CDZ Endorsing State Retaliation

No. Because you’re playing coy. You know full well that Kyrie Irving was banned from playing home games because he refused to get vaccinated. It was a pretty big story. Pretty sure that punished the Nets. Boston did not impose such rules on its players for example.

Was that rule/law only for the Nets or did it cover everyone on NJ?

100%

But the left does it. I give you the New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets.
Of course they do. I've been clear that this isn't a Republican problem. And my biggest fear is what Democrats will do with this of we accept as legitimate practice.

I do not think the first one is a good example. The IRS was breaking the law doing what they did and it came to light and they had to stop.

Nobody has changed section 230 and it was not targeting a single company.

What we have in Fla is a bill being passed for the state reason to punish a company for exercising their free speech
The first is a great example....The unlawful use of the machinations of The State in order to persecute others is despotic as hell....There's nobody seeking any benefit from anyone...The right to free speech is absolute.

As far as Disney is concerned, their job is supposed to be family entertainment, not partisan politics....They want to engage in partisan political wrangling, then they deal with the consequences of it insofar as their special privileges extended to them from The State are concerned.....Make a deal with the devil and you can suck on it.

The first is a great example....The unlawful use of the machinations of The State in order to persecute others is despotic as hell....There's nobody seeking any benefit from anyone...The right to free speech is absolute.

It would only be a great example if the law was changed making waht the IRS did legal

The "punishment" is a consequence for the action....Nobody got in the way of the action.
I hear that all the time from dems, and it find it an utterly specious conception of individual rights. It renders the concept null and void.

In your opinion. Not in mine

Fair, it is my opinion. I am against the Govt giving tax credits for having kids or going to college or paying for a home and all the other reasons they do it.

But I would never support the Govt taking it away from some people and not other based upon if they agree with the Govt.

The "punishment" is a consequence for the action....Nobody got in the way of the action.

So, if they put you in jail for posting bad things about Biden it is cool since nobody got in the way you doing that action?

Fair, it is my opinion. I am against the Govt giving tax credits for having kids or going to college or paying for a home and all the other reasons they do it.

But I would never support the Govt taking it away from some people and not other based upon if they agree with the Govt.
OK the Govt is just elected people so elect different ones. I dislike Vaccine and mask mandates but I have to live with them.

I hear that all the time from dems, and it find it an utterly specious conception of individual rights. It renders the concept null and void.
City of NY caused Kyrie Irving and the Nets to lose significant monies because they would not comply. No other US based NBA teams had such restrictions. You mentioned Obama in your OP. This has been happening for years. So Disney gets what it deserves. I just shrug.

How about this?....You surrender your rights when you stick out your hand for benefits and privileges.

Is ther some difficulty in understanding that?
Yes. It's a no win situation. The government takes our money in the form of taxes, and you're saying we must surrender our rights to get it back. No thanks.

Forum List

Back