Zone1 I am prepared to call Protestantism a cult

I believe it was in his letter to the Romans, Paul noted that God's law/way is written on the hearts of all. He noted that non-believers would be judged by their own hearts.

On Pentecost, the Holy Spirit descended on Church, and has been present since. My belief is that Jesus, through the Holy Spirit, reaches all at the place where they are. Remember how Jesus went out to people. Meddling with the churches, faith, beliefs of others, is meddling with the Holy Spirit, spitting on the Spirit's work.

Telling others what is wrong with them/their faith/their religion means a loss of opportunity to share how faith has worked/is working in one's own life.

We should all be able to note the ways God and his Holy Spirit is working in different faiths, different religions, different churches. This is his world, and he does make his presence known to those who have eyes that are not blind.
Which is why I am urging my brother to be very, very careful.

First, remember I have "Mommy Issues" so, I ask those I know (both in this life and those who have passed on) to pray with me. There have been amazing results both for them, and for me.

Jesus is who we pray to, who we focus on, in our prayers. If you mean, do I often pray to Jesus as an individual, the answer is all the time. The rosary is great for meditating on the Bible, great at directing and maintaining focus.
Jesus is my mediator between me and God. Thus, I have begun praying, "In your name, Jesus, I come to the Father", along with, "Father, in Jesus' name I come to your throne". It brings me into closer relationship with Him and focuses my heart on Him being an active part of my prayer life.

So you are testifying that your Catholic family persecutes Jews and throws out the Old Testament. Lovely, but then I suppose it is vital that someone point out the eight percent who follow in the ways of Judas are made up, even when they are family members.

You know nothing of the Catholic faith; you get both the Catechism and well known facts wrong. Not to mention, at times, the Bible.
You really need to stop putting words in my mouth. My family has never harmed a Jewish person, or ripped the OT out of the Bible. If 8% of Catholics follow Judas, and no Catholics I know follow Judas, then maybe you should re-evaluate your own family...

I know scripture, and I use it as the gold standard to either prove or disprove a religious matter.
I rely on it. And if someone professes that Peter was the first Pope, I will profess that Peter was dead for 300 years before the Catholic Church was established. When I read a post that says that Jesus started the Catholic Church, I will post that Jesus never went to Rome.
If scripture unnerves you then quit saying crazy shit that requires scripture to refute.

I will profess that Peter was dead for 300 years before the Catholic Church was established.
And you will either be proclaiming a lie or voicing ignorance. I'll call you on both. Stick to teaching your own faith, your own religion, your own church and there won't be this problem. You have no business with the Catholic Church. We are not hurting you.

If scripture unnerves you then quit saying crazy shit that requires scripture to refute.
Have you considered scripture unnerves you so much that you come up with your own intent instead of focusing on the intent of the original authors. Catch a clue.

lol. I fling scripture. I don't add to it or take away from it. It says what it says.
Peter was dead long before there was a Catholic church.
Peter started his church in Jerusalem, not Rome. He preached there for 15 years.
Christ did not start the Catholic church. He doesn't even mention it in Revelation because it didn't exist. He does address Paul's churches that actually did exist.
If scripture unnerved me, I certainly wouldn't keep posting it.

Rev. 2:1-7 To the angel of the church of:
Ephesus,
Smyrna,
Pergamon,
Thyatira,
Sardis,
Philadephia,
Laodicea

?

And of course Peter's church in Jerusalem:
Acts 2:41 Those who believed what Peter said were baptized and added to the church that day—about 3,000 in all.
^

10 days after Christ ascended.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back