ERIC HOLDER goes to war to save vote for Texas Minorites

Do democrats understand how bigoted and racist it is to assume that Black people are unable to produce a photo I.D.? Slavery has been outlawed for more than 150 years. Isn't it time democrats let Black people off the government plantation?

I thought congress decided if we go to war... Fuck the Obama admin can't do anything right...

Do democrats understand how bigoted and racist it is to assume that Black people are unable to produce a photo I.D.? Slavery has been outlawed for more than 150 years. Isn't it time democrats let Black people off the government plantation?

I think it has to do more with income status in the rural areas. Why do you think it's just black people who these laws will effect?

I think it has to do more with income status in the rural areas. Why do you think it's just black people who these laws will effect?

Ask Jesse and Al.

Ask Jesse and Al.

Why, do they know Whitehall?

True every voter should have an ID.

In Texas it costs only $250, and is easily gotten at the nearest DMV - which is only 100 miles away, between 11:00AM and 1:30PM any Wednesday.

And you can use this valuable ID on voting day only, between 1:00pm and 3:00pm.

A gift from Rick Perry.

:)

Now back to reality:
Without a driver's license to show, a Texas ID card is your ticket to boarding an airplane, checking into a hotel, entering a bar, cashing a check, and many other day-to-day activities that require state-issued ID.
Visit any driver license office and complete an application. Be sure to bring the following:

Proof of identity.

Provide two proofs of Texas residency. One of the documents must prove that you've lived in Texas for a minimum of 30 days.

Cash or check to pay a $16 fee ($5 if you're older than 60).
Applying for a New Texas DMV Identification Card at DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple

Wait.... I thought the laws were focused on the Hispanics? .... or was it against those who can't work? The elderly? Of course you do realize there is still plenty of time until the next Congressional election to meet the voter ID equirements. Also with the Government already providing so much in the form of "entitlements", individual health care coverage, and funding towards the poor already, I'd say your responses are more of a desperate attempt to pull out any excuse or group out of the air.

Last edited:

Wait.... I thought the laws were focused on the Hispanics? .... or was it against those who can't work? The elderly? Of course you do realize there is still plenty of time until the next Congressional election to meet the voter ID equirements. Also with the Government already providing so much in the form of "entitlements", individual health care coverage, and funding towards the poor already, I'd say your responses are more of a desperate attempt to pull out any excuse or group out of the air.

The panel stressed that its ruling was confined specifically to the situation in Texas, especially the fact that those least able to obtain the required forms of photo IDs were among the poorest people in the state, along with the fact that, among the poor, the predominant number are either black or Hispanic. The opinion rejected a claim by Texas that, because either the Supreme Court or a lower federal court had upheld photo ID laws for voters in Indiana and Georgia, Texas should be also be allowed to have such a law. Neither Indiana nor Georgia has a sizable Hispanic population, compared to Texas, the panel noted. Moreover, the decision said, the laws in those two states are not nearly as demanding as the Texas law.

In another limitation that the Tatel opinion emphasized, the court said it was not casting doubt on photo ID requirements for voters as a general proposition, and stressed that states are free to adopt such laws even if there is no problem of fraud caused by voters seeking to cast ballots when they are not entitled to do so. States are entitled to pass such laws in order to improve the public’s confidence that elections will be conducted fairly, the decision said.

The three judges expressed deep skepticism about testimony offered in the case by competing experts for each side in the case, especially on whether photo ID laws actually cause reduced participation in voting and on whether the inability to obtain a photo ID to satisfy such a requirement is a widespread problem. But the judges said there was clear evidence in the record that, at least in Texas, the law is so restrictive that many individuals among the “working poor” would not be able to obtain an acceptable ID, or could not afford to do so. While poor people, as such, are not protected by the Voting Rights Act, the court noted, they are when their numbers are greatest among minorities, like blacks and Hispanics.

Texas voter ID law can?t take effect : SCOTUSblog

It should not be difficult to vote, nor cost one penny. be it an ID, some type of tax, nor wearing the right clothes or saying sir to the registrars. Voting should be one of the most easy and gratifying of our rights.

It should not be difficult to vote, nor cost one penny. be it an ID, some type of tax, nor wearing the right clothes or saying sir to the registrars. Voting should be one of the most easy and gratifying of our rights.

True.

Particularly when one is already register to vote, has already proven his identity when he registered, has voted in every election since he registered, and his name remains valid on the registration rolls.

True.
Particularly when one is already register to vote, has already proven his identity when he registered, has voted in every election since he registered, and his name remains valid on the registration rolls.
A question I have asked many times, and have yet to receive an answer...

Absent a valid photo ID, how do the poll workers verify that the person at the polling place claiming to be you is actually you?

Absent a valid photo ID, how do the poll workers verify that the person at the polling place claiming to be you is actually you

The point made many times that Republicans refuse to hear: it is the Republican OBSTRUCTIONS to obtaining a voter ID that is unconstitutional, not the requirement for an ID itself.

True.

Absent a valid photo ID, how do the poll workers verify that the person at the polling place claiming to be you is actually you?

Until now in Texas our voter registration card has been good enough. No photo required.

True.
Until now in Texas our voter registration card has been good enough. No photo required.
OK... but this doesn't answer my question.

The government that requires the ID or whatever, should issue the ID or whatever. Instead states can make new requirements each year and require who knows what; a photo, fingerprint or DNA sample. It could also fall into a questionable practice of a state accepting only an ID or whatever from a certain company, a company that contributed the most to the state's ruling party.
In short, states should issue the voter ID and issue it in a manner that is reasonably convenient, with no political chicanery to prevent the wrong people from voting.

Does that require so much intelligence to figure out?

In many countries, a card is mailed out to every registered voter, which is then presented at the voting place. The person's name is then crossed off the list of voters, ensuring that the person cannot vote again.

You pathetic brainwashed TV watchers have your brains tied up in such knots that you cannot see the obvious.

Does that require so much intelligence to figure out?
:lol:
In many countries, a card is mailed out to every registered voter, which is then presented at the voting place. The person's name is then crossed off the list of voters, ensuring that the person cannot vote again.
Yes... and this card has a name/address on it.
How does this card prove that the name on the card is that of the person that presents said card to the poll workers?

What's the beef about proving who you are with a photo State issued iD in order to vote? Christ, around where I live you have to have one to buy liquor and cigarettes. It's all horse shit. Typical liberal Democratic voter fraud.

Gee, did you think up this argument all by yourself? Horse shit is to deny that the GOP is behind voter suppression in the several states!

Here's the solution, have the Congress pass a law funding a voter ID law, and making presentation of said ID required six years after the passage of said bill. Include in the bill the type of ID necessary and make it freely available to every citizen who lacks one acceptable (Example, St. Driver's License or ID Card). During the six year hiatus provide each and every polling station in the several states with the funds for both outreach and to cull out voters who have died.

What's the beef about proving who you are with a photo State issued iD in order to vote? Christ, around where I live you have to have one to buy liquor and cigarettes. It's all horse shit. Typical liberal Democratic voter fraud.

Gee, did you think up this argument all by yourself? Horse shit is to deny that the GOP is behind voter suppression in the several states!
A commonly made, but never proven, claim that the laws that require a photo ID in order to vote are a GOP-implemeneted means to suppress minority voting.

I'd also include in a bill requiring voter ID a provision wherein the Poll Captain who denies someone the ability be required to sign a statement under penalty of perjury for his or her reason(s) and that the voter turned a way provided a copy with the Capt's Original Signature.

Forum List

Back