Zone1 Eliminate the Pitbull Menace

Your claim was longer life.
I showed your claim to be false.
You've nothing more to add.
Go back to abusing your dog.
Here is one of the other posts I read. So indeed as you said to me, touche:

4. Neutering Can Shorten Your Dog’s Lifespan​

You want your dog to live as long as possible, right? Well, neutering him could put him at a disadvantage in the longevity department.

Researchers studying Rottweilers found that female dogs that were spayed before four years of age had their life expectancies reduced by 30%. On the other hand, those that kept their ovaries for six or more years were nine times more likely to live for more than 13 years — a lifespan that’s considered exceptional for the breed.

Here is one of the other posts I read. So indeed as you said to me, touche:

4. Neutering Can Shorten Your Dog’s Lifespan​

You want your dog to live as long as possible, right? Well, neutering him could put him at a disadvantage in the longevity department.

Researchers studying Rottweilers found that female dogs that were spayed before four years of age had their life expectancies reduced by 30%. On the other hand, those that kept their ovaries for six or more years were nine times more likely to live for more than 13 years — a lifespan that’s considered exceptional for the breed.
Exception proves the rule.

Noting your "proof" covers exactly one breed and within a small age range.

Go on back to abusing your dog.

Are they spayed/neutered? Why not?

AND

This is what all pit owners say right up until the dog rips their grandkid's face off.

Then they say..."He's never done anything like that before"

Well DUH!

Our dogs are all spayed or neutered.

If pitbulls (not an AKC recognized breed) are so dangerous, why isn't there carnage all over the US? There are an estimated 4.5 million "pitbulls" in the US.

But, not only is the pitbull not an AKC recognized breed, even pitbull fans can't identify them clearly.

True.

But Pits in particular should not be in public without a very strong leash/harness and a muzzle.

Those harnesses are worthless. You can't correct your dog with one of those things.

Every time I see it, they're dragging their handler down the street.

Who is walking whom? lol..

Those harnesses are worthless. You can't correct your dog with one of those things.

Every time I see it, they're dragging their handler down the street.

Who is walking whom? lol..

We use a harness that attached to the leash low and in front. If the dog pulls he is pulled downward. They learn quick.

Our dogs are all spayed or neutered.

If pitbulls (not an AKC recognized breed) are so dangerous, why isn't there carnage all over the US? There are an estimated 4.5 million "pitbulls" in the US.

But, not only is the pitbull not an AKC recognized breed, even pitbull fans can't identify them clearly.
Large square head
small not floppy ears
large mouth
Short but large relative to height

If you can't ID a pitbull by sight
a. You're not looking at a pitbull
or
b. You really shouldn't be around dogs.
1707590589151.png

Not a pitbull too tall, floppy ears

1707590676112.png

Also not a pitbull floppy ears

1707590762397.png

Also not a pitbull too small

1707590857665.png

All but one of these are pits who will probably be euthanized.
Can you ID the one who is not a pit?

I would never own an aggressive dog of any breed because of the liability and being unable to relax when others are around the dog.

Because we entertain frequently and always have some sort of project underway with workmen and repair men around, I would probably have a dog bite lawsuit facing me every week if I had an aggressive dog.

The 2 dogs we currently have came from abusive situations when we adopted / rescued them but they're not aggressive.

I don't need or expect a dog to defend me; just let me know when someone shows up so I can take it from there.

Thanks,
Imma go with Aiden. Though he looks like a G Dane Admixture...

Large square head
small not floppy ears
large mouth
Short but large relative to height

If you can't ID a pitbull by sight
a. You're not looking at a pitbull
or
b. You really shouldn't be around dogs.
View attachment 900201
Not a pitbull too tall, floppy ears

View attachment 900204
Also not a pitbull floppy ears

View attachment 900205
Also not a pitbull too small

View attachment 900206

All but one of these are pits who will probably be euthanized.
Can you ID the one who is not a pit?

Why does it matter what a dog looks like? What happened to not judging a book by its cover? I just found out today that my very dear friend who was a Pitbull recently passed away. I don't really want to take this right now. (And yes whether or not somebody has two legs and skin or four legs and fur friendship can come from anywhere and everywhere. At least to me.)

Any animal can be unpredictable but the Pittie I befriended never growled at me or bit me once. I'm going to miss her terribly too. :(
There are still some Pits, very few, where their blood has not be tainted by the massive over breeding and aggressive breeding. Very few.
Before the over breeding - these animals were very-very good family pets.

There are still some Pits, very few, where their blood has not be tainted by the massive over breeding and aggressive breeding. Very few.

Then why have I been around several Pitbulls and the only time that I ever got bit by a dog EVER it was by a Chihuahua. Who also growled at me as well as my aunt's Beagle. No Pitbull ever did any of that to me. The only time I got attacked by a Pitbull was by kisses and I got jumped on but that was all in play and them not knowing their own strength.

Before the over breeding - these animals were very-very good family pets.
They used to be considered America's Dog, or the Nanny Dog. Like Petey from the Little Rascals, or the RCA Mascot dog. Then guess who got a hold of them? And much like everything else they "influence"... It went primal, and straight to shit.

Did I type that out loud..?

They used to be considered America's Dog, or the Nanny Dog. Like Petey from the Little Rascals, or the RCA Mascot dog. Then guess who got a hold of them? And much like everything else they "influence"... It went primal, and straight to shit.

Did I type that out loud..?

Yeah but the thing is they can also be very friendly, loveable, and loyal dogs and mostly they are as it mostly depends on who's holding the end of the leash. I just can't stand people who make judgements and have never even been around these dogs or even seen one in real life but yet still label them as monsters. I'm not saying that you would do that but when people do it's the same thing as judging black people by the color of their skin.

Yeah but the thing is they can also be very friendly, loveable, and loyal dogs and mostly they are as it mostly depends on who's holding the end of the leash. I just can't stand people who make judgements and have never even been around these dogs or even seen one in real life but yet still label them as monsters. I'm not saying that you would do that but when people do it's the same thing as judging black people by the color of their skin.
That's great. And I agree. Most "Pits" are just regular house pets. My oldest dog is Pit/Lab mix. But I just this summer had to shoot a Red Nosed Pit I adopted as a pup. This fucker turned of his own accord. And before you label me some mean animal hater... All my dogs are rescues. And how many lives would still be, or be unmarred, if the dogs custodian acted responsibly at the first signs of uncommanded aggression?

Forum List

Back