Elizabeth Warren: 'End Electoral College'

I agree. I always thought america was a democracy...but when Bush Jr got elected we the citizens of the world were shocked. And that's when we found about the electoral college. It really gives the power to the crazy minority and that's why we have trump and his crazies....the US should join the democratic countries and abolish the EC.

That is your mistake because UNITED States of America has never been a Democracy and the President has been elected with the Electoral College all this time.

Funny how no one complained when Clinton and Obama won it twice but when Gore and Hillary lost all of a sudden it is a bad system.

No matter what my opinion of Trump the fact is the Electoral College is a great system that allow the smaller states in our REPUBLIC to have a voice...
They point being dumbass...that Clinton and Obama won BOTH the popular vote and the electoral vote.

Bush the Lesser and Trump both LOST the popular vote...negating the will of the people.

"No matter what my opinion of Trump the fact is the Electoral College is a great system that allow the smaller states in our REPUBLIC to have a voice"

The fact is the EC is a FLAWED system that allowed smaller states an OUTSIZED voice in our NATION'S Presidential election and Supreme Court as a result

No, that's not true.

If you add NY and Cali together, they had (in the 2016 election) 84 electoral votes.

https://state.1keydata.com/state-electoral-votes.php

The lowest 9 populated states collectively had 28 electoral votes.

So how do you feel these lower populated states are overpowering the most populated states? Do you know how many lower populated states it would take to equal just NY and Cali yet alone overpower them? I don't have time right now to do all the math, but here is a list of states according to population, and combine that with the electoral votes those states get with the link above. If you have the time to add all this up, let me know how many of the lower populated states it takes to equal the two most populated.

List of states and territories of the United States by population - Wikipedia

AND ----- those 84 Electoral Votes wouldn't all be going the same way if not for the WTA/EC.

Everybody --- literally every voter --- in New York and California who voted for Rump had their vote crumpled up into a ball and tossed into the wastebasket ---- ssswish.

Had the WTA/EC not been in play, millions more who figured "fuck it, what's the point" would have come out to vote. Because that wouldn't have happened.

Na, not really
Leave it the way it is, it ain’t broken so don’t fix it

Of course you only say that because the two Presidents who lost the popular vote and still won the election (out of three races) were both Republicans.

Yes...it is broken and you LIKE that

It's the only way his party is even relevant. A broken system and cheating.
Lol
This is supposed to be a republic not a shit eating democracy...

It's a country where all men are created equal. Do you disagree with that concept?

Do you disagree with the U.S. Constitution? If so, amend it. Equality in treatment under the law is exactly consistent with the Electoral College.
States have the right to determine how their electoral votes are cast. That IS Constitutional. The States Election Compact is completely Constitutional

I agree. I always thought america was a democracy...but when Bush Jr got elected we the citizens of the world were shocked. And that's when we found about the electoral college. It really gives the power to the crazy minority and that's why we have trump and his crazies....the US should join the democratic countries and abolish the EC.

That is your mistake because UNITED States of America has never been a Democracy and the President has been elected with the Electoral College all this time.

Funny how no one complained when Clinton and Obama won it twice but when Gore and Hillary lost all of a sudden it is a bad system.

No matter what my opinion of Trump the fact is the Electoral College is a great system that allow the smaller states in our REPUBLIC to have a voice...
They point being dumbass...that Clinton and Obama won BOTH the popular vote and the electoral vote.

Bush the Lesser and Trump both LOST the popular vote...negating the will of the people.

"No matter what my opinion of Trump the fact is the Electoral College is a great system that allow the smaller states in our REPUBLIC to have a voice"

The fact is the EC is a FLAWED system that allowed smaller states an OUTSIZED voice in our NATION'S Presidential election and Supreme Court as a result

No, that's not true.

If you add NY and Cali together, they had (in the 2016 election) 84 electoral votes.

So how do you feel these lower populated states are overpowering the most populated states? Do you know how many lower populated states it would take to equal just NY and Cali yet alone overpower them? I don't have time right now to do all the math, but here is a list of states according to population, and combine that with the electoral votes those states get with the link above. If you have the time to add all this up, let me know how many of the lower populated states it takes to equal the two most populated. Edit: I count 19. To exceed their combined EC votes by just one, I count 20 states.

Each and every vote in those states would have exactly the same power as each and every vote in ANY state were the EC done away with

The EC as practiced is like baseball passing a rule that says if you scratch out a single run on a bunt, stolen base, error and sac fly, you get awarded 100 runs. :cuckoo:

There is no reason for Rural America to even vote in a pure popular vote, Over 80% of this country lives in urban America.

Our country was founded on the premise that the states elect the President. It is a great system.

If we were to change anything about national voting, repeal the 17th Amendment which would drastically reduce our out of control spending.

There is no reason for Rural America to even vote in a pure popular vote, Over 80% of this country lives in urban America.
Removing the EC would give each of those people the exact same electoral power as anyone else in the country

Our country was founded on the premise that the states elect the President. It is a great system.

If we were to change anything about national voting, repeal the 17th Amendment which would drastically reduce our out of control spending.

A National election Compact would do just that.

Not sure what you're saying about the 17th.

The states would still elect the president - by Popular Vote.

Removing the EC would give each of those people the exact same electoral power as anyone else in the country
Their votes would mean nothing, Because there is not enough of them to matter… It would be a pointless charade for all America to vote in a pure popular vote

No, that's not true.

So how do you feel these lower populated states are overpowering the most populated states? Do you know how many lower populated states it would take to equal just NY and Cali yet alone overpower them? I don't have time right now to do all the math, but here is a list of states according to population, and combine that with the electoral votes those states get with the link above. If you have the time to add all this up, let me know how many of the lower populated states it takes to equal the two most populated. Edit: I count 19. To exceed their combined EC votes by just one, I count 20 states.

Each and every vote in those states would have exactly the same power as each and every vote in ANY state were the EC done away with

Please elaborate. How would a state with three electoral votes have the same power as a state with 55?

No, that's not true.

So how do you feel these lower populated states are overpowering the most populated states? Do you know how many lower populated states it would take to equal just NY and Cali yet alone overpower them? I don't have time right now to do all the math, but here is a list of states according to population, and combine that with the electoral votes those states get with the link above. If you have the time to add all this up, let me know how many of the lower populated states it takes to equal the two most populated.

AND ----- those 84 Electoral Votes wouldn't all be going the same way if not for the WTA/EC.

Everybody --- literally every voter --- in New York and California who voted for Rump had their vote crumpled up into a ball and tossed into the wastebasket ---- ssswish.

Had the WTA/EC not been in play, millions more who figured "fuck it, what's the point" would have come out to vote. Because that wouldn't have happened.

Yes they would be going the same way because those two states are Democrat owned. Even if you divided the EC votes, the Dem EC votes would still outpace the Republicans by a large margin. You can see that in the county electoral map.

As for the smaller red states, they would lose EC votes on their populated areas to Democrats. So it's really a wash.

Yes let's have Mexifornia elect Democratic Presidents for the next 50 years. That is the Liberal wet dream of abolishing the E.C.
Why are you against the rule of the majority ?
We used that method in the Senate, Congress supreme court the X factor you name it.
And btw California is the biggest economy and best state of the union, Alabama, Mississippi, north Dakota, etc....are is less states.
Our corrupt and dying cities are rife with voter fraud and intimidation. The healthy part of our country doesn't want to be ruled by the diseased part and that's exactly what abolishing the electoral college would do.

California had it's hay day when Ronald Reagan was Governor and California has been downhill ever since.
How is that ? California has the biggest e onomy and outpaced the national GDP :).
California is the most populous state, so they should have the largest economy in the United States, California has the largest debt of any state. California has the largest welfare payout at $98.5 billion. California has more people on SNAP than any other state at 4.1 million.

It's really all for not because it seems money is your primary motivation for most everything. We do know that you do not know how American government works. You also have no respect for Americans unless they agree with your greedy myopic view.
You also failed to mentioned that California employs more Americans more than any state.
California is home to not only immigrants from overseas but also from other states.
I've lived here for 20 years and I cant come across too many adults who were born in California.
People leave their failed states to make it in the state that you hate so much.
Calofornia like most liberal states keep the US relevant on world stage (tehomology, innovation, research, industry, higher education, mega companies, etc...)

O do love respectful Americans, I dont like the trump ******, the racists, the bigots and sorry if you have a problem with that.

Interesting concept...you want the US...with one of the longest standing democracies in world history to change the system that's given us that stability to mirror the rest of the world that sees coups and civil unrest as a matter of course? I'm guessing you don't have the faintest idea WHY the Electoral College was instituted in the first place...do you, Issa?
The US is not a democracy.

Yes let's have Mexifornia elect Democratic Presidents for the next 50 years. That is the Liberal wet dream of abolishing the E.C.
We used that method in the Senate, Congress supreme court the X factor you name it.
And btw California is the biggest economy and best state of the union, Alabama, Mississippi, north Dakota, etc....are is less states.

California is the "best" State in the United States? Based on what exactly? The number of complete morons that have chosen to move there? Those morons have ruined a wonderful place to the point where California now has as many people moving out of it as there are moving in!
I wish you were right...but wherever I turn places are packed and booming. Qnd California is outpacing the nation GDP growth.

Our corrupt and dying cities are rife with voter fraud and intimidation. The healthy part of our country doesn't want to be ruled by the diseased part and that's exactly what abolishing the electoral college would do.

California had it's hay day when Ronald Reagan was Governor and California has been downhill ever since.
How is that ? California has the biggest e onomy and outpaced the national GDP :).
California is the most populous state, so they should have the largest economy in the United States, California has the largest debt of any state. California has the largest welfare payout at $98.5 billion. California has more people on SNAP than any other state at 4.1 million.

It's really all for not because it seems money is your primary motivation for most everything. We do know that you do not know how American government works. You also have no respect for Americans unless they agree with your greedy myopic view.
You also failed to mentioned that California employs more Americans more than any state.
California is home to not only immigrants from overseas but also from other states.
I've lived here for 20 years and I cant come across too many adults who were born in California.
Calofornia like most liberal states keep the US relevant on world stage (tehomology, innovation, research, industry, higher education, mega companies, etc...)

O do love respectful Americans, I dont like the trump ******, the racists, the bigots and sorry if you have a problem with that.
Lol
Only fools look at everything through race so shut the fuck up you fucking moron

I don’t hate California, I would never want to live there but it is just one part of a great country and combined with the other 49 states it makes one great nation.

As far as racists and bigots, you are one. You also need to go back to school and learn about America. You don’t know the people, you don’t know how our laws work, you don’t know our form of government nor do you know our Constitution or worse yet...nor do you care.

Interesting concept...you want the US...with one of the longest standing democracies in world history to change the system that's given us that stability to mirror the rest of the world that sees coups and civil unrest as a matter of course? I'm guessing you don't have the faintest idea WHY the Electoral College was instituted in the first place...do you, Issa?
The US is not a democracy.
The US is a democracy...we choose to operate that democracy as a constitutional republic...which is a blend of power derived from democratic processes...power held by elected officials...and power held by a court system.

My point remains...do you really think the US should scrap a system that has worked for hundreds of years simply because the candidate you wanted didn't get elected in a Presidential race?

Forum List

Back