Elizabeth Warren slams JPMorgan Chase...

for giving a raise to CEO Jamie Dimon.

The Wall Street giant had to pay $17 billion in fines for illegal activity in 2013
"Speaking during a Senate Banking Committee hearing, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren noted how government regulators have much work to do when it comes to changing the culture of Wall Street, pointing specifically to the example of JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon.

"The JPMorgan Chase example is simple and instructive: Despite the fact that the megabank spent much of 2013 negotiating with federal regulators, and ultimately was fined billions of dollars, the board decided to increase CEO Jamie Dimon’s compensation to $20 million."

Link:

Elizabeth Warren slams JPMorgan Chase for giving a raise to CEO Jamie Dimon - Salon.com

And yet her Republican colleagues in the Senate voted down an extension of the minimum wage law.

Because nothing sends the message don't do that again like a bonus.

This is what I find amazing about Republicans: the unwillingness to demand that employers pay their workers enough not to need food stamps or welfare that we have to pay via taxes.

What amazes me is the percentage of dumb posters who support a Republican Party that finds them little different than horses, pigs or cows - nothing more than a commodity.

The government needs to completely exit the banking business

To echo what jasonnfree said in his reply to another block head. They just got a bailout you moron.

Oops, money laundering. I tell you, these banks, model citizens they are. After all businesses are people too, right? What is the criminal penalty for money laundering? Oh I see, that does not apply.

The Wall Street giant had to pay $17 billion in fines for illegal activity in 2013
"Speaking during a Senate Banking Committee hearing, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren noted how government regulators have much work to do when it comes to changing the culture of Wall Street, pointing specifically to the example of JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon.

"The JPMorgan Chase example is simple and instructive: Despite the fact that the megabank spent much of 2013 negotiating with federal regulators, and ultimately was fined billions of dollars, the board decided to increase CEO Jamie Dimon’s compensation to $20 million."

Link:

Elizabeth Warren slams JPMorgan Chase for giving a raise to CEO Jamie Dimon - Salon.com

And yet her Republican colleagues in the Senate voted down an extension of the minimum wage law.

This is what I find amazing about Republicans: the unwillingness to demand that employers pay their workers enough not to need food stamps or welfare that we have to pay via taxes.

What amazes me is the percentage of dumb posters who support a Republican Party that finds them little different than horses, pigs or cows - nothing more than a commodity.

Well, the Democrats can be accused of the same and especially when it comes to education. I do find that the Republicans have a tendency to mimic it w/o realizing what it means.

Link:

Maybe your blindness comes from your dependency on your State pension. Why not just give it all up to charity, get a taste of reality, and open up your eyes. Maybe start with learning some respect for what the concept of Private Property entails. You really need to get out of that "What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine" head space, and start seeing us as equal beings, in regards to being treated fairly. No better place to start than with your own wallet. Try generating income out of thin air, before trashing what you obviously have no concept of.

Well, the Democrats can be accused of the same and especially when it comes to education. I do find that the Republicans have a tendency to mimic it w/o realizing what it means.

Really? Would you expand on your opinion, I'm unclear as to what you mean?

Mmmm..I can see it a mixture of these 2 would be great.

Jesse Ventura
Dennis Kucinich
Bernie Sanders
Elizabeth Warren.

Solyndra ftw...... :thup:

Solyndra is just the TIP of the corrupted ice berg from this administration
Obama the most corrupted EVER

Stephanie is not only an asshole and stupid she is a liar too!

Other than being a non sequitur, I'll remind driveby and others that no fines were assessed for wrongdoing or criminal behavior. Solyndra was a combination of bad luck and a poor business plan:

Solyndra was a manufacturer of cylindrical panels of copper indium gallium selenide (CIGS) thin-film solar cells based in Fremont, California. Although the company was once touted for its unusual technology, plummeting silicon prices led to the company's being unable to compete with more conventional solar panels.[1] On 1 September 2011, the company ceased all business activity, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, and laid off all employees.[2] The company is also being sued by employees who were abruptly laid off.[3]

Solyndra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Funny how that "bad luck and poor business plan" managed to walk out the door with beau coup taxpayer dollars that will never be seen again, isn't it?

Stephanie is not only an asshole and stupid she is a liar too!

Other than being a non sequitur, I'll remind driveby and others that no fines were assessed for wrongdoing or criminal behavior. Solyndra was a combination of bad luck and a poor business plan:

Solyndra was a manufacturer of cylindrical panels of copper indium gallium selenide (CIGS) thin-film solar cells based in Fremont, California. Although the company was once touted for its unusual technology, plummeting silicon prices led to the company's being unable to compete with more conventional solar panels.[1] On 1 September 2011, the company ceased all business activity, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, and laid off all employees.[2] The company is also being sued by employees who were abruptly laid off.[3]

Solyndra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You left out the hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars laundered by the Obama administration, numbnuts........

When did Obama administration launder hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars?

When haven't they?

Mmmm..I can see it a mixture of these 2 would be great.

Jesse Ventura
Dennis Kucinich
Bernie Sanders
Elizabeth Warren.

vis a vis

Rep. Michelle Bachmann
Gov. Perry
.48% Gov. Sarah Palin
Rudy, a noun, a verb and 9-11

I prefer Ventura as president and maybe Warren as VP....not quite as radical as the other 2.

I don't see anyone of the eight as electable for the top job. Sen. Warren as a VP is the most electable in my opinion, but she would scare the pants off of Wall Street (that may not be a bad thing).

When I listen to the Republicans, on any type of media and often in forums, it is like being transported to a different time period. When many people try to see themselves in history they imagine themselves at the top of the ladder. Never at the bottom. Realistically--it is where they would most likely be and for many it is where they are. When fear is not enough of a motivator then religion is used. Keep one foot in the grave with the promise of a better afterlife via obedience and self-sacrifice. Once the agenda-be it an election or legislation is accomplished- they loop to the next. It's very emotional. It's justification to maintain the status quo even when it works against them. Posters mimic that justification with out fully realizing it.

When I listen to Democrats and this is primarily reading columns and other types of media not so much on forums or in posts- it is like listening to people talk as if they are often elite and must now educate those below. It can also run purely on emotions. I have found this to occur on issues surrounding faux privatization of education. They may utilize fear here as well. It's children as a commodity.

You left out the hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars laundered by the Obama administration, numbnuts........

When did Obama administration launder hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars?

When haven't they?

Of course your commenting on the Nine Billon Dollars lost by the Bush Administration in Iraq, correct?

CNN.com - Audit: U.S. lost track of $9 billion in Iraq funds - Jan 30, 2005

When I listen to the Republicans, on any type of media and often in forums, it is like being transported to a different time period. When many people try to see themselves in history they imagine themselves at the top of the ladder. Never at the bottom. Realistically--it is where they would most likely be and for many it is where they are. When fear is not enough of a motivator then religion is used. Keep one foot in the grave with the promise of a better afterlife via obedience and self-sacrifice. Once the agenda-be it an election or legislation is accomplished- they loop to the next. It's very emotional. It's justification to maintain the status quo even when it works against them. Posters mimic that justification with out fully realizing it.

When I listen to Democrats and this is primarily reading columns and other types of media not so much on forums or in posts- it is like listening to people talk as if they are often elite and must now educate those below. It can also run purely on emotions. I have found this to occur on issues surrounding faux privatization of education. They may utilize fear here as well. It's children as a commodity.

Thanks for responding, I don't agree, but we all have opinions framed on our experience.

Lizzy should worry about her state and people she was elected to represent

I didn't vote for her to spew for me

who gives a shit who she slams

that's all Democrats do, slam, bash, stomp, wail, blah blah blah

It's so damn tiring and no wonder they're all so UGLY

they have a permanent burr stuck up their ass

Last edited:

Forum List

Back