alcohol.
Take advantage of free education, and earn scholarships and grants to college.
Not the college type, learn to show up to work on time, properly dressed, and with a good attitude.
Serve your country in the military along the way.

It has worked for some of the poorest people I have ever known.

My heart swells with pride when I run into a successful, happy, formerly poor student.

cross_fate_city_concept_by_adimono-d3rdiy0.jpg

Not this
favela-1.jpg

So how do you people justify poverty? If more people were enjoying the Western lifestyle there would be less violence.

That's like asking how we justify psoriasis. Why should anyone have to justify a fact of nature?

That does not solve poverty. Capitalism was never meant to solve poverty. That is like trying to solve lazyness. Simply not possible.

Capitalism simply solves being FORCED into poverty. Refuse to learn and understand how capitalism and assets work and you will be poor - nothing anyone can do about that. Capitalism gives you choice about the matter.

We would all like poverty to cease to exist but that ideal will never happen as long as resources are limited and those that want them are not.

Not this
favela-1.jpg

So how do you people justify poverty? If more people were enjoying the Western lifestyle there would be less violence.

All citscapes look like that if you're miles away. Zoom in close and you'll see exactly what you see in the second pic - poverty. So long as capitalism is how the world works, there's gonna be gut-wrenching poverty. Poverty is the inescapable result of capitalism.

Religion is a huge factor in that it teaches respect for the individual. This means his wishs as a consumer, producer and tax payer are respected. This is the moral or religious foundation of capitalism.

And yet a look at a list of the poorest countries on earth shows largely Christian countries. Why is that?

Factors causing poverty:

- corruption and the lack of an independent judiciary
- lack of education
- lack of healthcare
- lack of resources
- lack of political choice

What we should be doing is supporting the introduction of these concepts in societies that currently lack them, and ensuring that they are introduced in a way that makes sense in local cultural terms.

If the West ever took the elimination of poverty seriously, it could be reduced by half within five - ten years. However, the West prefers to spend money on defence, for some reason.

Reduce poverty, and there would be less need for defence.

Not this
favela-1.jpg

All citscapes look like that if you're miles away. Zoom in close and you'll see exactly what you see in the second pic - poverty. So long as capitalism is how the world works, there's gonna be gut-wrenching poverty. Poverty is the inescapable result of capitalism.
China embraced capitalism, and eliminated 40% of the world's poverty right there in their own country.

Factors causing poverty:

- lack of education
- lack of healthcare
- lack of resources

What we should be doing is supporting the introduction of these concepts in societies that currently lack them, and ensuring that they are introduced in a way that makes sense in local cultural terms.

If the West ever took the elimination of poverty seriously, it could be reduced by half within five - ten years. However, the West prefers to spend money on defence, for some reason.

Factors you list are all found in abundance in the US, but we have poverty. Well, relative to us.

Not this
favela-1.jpg

China embraced capitalism, and eliminated 40% of the world's poverty right there in their own country.

According to whom?

Factors causing poverty:

- lack of education
- lack of healthcare
- lack of resources

Factors you list are all found in abundance in the US, but we have poverty. Well, relative to us.

There you go, relative to US!!!

You are can be "poor" here, have your food bought by others, your rent paid by others, your healthcare paid by others, your phone and the bill paid by others, and have cash left for Jordans and tattoos.

And, if you are "poor" here, chances are you are also morbidly obese.

Not this
favela-1.jpg

According to whom?

Wuff Blitzah.

Not this
favela-1.jpg

As I already explain, poverty is the normal condition of humanity. Capitalism has raised billions of people out of poverty. The fact that it hasn't managed to raise everyone from poverty is not the fault of capitalism. It's the fault of those who obstruct capitalism. What this world needs is more capitalism.

Forum List

Back