Eliminate Minimum Wage

You people are fucking idiots. Getting rid of OSHA would be as dumb as getting rid of the FDA.

"Fuck workplace safety! Fuck food safety!"

Getting rid of the FDA would be like getting rid of all of our Fire services, or our police services. The things that protect us, and make our lives better than those of third world countries, by not having to worry that the next canned good we open will kill us, or that we're consuming falsely advertised ingredients, which may be unhealthy for us but we think it's healthy.

Where did i say get rid of OSHA?

I said half of the shit they want done is fucking stupid bullshit.

You obviously never had to make a business OSHA compliant.

Am I fucking TALKING about you, then, if you didn't say that?

Well Fuck Nut since you didn't quote anyone in that post and mine was the closest above post that mentioned OSHA.....

Of course they don't have the FDA, you fucking clod. They have equivalents, however.

Chile doesn't. Hong Kong doesn't as well. It does have a regulatory body which licenses Pharmaceutical companies, but that's about it.

And Switzerland might not as well, but I could be wrong about them.

Who said everyone has them? They're beneficial for a society.

A World Without the FDA : The Freeman : Foundation for Economic Education

As I stood there peering at labels, it occurred to me that there probably was not a Chilean equivalent of the Food and Drug Administration. I remembered the time my father had surgery overseas. His post-operative condition was an emotional roller coaster: he found out later that he had been given cocaine as an anesthetic.

And Switzerland has the FOPH.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE FUCKING THINKING THAT FOOD SAFETY IS A BAD THING?

Do you really think Food Safety should be self regulated within the industry? That'd be a fucking disaster. It needs to be an organization with AUTHORITY to enforce.

Last edited:
Who said everyone has them? They're beneficial for a society.

No one said everyone has them. I'm citing you examples of prospering, wealthy nations which are healthier than the US, which does not have regulatory authorities. It's merely to show that a society without these burdens is possible.

A World Without the FDA : The Freeman : Foundation for Economic Education

As I stood there peering at labels, it occurred to me that there probably was not a Chilean equivalent of the Food and Drug Administration. I remembered the time my father had surgery overseas. His post-operative condition was an emotional roller coaster: he found out later that he had been given cocaine as an anesthetic.

What am I suppose to be seeing here?

And Switzerland has the FOPH.

That's nice.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE FUCKING THINKING THAT FOOD SAFETY IS A BAD THING?

No one said it was a bad thing. That's just a strawman or preconceived notion you drummed up.

Do you really think Food Safety should be self regulated within the industry? That'd be a fucking disaster.

It already is in certain areas. Any item with a Trader Joe seal on it promises to have no artificial flavours, No artificial colours, no preservatives, no MSGs or GMOs. It does this without any government regulation from the FDA. It does this because the market demands it. The alternative would be losing it's business to a competitor which does meet this standard. Contrary the popular belief, the best way to get repeat business is not by poisoning your customers.

It needs to be an organization with AUTHORITY to enforce.

It already is, and it's a disaster. Ultimately, an authoritative hierarchy is self defeating. Have you ever wondered why drugs and consumables are ever recalled in the marketplace? Why do you think this happens?

Also, do you have any idea how many life saving drugs the FDA keeps from the marketplace? When I was s junior broker, I remember investing in a biotech company which actually had the cure for Alzheimer. It worked in every drug trial and had no side effects. However, the FDA was not convinced and found our trials inconclusive. The FDA blocked this drug at every step of the way, until eventually the company went bankrupt and was forced to stop the drug trials.

Last edited:
No one said it was a bad thing. That's just a strawman or preconceived notion you drummed up.

Sorry, but it is not a strawman. Conservatives are always saying how federal food regulations are a hinderance, and despise the FDA for it.

Sorry, but it is not a strawman. Conservatives are always saying how federal food regulations are a hinderance, and despise the FDA for it.

And it's a hindrance [sic?] because it fails to keep harmful drugs from the marketplace, despite being it's only role to prevent harmful drugs from entering the marketplace. Also because it prevents drugs from entering which have been proven effect. Whether the drugs are developed in America or Overseas. Two points you have ignored or chosen not to address.

Saying Federal Food Regulations are a hindrance is different from claiming that people believe food safety is a bad thing. You should get into the habit of addressing what people are actually saying. Not what you'd like for them to say.

Last edited:
I earn $16.75 an hour at McDonalds. I bet you hate the fact that I earn a decent wage, you probably think I deserve nothing more than a dollar an hour.
Your bragging that you earn $16.75 an hour at McDonalds, Hell Walmart workers in some Nouth Dakota stores make more.
A Boomtown Is Born in North Dakota - WSJ.com

^^^^ and thats what happens when you have a 1% unemployment rate. We need to get rid of the minimum wage.

Please quote any conservatives doing that. You can't.

It is a strawman. Just like every other gov't program.
So if a conservative is against the Dept of Education, the liberal screams conservatives are against educaiton.
If a conservative is against the Dept of Agriculture, the liberal screams conservatives are against agriculture.
If a conservative is against the Dept of Energy the liberal screams conservatives are against energy.

Get the drift?

The truth is that no one is against education, agriculture, or energy. We are against big gov't departments that have a decades old demonstrated failure to produce better results in any of those areas, at great cost to tax payers.

Please quote any conservatives doing that. You can't.

It is a strawman. Just like every other gov't program.
So if a conservative is against the Dept of Education, the liberal screams conservatives are against educaiton.
If a conservative is against the Dept of Agriculture, the liberal screams conservatives are against agriculture.
If a conservative is against the Dept of Energy the liberal screams conservatives are against energy.

Get the drift?

The truth is that no one is against education, agriculture, or energy. We are against big gov't departments that have a decades old demonstrated failure to produce better results in any of those areas, at great cost to tax payers.

Yea no kidding, we are not against them just wish they could do their fricking job that we pay them to do. But they are so incompetent its pathetic.

No, the FDA is despised for driving up the prices of medications and medical devices with their needlessly arduous approval process, simultaneously creating hundreds (thousands?) of orphan drugs, refusing to take any responsibility when their "approved" drugs end up killing people, and basically acting as a defacto protection racket for BigPharm.

You just hit the straw man daily double. :lol:

Hey liberals,

what's wrong with a $50 minimum wage?

It's $400.00 too little

What job skills do you have that would be worth $450/hr to an employer?
That's a serious question, btw. Because if you dont then you'll be unemployed and getting gov't cheese the rest of your life. Which you probably do already.

What skills I have has nothing to do with it. The fact is if wages had increased at the same rate as corporate profits the MW today would be $450.00 an hour

Why? You think flipping burgers for $16.75 an hour is being overpaid? Try $450.00 an hour.

The market determines what is overpaid. Not you, me, nor anyone else. If the market believes that $16.75 or $450 as you suggest is too expensive for the minimum wage, then those minimum wage jobs will simply disappear.

But if you think $7.25/hr or $16.75 an hour is too low of a wage, why don't you take out a huge business loan, start a business, hire some employees and pay them $450/hr and see how far you get...

Speaking of being overpaid can you name me one CEO that you would say is overpaid? They make up to tens and hundreds of millions of dollars so it should be easy.

There are many ways CEO are compensated, and only 20% of CEO compensation is salary based. They are also paid through option grants, deferred compensation, LTIPs, Retirement Packages, etc etc. Once again, it's not up to me, you nor anyone else to determine whether or not CEOs (or anyone else) is overpaid.

No, it's not the market declaring that working people are overpaid. That's coming from the rightwing

It's $400.00 too little

What job skills do you have that would be worth $450/hr to an employer?
That's a serious question, btw. Because if you dont then you'll be unemployed and getting gov't cheese the rest of your life. Which you probably do already.

What skills I have has nothing to do with it. The fact is if wages had increased at the same rate as corporate profits the MW today would be $450.00 an hour

And you'd be unemployed since you have no skills that are worth 450/hr. You understand that, right?

As pointed out, other countries dont have an FDA and do just fine.

Of course they don't have the FDA, you fucking clod. They have equivalents, however.

Europe for example has the EFSA.

Before you open your fucking mouth again, you better fucking think about what you say, because you sound absolutely retarded when saying stupid shit like you just did.
You are one foul mouthed moron with nothing worthwhile to say. Quit spouting nonsense, you clod.

And so you negative rep me with "cocklicker" as the comment. Your hypocrisy is fucking hilarious.

Pure crap....TNSTASFL.

Economically illiterate swill.

Project much?

Show me where I'm wrong.
That's not how it works, Gomer....You show where you're right.

But since you have such a warped perception of even the most elementary concepts, like "subsidy", I have little hope of getting anything more than dopey leftbat platitudes, bromides and yapping points out of you.

A subsity is any monies that the Government gives you. Your personal deduction is a subsidy.

Show me where I'm wrong.
That's not how it works, Gomer....You show where you're right.

But since you have such a warped perception of even the most elementary concepts, like "subsidy", I have little hope of getting anything more than dopey leftbat platitudes, bromides and yapping points out of you.

A subsity is any monies that the Government gives you. Your personal deduction is a subsidy.

Letting you keep your own money is not a subsidy.

I earn $16.75 an hour at McDonalds. I bet you hate the fact that I earn a decent wage, you probably think I deserve nothing more than a dollar an hour.
Your bragging that you earn $16.75 an hour at McDonalds, Hell Walmart workers in some Nouth Dakota stores make more.

Since that last post, my wages have risen. I now earn around $18.25 per hour.

Must suck, eh?
Being stuck in a dead end job at McDonald's? Yeah, that sucks all right.

Since that last post, my wages have risen. I now earn around $18.25 per hour.

Must suck, eh?
Being stuck in a dead end job at McDonald's? Yeah, that sucks all right.

I meant the pay. It must make you angry that I work in fast food and get better pay than most Yanks.

Forum List

Back