Zone1 Eliminate the Pitbull Menace

That's great. And I agree. Most "Pits" are just regular house pets. My oldest dog is Pit/Lab mix. But I just this summer had to shoot a Red Nosed Pit I adopted as a pup. This fucker turned of his own accord. And before you label me some mean animal hater... All my dogs are rescues. And how many lives would still be, or be unmarred, if the dogs custodian acted responsibly at the first signs of uncommanded aggression?

Oh I understand that but banning all Pitbulls just because some go nuts is as bad as banning guns. Maddie the Pitbull was one of my greatest friends in the neighborhood and her death is hitting me hard right now even though she wasn't my dog as I use to see her all the time when I went out for walks.

I like all animals, even pits.
Pitbulls have some wonderful traits but it is the "not so wonderful" traits that make them a menace.

They were bred for aggressiveness, strength, bred to fight.

Personally I've witnessed multiple pitbull attacks on other dogs and children. The attacks appear to be unprovoked but not from the pit's perspective.
I doubt very much, that you have witnessed one attack

Had I witnessed one, my story would be how I stopped said attack, and all the others, not how I stood around and watched the one, and many others.

Why does it matter what a dog looks like? What happened to not judging a book by its cover? I just found out today that my very dear friend who was a Pitbull recently passed away. I don't really want to take this right now. (And yes whether or not somebody has two legs and skin or four legs and fur friendship can come from anywhere and everywhere. At least to me.)
I'm not judging a dog.
I'm proposing a solution to a danger posed by the breed.

I'm not saying pits individually or as a group are "bad dogs"
But the data tells me they are dangerous and a great many are kept by people who don't understand or don't care about the risk.

The method I propose would, over time eliminate the risk from this breed humanely.

Oh I understand that but banning all Pitbulls just because some go nuts is as bad as banning guns. Maddie the Pitbull was one of my greatest friends in the neighborhood and her death is hitting me hard right now even though she wasn't my dog as I use to see her all the time when I went out for walks.
guns are irrelevant

You don't need a pit for self defense. Shepherds do just as well without the risk.

Riddle me this...
Did you love Maddie because she was a pit or because you were a good owner who raised her well?

You don't need a pit for self defense.

Riddle me this...
Did you love Maddie because she was a pit or because you were a good owner who raised her well?

No but they would defend you just as much as any dog would if you treat them with love and respect. Also Maddie wasn't my dog, she was just a dog I knew that considered to be a good friend of mine and had a lot of heart. Btw, does this dog look dangerous to you? How much do you trust the data now? Btw, this was basically how Maddie was. 🥰

Last edited:
This is the same exact concept as guns. It's all on the individual. And also keep your idiotic american dumb spawn away from my bassett hound. When a young kid asks me if they can pet my dog I really want to smack them. And their parents should be hurt as well.

No but they would defend you just as much as any dog would if you treat them with love and respect. Also Maddie wasn't my dog, she was just a dog I knew that considered to be a good friend of mine and had a lot of heart. Btw, does this dog look dangerous to you? How much do you trust the data now? Btw, this was basically how Maddie was. 🥰

Sigh?
Does a dog I don't know look dangerous?
especially a pit behind a fence?

Once again...
Anecdotal evidence is not evidence.

I had a pit mix once.
She passed a couple of years ago.
She was a genetic mess.
Blind in one eye, 90% blind on the other
Deaf.

She was a loving dog but...
Being blind if approached from the rear and covering her head
An act she interpreted as a threat
She would react with overwhelming violence.
She injured a male coonhound and her female border collie companion badly because he did the thing where dogs put the head over another dog's neck to show dominance.

She couldn't see the "threat" and lashed out violently in all directions injuring the other dogs.
I gave the coonhound to the Sheriff to keep him safe. He's a comfort animal at an army base in Germany.
I had to keep her away from small children because of this.

She was a good dog but like all pits, unpredictable and dangerous when threatened.

When a young kid asks me if they can pet my dog I really want to smack them. And their parents should be hurt as well.

Why? I ask to pet dogs all the time. You can always say no and it's not like they're asking for a kidney.

Why? I ask to pet dogs all the time. You can always say no and it's not like they're asking for a kidney.
It's MY DOG....I'm walking WIDE for a reason. My dog is docile and Luke's pets but nobody has any kind of right to walk at an angle towards me. The parents should be ashamed of themselves. Grab the dang kid by the neck and tell them that it's bad to approach others.

It's MY DOG....I'm walking WIDE for a reason. My dog is docile and Luke's pets but nobody has any kind of right to walk at an angle towards me. The parents should be ashamed of themselves. Grab the dang kid by the neck and tell them that it's bad to approach others.

Oh,.. you didn't explain how you were walking. Anyways I still think that you're overreacting but yeah I usually have a general idea myself of when I can ask for pets and when I can't based on how they're walking but still... No need to get snappy about it. They're only children.

This is the same exact concept as guns. It's all on the individual. And also keep your idiotic american dumb spawn away from my bassett hound. When a young kid asks me if they can pet my dog I really want to smack them. And their parents should be hurt as well.
The individuals have demonstrated they cannot properly manage these animals.

Not saying you can't have a dog.
Not saying you can't have a pit.
Just saying that all pits should be spayed or neutered.

You're right to be concerned about children and bassets.
Kids try to climb on or ride dogs.
Bassets because of their body type can suffer back injuries with this type of treatment.

Oh,.. you didn't explain how you were walking. Anyways I still think that you're overreacting but yeah I usually have a general idea myself of when I can ask for pets and when I can't based on how they're walking but still... No need to get snappy about it. They're only children.
I don't care if they're only spawn. It's a failure on the parents.

You're right to be concerned about children and bassets.
Kids try to climb on or ride dogs.
Bassets because of their body type can suffer back injuries with this type of treatment.

Not if they're taught properly at a young age.

Tell me a single animal who isn't.
Here's one

1707605148143.png

Forum List

Back