Europe as a whole is more violent than U.S. As a whole....even with gun restrictions....

Declaring victory? This isn't a contest, I was just asking you to back up your claims with something more than asking others to look it up.

For your pdf it looks to me like most countries in Europe are have lower stats/100k for rape,robbery, and murder. Assault there are European countries with more, and some with less.

http://www.civitas.org.uk/crime/crime_stats_oecdjan2012.pdf

Assaults that cause serious bodily injury 12 countries in Europe have much higher rates The US rate is 262 per 100000. the English and wales rate is 730 and Scotland is 1487.

So it seems adding guns to the equation turns assaults into murders
Wrong. As usual. We have a high murder rate because of Gangs that are taught to want to kill.
Gangs commit assaults also. Add a gun to the equation and assault becomes murder
That is the difference in having wide access to guns

Also from your pdf, sheesh US looks far worse for rape than most countries in Europe.

1wmaN0Y.png

Declaring victory? This isn't a contest, I was just asking you to back up your claims with something more than asking others to look it up.

For your pdf it looks to me like most countries in Europe are have lower stats/100k for rape,robbery, and murder. Assault there are European countries with more, and some with less.
12 countries have very much higher rates of assault then the US as for rapes England wales is nearly tied with the US. England wales and Scotland have much higher rates of violence then the US. I backed up my claim and you chose to ignore it, thanks for proving you are not interested in facts that disagree with your own opinion.

And I alredy provided a link to the fact that Europe overall has a much higher rate of overall crime.

I provided the fact that 12 Nations in Europe have much higher rates then the US. Ignore it all you want.
I will ignore it, because this thread is titled "Europe as a whole" is more violent than the US.

If I see a thread titled "12 of the 50 nations in Europe have more assaults than the US" I'll be sure to notify you so you can bring your excellent analysis into play.

Until then it is pretty clear that Europe as a whole is not more violent than the United States.

I provided the fact that 12 Nations in Europe have much higher rates then the US. Ignore it all you want.
I will ignore it, because this thread is titled "Europe as a whole" is more violent than the US.

If I see a thread titled "12 of the 50 nations in Europe have more assaults than the US" I'll be sure to notify you so you can bring your excellent analysis into play.

Until then it is pretty clear that Europe as a whole is not more violent than the United States.
And if your graph included England/Wales and Scotland the result would be much different.

You tell me, your brought that source into the thread.

Most telling is the fact you've been unable to find any aggregate index of violent crime, despite your assurances it can be googled. So you get various crimes, then focus only on assault, then decide Europe is 12 countries.

You tell me, your brought that source into the thread.

Most telling is the fact you've been unable to find any aggregate index of violent crime, despite your assurances it can be googled. So you get various crimes, then focus only on assault, then decide Europe is 12 countries.
Your link does NOT include England/Wales or Scotland which would raise the rate of your supposed claim. As it is your rate is almost as high as the US without the worst countries. Did you know Canada has more violent crime then the US as well, as does Australia?

Your link does NOT include England/Wales or Scotland which would raise the rate of your supposed claim. As it is your rate is almost as high as the US without the worst countries. Did you know Canada has more violent crime then the US as well, as does Australia?
Again it is your link, not mine. I followed NationMaster from you sourcing it, if you don't like it don't bring it into the thread.

Okay what is Canada's overall violent crime rate, and what is the United States? You could be right I have no idea, I just still haven't seen an overall violent crime stat listed.

Most of these comparisons are largely meaningless.
Whereas murder is largely clear cut, everything else suffers from the level of reporting and the definition of a particular crime in each country.

Forum List

Back