CDZ Endorsing State Retaliation

Going to The State for favors and privileges gives them that power to wield.

Life's tough, shit happens, wear a helmet.

Being tax exempt is a favor from the state. Should the state Govt be allowed to remove this from every church that disagrees with gay marriage laws or abortion laws?

I am not an attorney or expert on the constitution. Point to where it says that. Thanks.

You have never read the 1st amendment? Really? Well shit that explains a lot.

Here is it for you.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

You have never read the 1st amendment? Really? Well shit that explains a lot.

Here is it for you.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
How is Fla limiting Disneys free speech? Please walk me through this. Guess we are not being civilized. OK

dblack I did not start this.

How is Fla limiting Disneys free speech? Please walk me through this. Guess we are not being civilized. OK

I am being civilized. They are limiting Disney's free speech by punishing them for exercising it.

If the Govt put you in jail for saying bad things about Biden would that be limiting your free speech?

They're in the OP....Mebby you should review that before asking such a foolish question again.

I do not think the first one is a good example. The IRS was breaking the law doing what they did and it came to light and they had to stop.

Nobody has changed section 230 and it was not targeting a single company.

What we have in Fla is a bill being passed for the state reason to punish a company for exercising their free speech

They haven't dared to yet....That's the point.
But it's been used, repeatedly, as a threat. Any time a religious group gets "too big for its britches", grandstanding politicians roll it out. That's the cruel irony of the religious tax exemption. It uses the First Amendment to justify a policy used to violate a church's freedom of speech.

Forum List

Back