Zone1 Eliminate the Pitbull Menace

IMO…anyone who owns a large, powerful dog regardless of breed has an extra responsibility to ensure the dog is well trained, well managed and controlled, and well socialized. Even though those (expletive) Chihuahuas are much more likely to bite…the damage they inflict is quite limited.
True.

But Pits in particular should not be in public without a very strong leash/harness and a muzzle.

IMO…anyone who owns a large, powerful dog regardless of breed has an extra responsibility to ensure the dog is well trained, well managed and controlled, and well socialized. Even though those (expletive) Chihuahuas are much more likely to bite…the damage they inflict is quite limited.
THis is absolutely true.
However, there are breeds that can "turn" and take on unpredictable behavior that they have not shown before. And the overbred modern Pitbull is one of those breeds. Inarguable, no other breed is even close.

W have an 82 lb. GSD. She is inside with us most of the time.
When we let her out to pee, she is on a 30ft 8,400 lb. strength steel cable wrapped around a 4"x4" concreted post.
She has a large fenced in area with a 6' fence where I installed Coyote rollers on the inside, which make it impossible for a dog to get over a fence.

I did all this even though she is not aggressive inappropriately.
But she is capable of super serious injury to both other dogs and people.
Taking no chances.

This is her here - note the bars on the screen. She has never attempted to get out of the screen porch - but I take no chances.

qq.jpg

I like all animals, even pits.
Pitbulls have some wonderful traits but it is the "not so wonderful" traits that make them a menace.

They were bred for aggressiveness, strength, bred to fight.

Personally I've witnessed multiple pitbull attacks on other dogs and children. The attacks appear to be unprovoked but not from the pit's perspective.

The problem isn't the dogs, it is the owners.
These animals need to be properly trained, socialized, and under positive control 100% of the time.
Unfortunately many pitbull owners

The solution: Require, by law, that all pits and pit mixes be spayed or neutered with significant fines for owners and vets who fail or refuse to comply.

Over time, maybe 10 years or so, almost all pitbulls will die and the breed will disappear.

some might call this cruel but we, as a nation, kill some 10 MILLION of these animals annually in "shelters."
10 Million.

That's a lot of dead dogs and, still, the problem persists.

We can't remove the owners so the logical solution is to remove the breed.
People make pit bulls a menace.

Let's get rid of them

I disagree with the fundamental statement of the OP.

Pitbulls are not more dangerous than other dogs. In fact, their typical demeanor is sweeter than most dogs. That is why those shitstains that fight them have to steal "bait dogs" to teach pitties how to fight. And abused dog will always protect itself.

I have a pit mix.
My oldest daughter has 2 pitbulls.
My next oldest daughter has 2 pitbulls.
My youngest daughter has a pitbull.

All of them are as sweet and gentle as you could ask for.

Now, if you laid hands on one of my daughters I cannot promise the pit will not attack. But so will my ex-wife's daschund, or my son's lab mix.
Are they spayed/neutered? Why not?

AND

This is what all pit owners say right up until the dog rips their grandkid's face off.

Then they say..."He's never done anything like that before"

Well DUH!

1707571832619.png

Pitbulls were responsible for more attacks and deaths that all the other breeds on the list COMBINED.

Anecdotal evidence, especially when biased, is unreliable.

THis is absolutely true.
However, there are breeds that can "turn" and take on unpredictable behavior that they have not shown before. And the overbred modern Pitbull is one of those breeds. Inarguable, no other breed is even close.

W have an 82 lb. GSD. She is inside with us most of the time.
When we let her out to pee, she is on a 30ft 8,400 lb. strength steel cable wrapped around a 4"x4" concreted post.
She has a large fenced in area with a 6' fence where I installed Coyote rollers on the inside, which make it impossible for a dog to get over a fence.

I did all this even though she is not aggressive inappropriately.
But she is capable of super serious injury to both other dogs and people.
Taking no chances.

This is her here - note the bars on the screen. She has never attempted to get out of the screen porch - but I take no chances.

View attachment 900090
Beautiful animal.

I see you failed to respond to the question.

Why is that?
Huh? I am separated and not mating today, I'm not in any suffering. You think the better response would be to mutilate my body and remove hormones from my system? I won't do that to myself and I wouldn't do it to my dog no matter how profitable it is for the vets in Canada.

Michael Vick, gangbanging Mexicans, tattooed white thugs like to macho out putting on big thick chain collars, leashes out in CA. They will train em’ mean and tie them up as security. Even fight em’ like they do roosters. Allegedly.

Huh? I am separated and not mating today, I'm not in any suffering. You think the better response would be to mutilate my body and remove hormones from my system? I won't do that to myself and I wouldn't do it to my dog no matter how profitable it is for the vets in Canada.
Still failed to answer the question.
I didn't suggest you "mutilate" yourself.
I said reverse positions.
now you've been prevented, by force, from attempting to mate your ENTIRE LIFE.

Still happy?

Nope. Getting rid of the people who corrupted the breed is the best idea
Can't.
So eliminating the breed is the next best option.

People will be foolish, stupid, and ignorant.
It's bred into them.
We can't eliminate people (although we seem to be trying)
But through spaying and neutering we can humanely eliminate the breed.

Still failed to answer the question.
I didn't suggest you "mutilate" yourself.
I said reverse positions.
now you've been prevented, by force, from attempting to mate your ENTIRE LIFE.

Still happy?
As opposed to having major health issues and a lack of energy or passion for life because I didn't have any testosterone in my body as G-d intended?

I could get used to one but not a life long suffering of a broken down body that has never worked optimally. Did you know you may have taken years of life away from your dog by neutering him? Do the research.

Now would you prefer to have your body intact and live a little longer?

Last edited:
I disagree with the fundamental statement of the OP.

Pitbulls are not more dangerous than other dogs. In fact, their typical demeanor is sweeter than most dogs. That is why those shitstains that fight them have to steal "bait dogs" to teach pitties how to fight. And abused dog will always protect itself.

I have a pit mix.
My oldest daughter has 2 pitbulls.
My next oldest daughter has 2 pitbulls.
My youngest daughter has a pitbull.

All of them are as sweet and gentle as you could ask for.

Now, if you laid hands on one of my daughters I cannot promise the pit will not attack. But so will my ex-wife's daschund, or my son's lab mix.
The difference with pit bulls is when they attack the results can be permanent injury or death due to the breeding and incredible biting strength they possess.

As opposed to having major health issues and a lack of energy or passion for life because I didn't have any testosterone in my body as G-d intended?

I could get used to one but not a life long suffering of a broken down body that has never worked optimally. Did you know you may have taken years of life away from your dog by neutering him? Do the research.

Now would you prefer to have your body intact and live a little longer?
First, I didn't suggest you be neutered, I'm sure your wife took care of that, I said blocked from having secs EVER, by force.

Second, "do the research?"

"On average dogs who are spayed or neutered live one and a half years longer than those who are not. Typically, dogs who are not fixed live to be about 8 years of age, where fixed dogs average about nine and a half years."

"In our study overall, lifespan was greater in the sterilized dogs compared with the reproductively intact dogs. While intact reproductive capability was associated with decreased lifespan in dogs, some causes of death were less frequent in intact dogs."

"The average lifespan of spayed and neutered cats and dogs is demonstrably longer than the lifespan of those not. A University of Georgia study, based on the medical records of more than 70,000 animal patients, found that the life expectancy of neutered male dogs was 13.8% longer and that of spayed female dogs was 26.3% longer. The average age of death of intact dogs was 7.9 years versus a significantly older 9.4 years for altered dogs."

Let me guess, you did your own COVID research too.

Yeah, I wasn't really thinking in terms of liability. I was speaking more so about competency/qualification. In that regard, there is no such thing as the unpredictable. Not really.

You have to know what you're working with and be capable of maintaining control, else you get what happens so often wth certain breeds.
I don't think it's a good breed for elderly or with small kids.

But Pits in particular should not be in public without a very strong leash/harness and a muzzle.

I agree with the leash part as I do with any dog but a dog shouldn't be muzzled unless they are prone to show aggression. We have two neighborhood Pitties and they are super friendly.

In the end it's your own choice what you do to your own dog, but were you aware that your dog is more likely to run away and get hit by a car if left unfixed? Also, what happens if your dog fathers puppies?

What's going to happen to them? Who's going to keep them? That's actually how a lot of dogs wind up homeless in shelters and even worse on the streets. Whether kept or given away a lot of the time owners find that they can no longer care for them and either take them to a shelter or abandon them.

All I'm saying is that it's definitely something to consider and think about and your dog isn't going to care about the difference either.

First, I didn't suggest you be neutered, I'm sure your wife took care of that, I said blocked from having secs EVER, by force.

Second, "do the research?"

"On average dogs who are spayed or neutered live one and a half years longer than those who are not. Typically, dogs who are not fixed live to be about 8 years of age, where fixed dogs average about nine and a half years."

"In our study overall, lifespan was greater in the sterilized dogs compared with the reproductively intact dogs. While intact reproductive capability was associated with decreased lifespan in dogs, some causes of death were less frequent in intact dogs."

"The average lifespan of spayed and neutered cats and dogs is demonstrably longer than the lifespan of those not. A University of Georgia study, based on the medical records of more than 70,000 animal patients, found that the life expectancy of neutered male dogs was 13.8% longer and that of spayed female dogs was 26.3% longer. The average age of death of intact dogs was 7.9 years versus a significantly older 9.4 years for altered dogs."

Let me guess, you did your own COVID research too.
I'm speaking specifically about male dogs. Of which my healthy, almost 13 year old who still chases the ball from time to time. The veterinarian lobbyists certainly love the pro-neuter crowd.

The following information is taken from an extensive meta-analysis preformed by Laura J. Sanborn, M.S. in 2007. All the references are listed at the end of her analysis

10 Reasons Neutering Your MALE Dog Negatively Impacts His Health

#1: Most pets are neutered prior to their first year of age which disrupts proper hormonal processes. Removing the hormone generating organs of the body at early ages (less than 6 months) will impact other essential growth processes such as the development of bones, brain and intelligence, immune system, muscle size, as well as the overall health of the dogs.
#2: Hormonal disruption in neutered male dogs heightens the risk of other organ failure or malfunction. Neutering may triple the risk of hypothyroidism.

#3: Early neutering of male dogs increases the risk of developing bone cancer. Osteosarcoma is a common cancer in medium/large and larger breeds with a poor prognosis.

#4: Male dogs who are neutered are more likely to develop other orthopedic diseases. The potential for hip dysplasia and cruciate rupture rises when male dogs have inadequate time to fully hormonally develop and grow healthy bones. The closure of the growth plate is regulated by sex hormones which stops the bones from growing. Without the hormones, bones will continue to grow causing hip or elbow dysplasia.

#5: Neutering male dogs increases the risk of cardiac hemangiosarcoma. The likelihood of developing this common cancer, in the spleen, heart or other organs, in many breeds after neutering rises by a factor of 1.6, with a very poor prognosis.

#6: Male dogs neutered during their first years have a tripled potential for obesity. Similar to humans, overweight dogs are more susceptible to numerous other health problems such as those that affect the joints, thyroid and adrenal glands.

#7: The originally small risks for prostate and urinary tract cancers increase for neutered male dogs. The risk for urinary tract cancer doubles (<1%) while the risk for prostate cancer quadruples (<0.6%).

#8: The vaccines recommended may result in adverse side effects in neutered male dogs. By decreasing the immune boosting stimulation and protection from the testosterone surges during puberty, negative reactions to vaccinations are more likely to occur. This crucial hormone function is rarely recognized by conventional vets or shelter practices.

#9: Neutering male dogs may negatively impact their brain health as they age. Testosterone soaks the brain and provides protection from amyloid deposits, protein deposits that clog brain pathways. The risk of progressive geriatric impairments such as dementia rises in neutered male dogs.

#10: For the behavioral symptoms pet parents believe will be helped by neutering male dogs, other negative symptoms in behavior may develop. Studies indicate neutered males are susceptible to anxious or fearful behaviors, excessive separation anxiety, noise phobias, aggression, and undesirable sexual behaviors. Many behavioral issues are not caused by hormones in the body but by harmful ingredients from vaccines (particularly heavy metals), pesticides and other environmental toxicants in the food, air, water, etc.

11 Reasons Not to Neuter Your Dog​

8 Reasons Not to Spay Your Dog (Current Veterinary Research and FAQ)​

Why You Might Want to Hold Off on Neutering Your Dog​

The growing debate over spaying and neutering dogs​

I'm speaking specifically about male dogs. Of which my healthy, almost 13 year old who still chases the ball from time to time. The veterinarian lobbyists certainly love the pro-neuter crowd.

The following information is taken from an extensive meta-analysis preformed by Laura J. Sanborn, M.S. in 2007. All the references are listed at the end of her analysis

10 Reasons Neutering Your MALE Dog Negatively Impacts His Health

#1: Most pets are neutered prior to their first year of age which disrupts proper hormonal processes. Removing the hormone generating organs of the body at early ages (less than 6 months) will impact other essential growth processes such as the development of bones, brain and intelligence, immune system, muscle size, as well as the overall health of the dogs.
#2: Hormonal disruption in neutered male dogs heightens the risk of other organ failure or malfunction. Neutering may triple the risk of hypothyroidism.

#3: Early neutering of male dogs increases the risk of developing bone cancer. Osteosarcoma is a common cancer in medium/large and larger breeds with a poor prognosis.

#4: Male dogs who are neutered are more likely to develop other orthopedic diseases. The potential for hip dysplasia and cruciate rupture rises when male dogs have inadequate time to fully hormonally develop and grow healthy bones. The closure of the growth plate is regulated by sex hormones which stops the bones from growing. Without the hormones, bones will continue to grow causing hip or elbow dysplasia.

#5: Neutering male dogs increases the risk of cardiac hemangiosarcoma. The likelihood of developing this common cancer, in the spleen, heart or other organs, in many breeds after neutering rises by a factor of 1.6, with a very poor prognosis.

#6: Male dogs neutered during their first years have a tripled potential for obesity. Similar to humans, overweight dogs are more susceptible to numerous other health problems such as those that affect the joints, thyroid and adrenal glands.

#7: The originally small risks for prostate and urinary tract cancers increase for neutered male dogs. The risk for urinary tract cancer doubles (<1%) while the risk for prostate cancer quadruples (<0.6%).

#8: The vaccines recommended may result in adverse side effects in neutered male dogs. By decreasing the immune boosting stimulation and protection from the testosterone surges during puberty, negative reactions to vaccinations are more likely to occur. This crucial hormone function is rarely recognized by conventional vets or shelter practices.

#9: Neutering male dogs may negatively impact their brain health as they age. Testosterone soaks the brain and provides protection from amyloid deposits, protein deposits that clog brain pathways. The risk of progressive geriatric impairments such as dementia rises in neutered male dogs.

#10: For the behavioral symptoms pet parents believe will be helped by neutering male dogs, other negative symptoms in behavior may develop. Studies indicate neutered males are susceptible to anxious or fearful behaviors, excessive separation anxiety, noise phobias, aggression, and undesirable sexual behaviors. Many behavioral issues are not caused by hormones in the body but by harmful ingredients from vaccines (particularly heavy metals), pesticides and other environmental toxicants in the food, air, water, etc.

11 Reasons Not to Neuter Your Dog​

8 Reasons Not to Spay Your Dog (Current Veterinary Research and FAQ)​

Why You Might Want to Hold Off on Neutering Your Dog​

The growing debate over spaying and neutering dogs​

Your claim was longer life.
I showed your claim to be false.
You've nothing more to add.
Go back to abusing your dog.

How many owners have been protected by their Pitbulls?

Thugs think twice about going near someone with a pitbull. How many homes have been made safer by a barking pitbull? No way to even quantify that it’s probably so many.

Bill Burr wasn’t joking, when you take a pitbull for a walk, everyone crosses the street to avoid you.

I would never own an aggressive dog of any breed because of the liability and being unable to relax when others are around the dog.

Because we entertain frequently and always have some sort of project underway with workmen and repair men around, I would probably have a dog bite lawsuit facing me every week if I had an aggressive dog.

The 2 dogs we currently have came from abusive situations when we adopted / rescued them but they're not aggressive.

I don't need or expect a dog to defend me; just let me know when someone shows up so I can take it from there.

Thanks,

Forum List

Back