Enter the Age of Censorship, FCC circumvents Congress to classify internet as Public Utility

Of course, your entire position becomes bullshit when we admit that some content providers have been throttled. Let's be honest, Comcast and Time Warner don't really care about bandwidth issues. They care that Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, and the like are cutting into their cable profits. So they want to charge for it.

Your post has to be one of the stupidest posts ever put on the board. Network providers don't care about bandwidth? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You don't have a fucking clue what any of this is about.

Last edited:
And if one eyed, one horned, flying, purple people-eaters have the chance, they'll eat people. But there's no use in speculating on fantasies that aren't happening, so how about you stick to reality. The FCC hasn't repealed any legislation.

Correct, they have simply changed the Internet classification so that it falls under the 1934 Telecommunications act. Ironically, telephone service remains under the 1996 act.

Why?

The FCC now has the authority to regulate content; what makes you so certain they will not?
That's right...if the FCC have the power to unilaterally repeal legislation then they will certainly have the power of censorship.

And if one eyed, one horned, flying, purple people-eaters have the chance, they'll eat people. But there's no use in speculating on fantasies that aren't happening, so how about you stick to reality. The FCC hasn't repealed any legislation.
Oh...that's what Uncensored told me would happen.
Gosh.

Of course, your entire position becomes bullshit when we admit that some content providers have been throttled. Let's be honest, Comcast and Time Warner don't really care about bandwidth issues. They care that Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, and the like are cutting into their cable profits. So they want to charge for it.

You're has to be one of the stupidest posts ever put on the board. Network providers don't care about bandwidth? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You don't have a fucking clue what any of this is about.

Where did I say anything about network providers? Comcast and Time Warner are service providers. Thank god someone around here has a clue what they're talking about.

Why?

The FCC now has the authority to regulate content; what makes you so certain they will not?
That's right...if the FCC have the power to unilaterally repeal legislation then they will certainly have the power of censorship.

Oh...that's what Uncensored told me would happen.
Gosh.

Oh well it's just gonna happens sometimes I guess. I was going to tell unhinged to go fuck himself but a little FCC Censor popped up on my screen and ex'ed out my entire comment!

It's the honest truth!!!!!!

Where did I say anything about network providers? Comcast and Time Warner are service providers. Thank god someone around here has a clue what they're talking about.

Wow, you really have no idea at all how any of this works, yet you feel compelled to have an opinion.

Oh well it's just gonna happens sometimes I guess. I was going to tell unhinged to go fuck himself but a little FCC Censor popped up on my screen and ex'ed out my entire comment!

So, what you're saying then is that more government is better, total government is perfect?

So, what you're saying then is that more government is better, total government is perfect?
Yeah, that's exactly how I read his post as well!

We should dismantle the FCC to allow unfettered capitalism. It's dogma.

I really see no purpose for the FCC.

Wildcat CB Radio stations broadcasting anti-Roosevelt messages isn't high on my list of things to worry about.

It's exactly what I meant, but alas, it was not to be, for total government it would have re-written my post.

There really is no other way TO read it.

It's exactly what I meant, but alas, it was not to be, for total government it would re-written my post.

Looking at the 802.3 standard, can you explain layer 1 of the OSI model and how the FCC ruling affects it?

Or absent that, just post memes from the Soros hate sites...

I really see no purpose for the FCC.

Wildcat CB Radio stations broadcasting anti-Roosevelt messages isn't high on my list of things to worry about.
I'm sure you don't which is why you're a partisan joke. It's all good for providers to charge consumers surcharges to not intentionally slow down service. Of course you support that.

There really is no other way TO read it.
Oh, sure...I TOTALLY agree.
It's all about reading between the lines.

I'm sure you don't which is why you're a partisan joke. It's all good for providers to charge consumers surcharges to not intentionally slow down service. Of course you support that.

You don't even know the difference between the ISP and the Network providers. This ruling does nothing to change your ISP, who can still charge your for tiers of service.

sbr022715dAPR20150227034530.jpg

It's where the rubber meets the road.

You Soros drones post from a position of extreme ignorance. :thup:

Ignorance is the most powerful and important attribute of the left.

Oh no that layer is where the work of the internet is actually done. Streaming bits from one device to another........Rubber, road. Not a hard concept. Unless of course you have a different goal.

Forum List

Back