English should be the official language?

Should English be America's Official Language

• Yes

Votes: 34 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Don't know/Don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As far as being misinformed...look who's talking. .

I'm talking. You, in your ignorance, didn't know that demonstrating a degree of proficiency in English (capital 'E' you fucking idiot) IS part of the immigration process. You went on to try and draw several illogical conclusions from your ignorance and base stupidity. So yeah, look who is talking.

You must be a professional fag. You've obviously licked so much o-ring in your life, that all you DO is talk shit.

I think that if you live in America, you should speak English. It is a completely fair expectation. It will better your future in America if you learn the English language.

And that's the way it is. Most immigrants do learn English and it is required for citizenship. However, many immigrants, like many Americans have difficulty in learning another language. Penalizing people and denying them access to Govt assistance that they pay taxes for is just plain vindictive.
We have gone over 200 years without making English the official language. There is no reason to do so now

we're not in honduras now are we?

I am and the question was directed at me personally so it made you look pretty foolish.

If your concern was for honduras, then why worry about the topic of this thread?

I am a tax paying US citizen born and bred and lived in the US all my life..yeah it is my concern this very topic. I moved to Honduras for other reasons than because it is my concern. Also, I didn't stay where I came from because where I came from is Dallas, Texas...so what was that about wealthy staying where they came from? Also, I am not wealthy I am middle class.

Lower at best. And Texas huh? but not mexican?:doubt: What taxes do you pay to America in honduras? why did you leave? La Migra I'll bet. In any case who cares, I just like getting under the skin of assholes like you and apparently it doesn't take much, right fao?

Spanish is the official language of Mexico

There isn't just one official language of Mexico, there are 68 official langauges of Mexico...so that deflates your argument.

Oracle, you seem to think that only Hondurans live in Honduras. In fact, there are a great variety of people here including AMERICANS, CANADIANS, and EUROPEANS that are ex pats. Yahoo groups even has a group called Honduras living exclusively for ex pats from the US that live in Honduras. Seems you need to learn a few things before you talk about who is or is not educated. I am college eduated and went to a university in the state of Georgia. That however, is not the topic, the topic of this thread is English being the official language..and since Puerto Rico is a territory of the US how do you figure that the language being there is Spanish is going to jive with an official language of English? Second, in the US a person can speak in whatever the damn hell language they want to.....since there are curse words in there perhaps you can understand the structure.

Wow you got me all wrong. I know not all people there are from honduras. Take for instance, YOU. You are from Texas and you are a mexicant. and as far as college...BIG DEAL. I'm college educated too. I graduated from Syracuse. I noticed however that you didn't NAME your "community" college, nor did you give me a major and minor. Keep in mind, horticulture doesn't count as education. Anyone can cut grass, granted you guys have the market cornered, but I digress.

I think that if you live in America, you should speak English. It is a completely fair expectation. It will better your future in America if you learn the English language.

If you live in America? Or if you live in the USA? America is a continent, the USA is the country in the Americas. While it will better your future it should not be a law...no one should be forced to speak anything they don't want to.

And google strikes again.

If you live in America? Or if you live in the USA? America is a continent

No, North- and South America are continents. America/American are known to any not retarded to refer to the United States of America and the people thereof.
, the USA is the country in the Americas.

There's only one country in the Americas?
no one should be forced to speak anything they don't want to.
Nobody's advocating any such thing. You're more than welcome to keep your mouth shut.

Loan words huh? when are we due to return them?

Are you enjoying your ignorance? Getting all that 'bliss'?

stop it alien. you don't even know what ignorance is. Your inability to stifle yourself is proof positive. Oh, and just so you know, while you think you have a fan base, most of your "champions" wouldn't want you in their neighborhood, not because you're mexican (which you clearly are) but because a face like yours brings down property values. Sorry fao.

Oh, hey now. If the inability to stifle oneself is proof positive of ignorance, 3/4 of the board just got pwned.

Judging by the length of this thread, I'm assuming it's been hijacked all to hell by now so my answer probably won't make sense. But yes, English should be declared the official language of the U.S. government.

stop it alien. you don't even know what ignorance is. Your inability to stifle yourself is proof positive. Oh, and just so you know, while you think you have a fan base, most of your "champions" wouldn't want you in their neighborhood, not because you're mexican (which you clearly are) but because a face like yours brings down property values. Sorry fao.

We have already established that you are very, very, very bad at guessing. No need to keep proving the point by being wrong again and again and again as you are in the above post.

As far as being misinformed...look who's talking. .

I'm talking. You, in your ignorance, didn't know that demonstrating a degree of proficiency in English (capital 'E' you fucking idiot) IS part of the immigration process. You went on to try and draw several illogical conclusions from your ignorance and base stupidity. So yeah, look who is talking.

You must be a professional fag. You've obviously licked so much o-ring in your life, that all you DO is talk shit.

Do you really think that distracted anyone from all of your errors, idiot?

we're not in honduras now are we?

I am and the question was directed at me personally so it made you look pretty foolish.

If your concern was for honduras, then why worry about the topic of this thread?

I am a tax paying US citizen born and bred and lived in the US all my life..yeah it is my concern this very topic. I moved to Honduras for other reasons than because it is my concern. Also, I didn't stay where I came from because where I came from is Dallas, Texas...so what was that about wealthy staying where they came from? Also, I am not wealthy I am middle class.

Lower at best. And Texas huh? but not mexican?:doubt: What taxes do you pay to America in honduras? why did you leave? La Migra I'll bet. In any case who cares, I just like getting under the skin of assholes like you and apparently it doesn't take much, right fao?

Texas yes...born in Dallas, Texas and raised in Amarillo, Texas. No, I am not Mexican, I am half Cherokee Indian. What taxes do I pay? Well if you knew anything about tax law you would know that even though I live in Honduras as a US citizen I am required by law to file and pay taxes and I pay at a higher rate than folks who live stateside. Why would la migra bother me? Not in the least since I am US born and I am a Native American as well as my parents and grandparents who were born on the rez. You don't bother me, you just keep digging yourself in deeper and making yourself look more foolish.

Spanish is the official language of Mexico

There isn't just one official language of Mexico, there are 68 official langauges of Mexico...so that deflates your argument.

Oracle, you seem to think that only Hondurans live in Honduras. In fact, there are a great variety of people here including AMERICANS, CANADIANS, and EUROPEANS that are ex pats. Yahoo groups even has a group called Honduras living exclusively for ex pats from the US that live in Honduras. Seems you need to learn a few things before you talk about who is or is not educated. I am college eduated and went to a university in the state of Georgia. That however, is not the topic, the topic of this thread is English being the official language..and since Puerto Rico is a territory of the US how do you figure that the language being there is Spanish is going to jive with an official language of English? Second, in the US a person can speak in whatever the damn hell language they want to.....since there are curse words in there perhaps you can understand the structure.

Wow you got me all wrong. I know not all people there are from honduras. Take for instance, YOU. You are from Texas and you are a mexicant. and as far as college...BIG DEAL. I'm college educated too. I graduated from Syracuse. I noticed however that you didn't NAME your "community" college, nor did you give me a major and minor. Keep in mind, horticulture doesn't count as education. Anyone can cut grass, granted you guys have the market cornered, but I digress.

I went to Moorehouse and University of Georgia, any more stupid questions? Had you bothered to read up a bit I have already mentioned that I was pre med in another thread, but why does it matter what I studied? I don't find the need to brag like you seem to which means to me that you are a third rate liar...those who shout and insult the most usually are compensating for their own inabilities.

Wishing some people would take their food fight to the Flame Zone so we could discuss this topic as I believe it is an important one.

America was built, explored, settled, and developed by immigrants. Most came to this country legally with a great deal of personal risk and with no resources other than their resourcefulness and willingness to work for a living. The welfare state did not exist until we were well into the 20th Century. The immigrants expected nothing from their new country but the ability to make a new life for themselves here. And they did.

To become citizens, they also expected to learn the basics of U.S. law, learn something of U.S. history, be familiar with the content of the U.S. Constitution, know enough English to be able to read signs and communicate at least in the basics, and take their oath of allegiance to this country in English.

Each one added some extra flavor to the soup, but immigrants were mostly seamlessly integrated into the unqiuely American culture. Many experienced discrimination from folks who didn't want them competing for housing and jobs, but they persevered, did not expect anybody to fight their battles for them, and they became proud Americans that have been a tremendous asset.

Compare that to what we now have. People who demand that they retain their old country ways and flag that must be respected, who demand that we communicate with them in the language they brought, and who scorn American history, culture, and ethic. (Which makes me wonder why in the hell they didn't just stay in the old country?) But then we have a whole crop of Americans coming up who don't know our history, our constitution, can barely speak decent English, and who scorn American history, culture, and ethic.

Borders, language, culture define what a country is and brings out the best that it has. When we lose any of that, we become something very different than what we were.

..in Japan it is a requirement of their schools to learn at least 5 languages and one of the is usually English. .

Are you nuts? It is not a requirement in Japan to learn 5 languages. English however, is not "usually," but always a required course.

Where the hell do you get this stuff?

It is a shame that this post was not responded to.

Forum List

Back