Ellen DeGeneres

This woman constantly makes me feel better about humanity.

Ellen DeGeneres gives $10,000 to waitress who paid soldiers' tab - latimes.com

They said they had to keep it light since they had been furloughed as a result of the government shutdown and were therefore not getting paid.

"It just got me thinking, 'Geez, that's really difficult'," Hoidahl told DeGeneres. "I'm a waitress and a single mother. I know how it is."

So instead of giving the women a check when they finished their meals, Hoidahl gave them a note.

"Thanks to the government shutdown the people like you that protect this country are not getting paid, however I still am. Lunch is on me thank you for serving ladies! Have a good day!" the note read.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUmaLRCiGZY]An Inspiring Waitress Gets an Amazing Surprise - YouTube[/ame]

I've always thought of her as a beautiful person...:)

Found it...

Ellen DeGeneres has supported the following charities:

American Wild Horse Preservation Campaign
Andre Agassi Foundation for Education
Artists Against Racism
Best Friends Animal Society
Children's Health Fund
Clothes Off Our Back
Declare Yourself
Elton John AIDS Foundation
Entertainment Industry Foundation
Farm Sanctuary
Feeding America
FHI 360
GLSEN
Halo Pet Foundation
Heifer International
It Gets Better Project
Love Our Children USA
Malaria No More
Musicians on Call

Music Rising
Neurofibromatosis, Inc.
ONE Campaign
Peace First
Project Cuddle
PROJECT ZAMBI
Red Cross
Save The Music Foundation
Society for Animal Protective Legislation
Soles4Souls
Stand Up To Cancer
Stephen J Wampler Foundation
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
STOMP Out Bullying
Susan G. Komen for the Cure
The Gentle Barn
The Humane Society
The Trevor Project

Read more: Ellen DeGeneres: Charity Work & Causes - Look to the Stars
Follow us: @looktothestars on Twitter | looktothestarsorg on Facebook

Not a dime to any wounded soldier projects or their families.

And supporting charities is not the same as donating to them.

When the focus of the charitable act becomes the giver instead of the charity, IMO the act is questionable.

Jesus said something about that...he who gives in public has already received their reward.

I wonder if this woman refused to appear on Ellen's show if she would have still got the 10K?

Charity on parade is egotism and it gets ratings. $10k is a pretty cheap gag considering she got that girl to cry on cue.

So when conservatives brag about how they give more to charity than Libs, I guess they're doing it for political gain? :lol::lol:

So when conservatives brag about how they give more to charity than Libs, I guess they're doing it for political gain? :lol::lol:

It's an established fact that as a whole conservatives give far more to charity than libs, but most of us do it anonymously. We don't videotape ourselves writing checks to Feed The Children or Wounded Warriors, we just do it, quietly.

Ellen likes to bully pretty straight blondes

tumblr_inline_mg2pt3HuA61r5r8pd.gif

Last edited:

It's an established fact that as a whole conservatives give far more to charity than libs, but most of us do it anonymously. We don't videotape ourselves writing checks to Feed The Children or Wounded Warriors, we just do it, quietly.

An established fact? Do you have actual facts to back that up (with links?). What charities ask whether you are a Republican or Democrat when you donate? It is assumed that most church giving is from conservatives but there are many Libs that go to church and contribute, too. Also, if it wasn't tax deductible, would conservatives give as much as they claim they do? But, all that aside, giving money to the Symphony, art galleries, golf associations and churches is not giving to charity.

As for doing it quietly, sure you do, that's why the story based on some right winger's opinion (without facts to back it up) was being circulated in every Forum, because it was being done anonymously! :lol::lol:

Also, is that why Palin's contribution was made public, because it was anonymous?

It's like Sarah Palin's eBay page read my mind! For the next week, you can bid on a private dinner for five with Sarah Palin. As of this writing, the bidding is over $38,000. Palin will donate the entire winning bid to Ride 2 Recovery, an organization that assists in the mental and physical rehabilitation of wounded veterans.
Dinner With Sarah Palin On eBay, Proceeds Go To Charity

I know Samaritan's Purse shoe boxes is such a secret.

According to the IRS (the U.S. tax authority), in 2010 Samaritan’s Purse paid Franklin Graham a staggering $561,000.

That same year the organization received $10 million in U.S. government grants.

How many Christmas shoe boxes would Franklin Graham?s $561,000 annual Samaritan?s Purse salary fill? | Curious Presbyterian

That's why the Bush Admin made sure to announce the Cheney's contributions to charity, because they didn't want anyone to know?

On April 14th the White House issued a press release in which it described the details of Vice President and Mrs. Cheney's 2005 federal income tax return. The release stated the Cheneys made charitable contributions totaling $6.8 million, which represented 77% of their adjusted gross income for the year. The gifts were made by an independent gift administrator to three charities to satisfy an irrevocable gift agreement the Cheneys established in 2001.
Vice President and Mrs. Cheney Too Generous? | Planned Giving Design Center

And supporting charities is not the same as donating to them.

Sometimes supporting them brings in more money than what would be donated to them by a celeb........:eusa_whistle:

Oh, bullshit. Bullshit *ignore me, M; this isn't aimed at you.* Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.

Until these idiots are accomplishing things on the level of say Oprah or Ellen, they sound like a bunch of gnats having a shit fit.

"Supporting is not the same as donating."

Yeah, because obviously that $10k to the waitress was Ellen's first donation. We would have heard about the rest. Right?

GodDAMN for idiocy, Politico takes the cake.

:cuckoo:

Nobodies bitching about Ellen's charitable works, they're questioning when it is accompanied by a PR campaign.

As I questioned earlier, if the blonde waitress refused to come on Ellen's show, would she still get the 10k and the 5'x10' check??

I'm thinking no.

An another thing, Ellen does these kind of things on a regular basis on her show. Does the money come out of her own pocket or is it a line item production expense of the show?

Last edited:
and we see why the values of Alfalfa and pennywise are fail

Ellen is the real thing, and they are simply not

Everyone needs to take a close look ast this "check" Ellen gave the blonds waitress.

Screen-Shot-2013-10-19-at-7.35.17-PM.png

In the upper left hand corner, where the "payee" goes, it says "Shutterfly".

Who is "Shutterfly" Why a major sponsor of the Ellen D show. Obviously, this is a sponsor/marketing gimmick dreamed up by Shutterfly in relation to their sponsorship of the show. Also obviously, it isn't Ellen giving the money, it's Shutterfly.

So..

1. Why is Ellen signing the check? Is he a cosignor on the Shutterfly marketing account?
2. Why does EVERY SINGLE PR puff piece put out by this photo op say that "Ellen DeJeneres gave a poor single mother waitress 10k"?

None of this 10k came out of Ellen's pocket, it all came out of her sponsors marketing budget. And I'm going to assume EVERY SINGLE OTHER PR STUNT OF THIS KIND ON ELLEN'S SHOW is the same.

This is nothing more then a marketing/PR stunt. It's the same as when a corp like Exxon put's out commercials telling the public how wonderful they are when it comes to environmental issues.

Why do they do it? Because it works...on people like who are posting on this thread.

So the critics of this obviously questionable "act of charity" are vindicated and those gushing about how wonderful Ellen is have spittle on your chin.

Not one dime of ANY of these acts of charity has come out of Ellen's own pocket.

But I can point to about a hundred media articles that claim it is so.

Rubes...what are you going to do?

So, the question is why is Ellen signing these gigantic PR checks as if it is HER giving the money? And it isn't her, why is her PR machine churning out press releases saying it WAS her?

And if it is all a lie, what does that say about your wonderful Ellen?

So, the question is why is Ellen signing these gigantic PR checks as if it is HER giving the money? And it isn't her, why is her PR machine churning out press releases saying it WAS her?

And if it is all a lie, what does that say about your wonderful Ellen?

It's a great human interest story, sponsored by...

"And don't forget viewers, that $10,000 is the standard ad rate, but rather than a 30 second snippet, Shutterfly™ got 10 minutes of a television billboard, and I got to act like the Queen of Caring."

-Ellen

Everyone needs to take a close look ast this "check" Ellen gave the blonds waitress.

Screen-Shot-2013-10-19-at-7.35.17-PM.png

In the upper left hand corner, where the "payee" goes, it says "Shutterfly".

Who is "Shutterfly" Why a major sponsor of the Ellen D show. Obviously, this is a sponsor/marketing gimmick dreamed up by Shutterfly in relation to their sponsorship of the show. Also obviously, it isn't Ellen giving the money, it's Shutterfly.

So..

1. Why is Ellen signing the check? Is he a cosignor on the Shutterfly marketing account?
2. Why does EVERY SINGLE PR puff piece put out by this photo op say that "Ellen DeJeneres gave a poor single mother waitress 10k"?

None of this 10k came out of Ellen's pocket, it all came out of her sponsors marketing budget. And I'm going to assume EVERY SINGLE OTHER PR STUNT OF THIS KIND ON ELLEN'S SHOW is the same.

This is nothing more then a marketing/PR stunt. It's the same as when a corp like Exxon put's out commercials telling the public how wonderful they are when it comes to environmental issues.

Why do they do it? Because it works...on people like who are posting on this thread.

So the critics of this obviously questionable "act of charity" are vindicated and those gushing about how wonderful Ellen is have spittle on your chin.

Not one dime of ANY of these acts of charity has come out of Ellen's own pocket.

But I can point to about a hundred media articles that claim it is so.

Rubes...what are you going to do?

You may be right that it's a publicity stunt, but the fact is that people here coming down on Ellen are only doing it because she's not a conservative/Republican - and the fact that Republicans do the same thing is what makes their whining so hypocritical, as I showed on a post to Penny......

But, Ellen could have used other means to promote publicity for herself, and the waitress would have been out $10k. Regardless of where it came from, it is money that Ellen help generate, and chose to give it to a waitress for doing a good deed, which in and of itself is also a good deed.

Forum List

Back