🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Equity in education...well

Here’s another angle to the disaster the Left is foisting on our best and brightest: putting ALL students in the gifted class! Yay, equity!

At Wagner Middle School in New York (where city-wide only 37% of students are proficient in math), ALL 7th students are being placed in “advanced” math classes. This is the backdoor way to killing off TRUE advanced classes.

What's the line from the Incredibles?

When everyone is "Super", no one is.

AP classes are being cancelled throughout liberal jurisdictions for the same reason that high schools throughout Northern Virginia hid from students the fact they were named merit scholars: because they are mostly white.
Leftists are desperate to dumb down the curriculum and suppress the advantages that gifted students have - all in the name of “equity.” Discouraging our best and brightest students is the primary way to lower the caliber of the entire country.
People who vote for the nonsense the Democrats are pushing are either a) evil or b) stupid.
Low IQ = stupid (that's an easy one, then again, "evil" can be part of their plan too)

AP classes are being cancelled throughout liberal jurisdictions for the same reason that high schools throughout Northern Virginia hid from students the fact they were named merit scholars: because they are mostly white.

Leftists are desperate to dumb down the curriculum and suppress the advantages that gifted students have - all in the name of “equity.” Discouraging our best and brightest students is the primary way to lower the caliber of the entire country.

People who vote for the nonsense the Democrats are pushing are either a) evil or b) stupid.
Actually they are BOTH evil & stupid. But there's a lot of them and they vote for evil & stupid policies.

Can you give me some examples so I can discuss it?
California's "de-tracking" experience that blended high-achiever and low-achievers in the same classroom. After nearly 10 years, it demonstrated that neither group benefited (it set back high-achievers and did little to advance low-achievers). Both groups had equitable outcomes.

Do you not follow the educational disaster in California for at least the last decade?

California's "de-tracking" experience that blended high-achiever and low-achievers in the same classroom. After nearly 10 years, it demonstrated that neither group benefited (it set back high-achievers and did little to advance low-achievers). Both groups had equitable outcomes.
Do you not follow the educational disaster in California for at least the last decade?
CA used to be great, now its a liberal shit-hole that people are abandoning.

There is a difference between real AP classes and fake/woke AP classes.
That's the problem when trying to "dumb down" and "indoctrinate" students.

By canceling AP math and science classes democrats are in-fact burning those books in the name of "equity".

So if you have a gifted student the only option real PARENTS have is to suck it up and send them to a private school.
The public schools will continue to be "holding pens".
Who is canceling math and science AP classes?

You couldn't say it is limited mostly to California?
Its not just CA. They were pushing this "equity" bullshit in VA, FL, and a few other states where the governors are pushing back.
The scary part is where the governors are NOT pushing back, how many places is that?
You were a teacher, do you believe in advanced studies, or "dumbing down" everyone for "equity"?

Its not just CA. They were pushing this "equity" bullshit in VA, FL, and a few other states where the governors are pushing back.
The scary part is where the governors are NOT pushing back, how many places is that?
You were a teacher, do you believe in advanced studies, or "dumbing down" everyone for "equity"?
At a public school in Manhattan, they placed ALL seventh graders in what they are terming the “advanced math” class. This in a city where only a third of kids are proficient in the subject.

Putting all kids in advanced classes is the same as cancelling the advanced classes. And this is all being done because blacks score lower and whites score higher, and they are trying to “equitize” the blacks.

You had one linkl from VA and the rest from CA.

You had one link from VA and the rest from CA.
So what? "Equity" is happening.
I'm not going to google every state to see if they have an "equity" agenda. You can if you want to.
Repeating my question:

Our district one required all 9th graders take AP government classes which was a senior class. The failure rate was astronomical. They fired the superintendent who came up with the idea.
NYU fired a famous professor because his "Organic Chemistry" class was too hard.

So what? "Equity" is happening.
I'm not going to google every state to see if they have an "equity" agenda. You can if you want to.
Repeating my question:

In other words, you have no clue as "equity" is happening in many schools across the US. In fact, you show that it is very limited.

The advanced classes were offered in just about every high school I taught at. Trying to get students to take these classes was another story. You would think that in a school of 3000 students, you could get 20 or so students to take AP Calculus. That was a struggle. Only because of an exceptional teacher, we had about 30 by the time I left. That took 10 years! I do not support "equity" as you describe it, but the highest level class I taught was Algebra II in 20 years. Students were not interested in a challenge. Higher level classes should always be available, but getting students to take them would probably be another story.

Forum List

Back