🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Evangelicals Have Higher-than-average Divorce Rates

How are they my "pet identity group"?

You are looking for a bashing point, admit it.
I'm looking at deflections away from the central fact, which is a per capita comparison of marriages...and you wanting to change the convo to relationships in general which is besides the underlying point because Marriage is an institution.

You want to use the info to bash evangelicals, but won't admit it.

I am trying to look into the numbers and the social factors that play into the numbers.

You probably don't even care about marriage, but are trying for a gotcha moment because evangelicals do. It's obvious from your use of the term "institution"

Nothing dumber than someone trying to be smarter than they actually are.
There's no gotchya necessary. The stats are the stats...that's the "there." A gotchya would be something like a veiled attempt to prove something else, by alluding to it.

No, I very clearly said that evangelicals are weirdos and culty in the very beginning of this thread. And now you're dumb enough to accuse me of trying to hide those sentiments...when I typed them outright.

Peas in a pod.

You still don't admit that you only care about this because it can be used to bash evangelicals. You admit to the bias, but not your actions.

It is sad how they act as though they really believe they are tricking someone, even as we call them on their bullshit, like ALL THE TIME.

I wonder if it is all the reinforcement they get from msm and pop culture? Rachel Maddow never gets called on her shit on her show, so it must work, right?

It's all about the "gotcha" moment for them.

I'm looking at deflections away from the central fact, which is a per capita comparison of marriages...and you wanting to change the convo to relationships in general which is besides the underlying point because Marriage is an institution.

I am trying to look into the numbers and the social factors that play into the numbers.

You probably don't even care about marriage, but are trying for a gotcha moment because evangelicals do. It's obvious from your use of the term "institution"

There's no gotchya necessary. The stats are the stats...that's the "there." A gotchya would be something like a veiled attempt to prove something else, by alluding to it.

No, I very clearly said that evangelicals are weirdos and culty in the very beginning of this thread. And now you're dumb enough to accuse me of trying to hide those sentiments...when I typed them outright.

Peas in a pod.

You still don't admit that you only care about this because it can be used to bash evangelicals. You admit to the bias, but not your actions.
Actions?

You're really weird.

I'm having a discussion on the internet.

I think evangelicals are weirdos and culty. I said that outright, and so it's no wonder to me that their divorce RATE (still a word you seem to have an issue with) is higher.

I'm asserting that it's no wonder, to me. The higher rate.

You have some sort of weird problem with that. I don't care about your problem, but I will continue to point out your odd deflection to "couples in general" because a certain type of coupling, a "Marriage," has a bad statistic for one of your identity groups.

your taking time to post about this IS an action, with words.

You are trying to make a bashing point, and all i am doing is pointing out your bashing is based on skewed data. Skewed by you to make it fit your narrative.
You do realize that "skewed data" is an opinion, right?

I didnt create the data to skew, either - - I merely pointed out my non-surprise because evangelicals are fuggin weirdos. The numbers support me, there.

Peas in a pod.

It is sad how they act as though they really believe they are tricking someone, even as we call them on their bullshit, like ALL THE TIME.

I wonder if it is all the reinforcement they get from msm and pop culture? Rachel Maddow never gets called on her shit on her show, so it must work, right?

Odd but...seems like you're the one looking for a gotchya, but in reverse. Weird how that happens when there's two points of view on an issue, huh marty? You really shouldn't drama-queen so hard about being disagreed with.

Peas in a pod.

Actions?

You're really weird.

I'm having a discussion on the internet.

I think evangelicals are weirdos and culty. I said that outright, and so it's no wonder to me that their divorce RATE (still a word you seem to have an issue with) is higher.

I'm asserting that it's no wonder, to me. The higher rate.

You have some sort of weird problem with that. I don't care about your problem, but I will continue to point out your odd deflection to "couples in general" because a certain type of coupling, a "Marriage," has a bad statistic for one of your identity groups.

your taking time to post about this IS an action, with words.

You are trying to make a bashing point, and all i am doing is pointing out your bashing is based on skewed data. Skewed by you to make it fit your narrative.
You do realize that "skewed data" is an opinion, right?

I didnt create the data to skew, either - - I merely pointed out my non-surprise because evangelicals are fuggin weirdos. The numbers support me, there.

Of course it is.

But again other cultures marry early as well, but you don't bitch about that because you only hate evangelicals.

Peas in a pod.

Odd but...seems like you're the one looking for a gotchya, but in reverse. Weird how that happens when there's two points of view on an issue, huh marty? You really shouldn't drama-queen so hard about being disagreed with.

I am pointing out flaws in your data intepretation. You can accept the information or ignore it at your leisure.

Sorry, I just don't hate a group of people like you do.

I only hate the Bee Gees.

Evangelicals are often like Catholics. No reading ability. Liars on a pulpit own them.
Marriage is a covenant with God and witnessed by many....except in Vegas.

No reading ability?

So, how come some of the highest PISA scores for reading in Europe come from Catholic Ireland & Catholic Poland?

Poland a leader in educational PISA scores?

I've actually never met an evangelical that wasn't super odd-seeming...like jehovah's witness sorta creepy

Jehovah's witnesses aren't evangelicals as the term is used in general practice.
The jehova witnesses in my area send super hot women to talk the b ible and recruit in my area. I like thier recruiting stratigy but they aint getting me to sign up.

Lucky you, I get these guys:

excuse-me-sir-do-you-have-time-to-talk-about-our-lord-and-savior-c3po-ewoks-star-wars.jpg
I get Alexis and Tabby a couple of realy nice looking ladies. I gotta admit I get a smile on my face as they come up the side walk. I have not seen them in a couple of weeks. Tabby is married Alexis is not, I wonder if they are trying to induce me with Alexis. Make that offer I might bite for a while any way. She could keep a fella warm at night I am here to tell ya!

I've heard too many horror stories about the JW's, although most of them involve people who grew up in the Church and then left. Their families basically cut contact off from them.
Ya, I do not know much about them. They kinda made me feel like they were taking book on me becuase they covered my likes real well with Tabby and Alexis. Kinda reminded me of my old baseball days. I knew the team had book on me pretty quick the way the would align defenses on me and they would never give me an up and in fast ball if they had scouted me.

Peas in a pod.

I am pointing out flaws in your data intepretation. You can accept the information or ignore it at your leisure.

You didnt flesh out any flaws in the data interpretation, you asserted flaws and they turned out to be a deflection.

1st, you don't understand what Rates are and why they're used to mitigate your point about more evangelicals GETTING married.
2nd, you didn't look back to a time-period when more non-evangelicals DID marry, and prove your assertion that the rates were higher for the non-evangelicals.

THAT would have been the beginning of what a defense of your point may have looked like, and you didn't do it leaving what you call a "flaw," a mere assertion.

There are still plenty of other holes in your assertions, but those are the easiest and until you prove you have some sort of intelligence to even BEGIN making an argument...that's all I really need to begin with.

Evangelicals Have Higher-than-average Divorce Rates, According to a Report Compiled by Baylor for the Council on Contemporary Families

Feb. 5, 2014

WACO, Texas (Feb. 5, 2014) -- Despite their strong pro-family values, evangelical Christians have higher than average divorce rates -- in fact, being more likely to be divorced than Americans who claim no religion, according to findings as cited by researchers from Baylor University.

The research is part of a new report released by the Council on Contemporary Families.

The council report coincides with the 50-year anniversary of the passage of the Civil Rights Act, which made it illegal to discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, national origin, religion or gender. The council's report, which included findings by a dozen researchers, dealt with changes in the past half century for each of the populations affected by the law: religious groups, racial and ethnic minorities and women.

Baylor's portion of the report dealt with 50 years of religious change, from 1964 to 2014. Other findings by Baylor were:

Evangelicals Have Higher-than-average Divorce Rates, According to a Report Compiled by Baylor for the Council on Contemporary Families

ABOUT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY

Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, characterized as having "high research activity" by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The university provides a vibrant campus community for approximately 15,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship.
------------------------------------------------
What do you have to say about this , Christians. There doesn't seem to be very many article about this as I assume the Evangelicals and Fundy's do not want to advertise it.:)
Not a huge surprise. As a group Evangelicals are intolerant, uncompromising, and judgemental. None of those things is conducive to long term relationships.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

Feb. 5, 2014

WACO, Texas (Feb. 5, 2014) -- Despite their strong pro-family values, evangelical Christians have higher than average divorce rates -- in fact, being more likely to be divorced than Americans who claim no religion, according to findings as cited by researchers from Baylor University.

The research is part of a new report released by the Council on Contemporary Families.

The council report coincides with the 50-year anniversary of the passage of the Civil Rights Act, which made it illegal to discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, national origin, religion or gender. The council's report, which included findings by a dozen researchers, dealt with changes in the past half century for each of the populations affected by the law: religious groups, racial and ethnic minorities and women.

Baylor's portion of the report dealt with 50 years of religious change, from 1964 to 2014. Other findings by Baylor were:

ABOUT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY

Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, characterized as having "high research activity" by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The university provides a vibrant campus community for approximately 15,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship.
What do you have to say about this , Christians. There doesn't seem to be very many article about this as I assume the Evangelicals and Fundy's do not want to advertise it.:)
Not a huge surprise. As a group Evangelicals are intolerant, uncompromising, and judgemental. None of those things is conducive to long term relationships.
It's not a surprise at all. And a lot of children of evangelical parents seem to develop a rebel-streak when they're in their teens...because of the toxic house-hold environment. Most religious folks are not evangelicals probably BECAUSE of shit like that.

You didnt flesh out any flaws in the data interpretation, you asserted flaws and they turned out to be a deflection.

1st, you don't understand what Rates are and why they're used to mitigate your point about more evangelicals GETTING married.
2nd, you didn't look back to a time-period when more non-evangelicals DID marry, and prove your assertion that the rates were higher for the non-evangelicals.

THAT would have been the beginning of what a defense of your point may have looked like, and you didn't do it leaving what you call a "flaw," a mere assertion.

There are still plenty of other holes in your assertions, but those are the easiest and until you prove you have some sort of intelligence to even BEGIN making an argument...that's all I really need to begin with.

You are the one making the point that this data shows how terrible evangelicals are. All I did was point out inconsistencies in the data and your interpretation of it.

Feb. 5, 2014

ABOUT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY

Coming from a progressive asshole who is intolerant, uncompromising, and judgemental your hypocrisy makes me fucking laugh.

You are the one making the point that this data shows how terrible evangelicals are. All I did was point out inconsistencies in the data and your interpretation of it.
You havent established the inconsistency, you merely asserted it and did not provide the relevant data to support your assertion.

Also, this data is not being used to show how terrible evangelicals are...it's merely evidence. It's not a case. You extrapolated that all on your own.

Evangelicals Have Higher-than-average Divorce Rates..

Of course they do! In a country which now hates, Christians, and does publicly frowns upon God.

Can you imagine the daily, colossal trials and tribulations?

Do they believe in the Bible, then they know that is no excuse at all.

Mat 5:11“Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.

12“Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

You havent established the inconsistency, you merely asserted it and did not provide the relevant data to support your assertion.

Also, this data is not being used to show how terrible evangelicals are...it's merely evidence. It's not a case. You extrapolated that all on your own.

You are using it to show how terrible evangelicals are.

Try and separate these different thoughts, Marty.

I think evangelicals are terrible, in a sense, but not in all sense. 100% truth.

I think that the sense evangelicals are terrible in, has dozens of reasons attached to it.

This OP is a drop in the bucket to the plethora of other reasons, and nothing hinges on it.

Do you understand? Let me know if you have any clarifying questions.

Try and separate these different thoughts, Marty.

I think evangelicals are terrible, in a sense, but not in all sense. 100% truth.

I think that the sense evangelicals are terrible in, has dozens of reasons attached to it.

This OP is a drop in the bucket to the plethora of other reasons, and nothing hinges on it.

Do you understand? Let me know if you have any clarifying questions.

I understand rationalizing when I see it.

Your bias is off the chart.

Forum List

Back