Embrace Adversity

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
280px-Great_Wave_off_Kanagawa2.jpg

In the portfolio I take to and from work, I keep a postcard of the print by Hiroshige to remind myself to Embrace Adversity.

The fishermen can either complain or rue their existence or they can accept that weather plays a large role in the life of a fisherman and when you make friends with it, you'll live a better life.

We're all -- well I can talk about all, I can only talk about myself. I've had challenges, adversity and made a TON of unforced errors in my life. Every time I think that "if only I had done x instead of Y" I know that I'm lying to myself. My life wouldn't have been any easier or better if I was free from trouble and adversity.

It's the Adversity that shapes us, that molds us and guides us. The sword smith has to heat the blade then pound it into shape, or it's just some piece of metal. I'm no different.

I'm challenged each and every day. When I forget I'm challenged, or when I think My Bravely Bold Sir Robin crossing the bridge "This is Easy!" thought. Whap!

Embrace Adversity. Make peace with yourself and your universe. Be the stable Center of it.

While I understand the point I think the focus is wrong. It's getting full of yourself that's the problem and that is what leads to adversity. Another biggie is misanalysis. Self-examination is greatly underrated.

Forum List

Back