Zone1 I am prepared to call Protestantism a cult

Point 7:30.. I didn't know that protestant pastor believed in once saved always saved..

Probably a lot of them do. it makes ZERO sense. Sin destroys your connection to God, esp mortal sin like adultery, fornication, masturbation, abortion............ mutilating your gender..

I'll bet 80% or more of the American population commits one or more of the above on a regular basis
A SIN IS A SIN. No mention of mortal sins- manmade rcc invention. ALL sin seperates us from God.

A SIN IS A SIN. No mention of mortal sins- manmade rcc invention. ALL sin seperates us from God.

Tautology. Sin means to be seperated from god. That's the same. The process of seperation starts before sins start. One god, one truth, one church. Anything else shows that Christians are sinful - for example because they are not able to communicate with each other and to find out what's really true. How is anyone able to believe in any Christian as long as Christians are not able to communicate with each other and to find out in this peaceful way what's true, wrong or not decideable?

This whole discussion here is somehow a sin - but we have to do this because otherwise we will never be able to find out what's wrong.

Last edited:
norwegen

There's several ways to read zechariah 14:2-4...

The split of the Mount of Olives could be the division of Jews who went into exile and those who stayed behind.

There's also There is a possible allusion to the commandment of God to His people in Zechariah 14:5 to “flee by the Valley of My mountains” in the Mount Olivet Discourse in Matthew 24.

Remember....all this could be first century history..I was never, ever taught the mount of Olives actually split in two.

“Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.”

And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: The city will be taken, houses will be plundered, women raped; half the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be removed from the city.
Then the LORD will go forth and fight against those nations, fighting as on a day of battle.

Do you know what you like to say with this text?

-----
It shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and it shall be lifted up above the hills; and peoples shall flow to it, and many nations shall come, and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths.” For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He shall judge between many peoples, and shall decide disputes for strong nations far away; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore
-----

-----

Last edited:

Forum List

Back