Estimating Jordan Peterson's IQ

Sherlock Holmes

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2024
I stumbled upon this last year, and it's worth listening to. The presenter estimates his IQ to be 115-120 and arrives at that estimate using reasonable inferences from known data.

Peterson claims an IQ of 150 though yet has never measured it.

I stumbled upon this last year, and it's worth listening to. The presenter estimates his IQ to be 115-120 and arrives at that estimate using reasonable inferences from known data.

Peterson claims an IQ of 150 though yet has never measured it.

First you have to define which IQ scale is used. Some of them define genius at about 130 while others go much higher.

Global web icon
Wikipedia
Intelligence quotient - Wikipedia

Intelligence quotient - Wikipedia

• Overview
  • History
  • Current tests
  • Reliability and validity
  • Genetics and environment
  • Interventions
  • Music
  • Brain anatomy

th

There are a variety of individually administered IQ tests in use in the English-speaking world. The most commonly used individual IQ test series is the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS) for adults and the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC) for school-age test-takers. Other commonly used individual IQ tests (some of which do not label their standard …

Peterson is generally accepted as just short of genius, or as exceptionally gifted. What number?

Maybe an important consideration for determining IQ would be the individuals 'aptitude'.

The question arises on whether or not a believer in god can ever rate as high as 'genius'?

Or conversely, can a non-believer be rated as 'genius'?

Peterson is generally accepted as just short of genius, or as exceptionally gifted. What number?
That's likely because people are not critical these days, they value presentation over content, he's a zero, intellectually empty, emperor's new clothes etc.
Maybe an important consideration for determining IQ would be the individuals 'aptitude'.

The question arises on whether or not a believer in god can ever rate as high as 'genius'?
Most of the people who drove the scientific revolution were creationists.
Or conversely, can a non-believer be rated as 'genius'?
IQ is over rated though, it measure one's ability to do IQ tests and that's about it.

Well, I know he knows what a woman is, so it has to be at least 60. Which is higher than 75% of his country.

That's likely because people are not critical these days, they value presentation over content, he's a zero, intellectually empty, emperor's new clothes etc.
No, he's not that. I though you were interested in a decent discussion
Most of the people who drove the scientific revolution were creationists.

IQ is over rated though, it measure one's ability to do IQ tests and that's about it.
Perhaps overrated? I mentioned 'aptitude' but I think I'm wasting my time with you. If you reply can't clear my bar then we're finished.

Forum List

Back