Ender's Game #1 at the box office

28m is a very weak opening week in a generally weak opening week crowd.

Bad critics reviews. 57/100. That's a killer. Next week drops below 15m, then 5m, then buh bye.

Watch it while you can.

Last edited:
I guess I should maybe read the book(s).

I read Ender's Game as an adult. As I read it, I quickly realized it is a book for kids, the way the Twilight and Harry Potter books are. I don't think I even bothered to finish it.

• Banned

I read Ender's Game as an adult. As I read it, I quickly realized it is a book for kids, the way the Twilight and Harry Potter books are. I don't think I even bothered to finish it.

See, I read every Potter book word-for-word. I love those books. Twilight sucked.

I have another series I'm supposed to start shortly that apparently was also written for all ages, but bleep if I can remember what.

Out of 5 stars....on it's own, nevermind the book - 3 1/2 stars. It is ok, entertaining enough but lacks depth and character development.
Out of 5 stars...as a film version of the book - 2 stars. I did not expect to follow the book real closely. But it was like going to Hawaii and never leaving the hotel room...it skipped so much of the book and rushed through the storyline so much that I left feeling cheated out of $20.

Looks like a movie for tweens, no thanks.

That could be part of the lower head count.
The "Ender" series books are definitely not adolescent in nature beyond the first book.
"Speaker for the Dead" and "Xenocide" are complex novels, especially Xenocide. Maaaybe 10% of teen readers could begin to comprehend them.

Dunno, maybe I'm weird. I had to sit through the hunger games with my daughter and actually enjoyed it. Reminded me of Blade Runner for some stupid reason.

See, I read every Potter book word-for-word. I love those books. Twilight sucked.

I have another series I'm supposed to start shortly that apparently was also written for all ages, but bleep if I can remember what.

I liked the Potter books as well as the movies.

and Vampires don't sparkle.

One has to remember that some of the animosity towards Ender's Game the movie is really directed at the Author of the books, due to his past and current positions on the Liberal holy grail, gay marriage.

I don't know, BD.

Does an author's politics matter to you when it comes to deciding whether or not to read his or her books?

Loved the books Enders Game and Enders Shadow....

I have little doubt that it would be very difficult to make this into a movie and stick straight to the book. Remember that the book takes us from Ender as a 6 year old all the way into the teen years. And much of the book is what he is thinking. Hard to show what someone is thinking on screen....

But yes i want to see the movie. Haven't read any of the other Ender books though I should.

I have little doubt that it would be very difficult to make this into a movie and stick straight to the book. Remember that the book takes us from Ender as a 6 year old all the way into the teen years. And much of the book is what he is thinking. Hard to show what someone is thinking on screen....

But yes i want to see the movie. Haven't read any of the other Ender books though I should.

Read Speaker of the Dead friend...best one of the series.

Read Speaker of the Dead friend...best one of the series.

I'll have to get the rest of the series....

Forum List

Back