Elizabeth Warren: 'End Electoral College'

From the OP:

Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton beat President Donald Trump by almost 3 million votes in the 2016 election by leading in strongly Democratic states. But Trump eventually won with the Electoral College’s help in swing states like Wisconsin and Michigan. Trump is the fifth United States president to have taken office without winning the national popular vote.
Washington redskin,
Actually the conservative/libertarian side receive more of the popular vote... lol
2016 Presidential General Election Results

Completely dishonest post. There is no single "conservative" party and even if you take it as a descriptive adjective --- or to mean the RP ---- it's got nothing to do with the Libertarians.

Hell, if you combine all the money in my wallet with the number of cells in an ocelot you'd have a million bucks.
2016 Presidential General Election Results

I don't need a link to that. I already know it.

What the fuck is your point here? You just repeated the same link nobody needs that proves no point.
More people voted against the progressive side...

It ends up doing the opposite. Clearly since two of the last Presidents elected used that power in spite of losing the popular vote effectively taking away the voice of the majority of the population who happened to live in NY,NJ,California and elsewhere
You know that Hillary did not win a majority, right?
Given that, and absent the electoral college, who wins in 2016?

I agree. I always thought america was a democracy...but when Bush Jr got elected we the citizens of the world were shocked. And that's when we found about the electoral college. It really gives the power to the crazy minority and that's why we have trump and his crazies....the US should join the democratic countries and abolish the EC.

That is your mistake because UNITED States of America has never been a Democracy and the President has been elected with the Electoral College all this time.

Funny how no one complained when Clinton and Obama won it twice but when Gore and Hillary lost all of a sudden it is a bad system.

No matter what my opinion of Trump the fact is the Electoral College is a great system that allow the smaller states in our REPUBLIC to have a voice...

I agree. I always thought america was a democracy...but when Bush Jr got elected we the citizens of the world were shocked. And that's when we found about the electoral college. It really gives the power to the crazy minority and that's why we have trump and his crazies....the US should join the democratic countries and abolish the EC.

That is your mistake because UNITED States of America has never been a Democracy and the President has been elected with the Electoral College all this time.

Funny how no one complained when Clinton and Obama won it twice but when Gore and Hillary lost all of a sudden it is a bad system.

No matter what my opinion of Trump the fact is the Electoral College is a great system that allow the smaller states in our REPUBLIC to have a voice...
They point being dumbass...that Clinton and Obama won BOTH the popular vote and the electoral vote.

Bush the Lesser and Trump both LOST the popular vote...negating the will of the people.

"No matter what my opinion of Trump the fact is the Electoral College is a great system that allow the smaller states in our REPUBLIC to have a voice"

The fact is the EC is a FLAWED system that allowed smaller states an OUTSIZED voice in our NATION'S Presidential election and Supreme Court as a result

Go ahead and ban guns dumbfucks.
The black market will love it. You will love it too when there are no more background checks and serial numbers.
Morons
It may be worth a try since we currently have a system with no background checks.
Liar

Are you saying you can’t buy a gun without a background check?

What “safeguard” would be stripped away? Explain

The black market will love it. You will love it too when there are no more background checks and serial numbers.
Morons
It may be worth a try since we currently have a system with no background checks.
Liar

Allowing a few metro areas of very large population (NYC, L..A.) dictate to the entire country.. Population already gives them more electoral votes, and more representatives in the House.

If you want to get rid of the Electoral College do it legally by amending the Constitution. It has been done many times before.
That is only ONE of two legal options but yea...that's how it would work.

Did you think it would be done by "Emergency Order"?

There is only one legal way to change the Constitution.

Trump is perfectly within his authority as President to issue an Emergency Order for a National Security issue such as illegal aliens invading the country. Nice try at deflecting. Just shows you don't have an argument for this issue.

Na, not really
Leave it the way it is, it ain’t broken so don’t fix it

Of course you only say that because the two Presidents who lost the popular vote and still won the election (out of three races) were both Republicans.

Yes...it is broken and you LIKE that

It's the only way his party is even relevant. A broken system and cheating.
Lol
This is supposed to be a republic not a shit eating democracy...

It's a country where all men are created equal. Do you disagree with that concept?

Fast fact: No Clinton has ever gotten the majority vote; in all three elections with a Clinton, the majority of the electorate did not vote for them.

A majority is not required.

In all three elections they won the popular vote

Morons
Liar

Liar

Allowing a few metro areas of very large population (NYC, L..A.) dictate to the entire country.. Population already gives them more electoral votes, and more representatives in the House.

If you want to get rid of the Electoral College do it legally by amending the Constitution. It has been done many times before.
That is only ONE of two legal options but yea...that's how it would work.

Did you think it would be done by "Emergency Order"?

There is only one legal way to change the Constitution.

Trump is perfectly within his authority as President to issue an Emergency Order for a National Security issue such as illegal aliens invading the country. Nice try at deflecting. Just shows you don't have an argument for this issue.
WTF are you talking about?

I said he would NOT use an Emergency Order and an Amendment is NOT the only way it can be changed

A State Election Compact could do it as well

They point being dumbass...that Clinton and Obama won BOTH the popular vote and the electoral vote.

Bush the Lesser and Trump both LOST the popular vote...negating the will of the people.

"No matter what my opinion of Trump the fact is the Electoral College is a great system that allow the smaller states in our REPUBLIC to have a voice"

The fact is the EC is a FLAWED system that allowed smaller states an OUTSIZED voice in our NATION'S Presidential election and Supreme Court as a result
You are promoting legalizing pedophile relationships now. And then beastiality.

Na, not really

Of course you only say that because the two Presidents who lost the popular vote and still won the election (out of three races) were both Republicans.

Lol

It's a country where all men are created equal. Do you disagree with that concept?

Do you disagree with the U.S. Constitution? If so, amend it. Equality in treatment under the law is exactly consistent with the Electoral College.

Fast fact: No Clinton has ever gotten the majority vote; in all three elections with a Clinton, the majority of the electorate did not vote for them.

Gosh whiz what a keeno fact.
Course, the same applies for every election with a Rump... a Kennedy... a Truman... a Wilson... a (B) Harrison... a Hayes... a Lincoln ... a Buchanan.... a Pierce.... a Taylor ..... a Polk.... a J.Q. Adams.... jeepers what an exclusive club.

Fun Fact Twa: What two Presidents who won office without winning the popular vote, are related to each other?

George W. Bush and Franklin Pierce

Not true. Neither John Quincy Adams nor Rutherford Hayes were elected by the EC.

In fact at the risk of being repetitive (who me?) one of the several flaws of the EC system is that a third party (e.g. Perot, Wallace, Thurmond, Anderson, et al) can only run with the strategy of siphoning off enough EVs that nobody gets a majority (of the EC), which then tosses the entire election into the House of Representatives ----- in other words their only shot is to undermine the entire election process itself.

Not only is that rendering the entire franchise moot, it's one of the ways the WTA/EC perpetuates the Duopoly.
There is no argument for perpetuating the Duopoly. And as long as it is so protected neither side of it has any incentive to present a quality candidate. All they need to do is present "at least I'm not that guy". And the dregs of all the elections in our lifetimes are the result.

Noble cause, innit.

No, that's not true.

If you add NY and Cali together, they had (in the 2016 election) 84 electoral votes.

https://state.1keydata.com/state-electoral-votes.php

The lowest 9 populated states collectively had 28 electoral votes.

So how do you feel these lower populated states are overpowering the most populated states? Do you know how many lower populated states it would take to equal just NY and Cali yet alone overpower them? I don't have time right now to do all the math, but here is a list of states according to population, and combine that with the electoral votes those states get with the link above. If you have the time to add all this up, let me know how many of the lower populated states it takes to equal the two most populated. Edit: I count 19. To exceed their combined EC votes by just one, I count 20 states.

List of states and territories of the United States by population - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Na, not really

Lol

Do you disagree with the U.S. Constitution? If so, amend it. Equality in treatment under the law is exactly consistent with the Electoral College.

Yes I do and changing it is what I am advocating for.

Forum List

Back