🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Evangelicals Have Higher-than-average Divorce Rates

For starters, it's not a flaw if the numbers are comparative to a time when more of the general population married.

Not sure why that's so hard for you to grasp, Marty.

it's flawed because it ignores the increase in marriage rate in general, never-mind the whole correlation vs. causation issue.
It ignores the increase in Marriage rate?

As it pertains to what? What do you think the study even attempts to justify? You didn't even read the study, or see what it concludes...you're merely quibbling over made up shit that you didn't establish.

It's merely showing a rate comparison. An apple to an apple. You're claiming it's apples and oranges and not establishing how with any sort of facts, or data...which is completely ridiculous.

Hell, you didn't even do the research. Maybe the evangelical divorce rate was EVEN WORSE when more of the general population was marrying. But you dont know that...because you didnt even make any attempt to support your assertion of a flaw.

You're not establishing anything. You're just barking at a mirror.

And you are just relishing in some talking point about a group you don't like.
It's data, not a talking point and yes, I'm relishing. Their faith is not strong enough to take their Marriage more seriously, and all that points to is that deep-down, they believe in their Earth stuff more than their invisible God stuff.

Correlation is not causation.

And your bigotry is distasteful.
I said that their faith was not strong enough to take their Marriage more seriously. That, among other "norms" of Religious doctrine not apparently meaning jack-shit to anyone in the faith more and more... is a testament to how "deeply" anyone actually believes in any of that dog-shit.

Same shit, different day and the trend of losing faith in these religious institutions continues.

it's flawed because it ignores the increase in marriage rate in general, never-mind the whole correlation vs. causation issue.

As it pertains to what? What do you think the study even attempts to justify? You didn't even read the study, or see what it concludes...you're merely quibbling over made up shit that you didn't establish.

It's merely showing a rate comparison. An apple to an apple. You're claiming it's apples and oranges and not establishing how with any sort of facts, or data...which is completely ridiculous.

Hell, you didn't even do the research. Maybe the evangelical divorce rate was EVEN WORSE when more of the general population was marrying. But you dont know that...because you didnt even make any attempt to support your assertion of a flaw.

It's data, not a talking point and yes, I'm relishing. Their faith is not strong enough to take their Marriage more seriously, and all that points to is that deep-down, they believe in their Earth stuff more than their invisible God stuff.

I said that their faith was not strong enough to take their Marriage more seriously. That, among other "norms" of Religious doctrine not apparently meaning jack-shit to anyone in the faith more and more... is a testament to how "deeply" anyone actually believes in any of that dog-shit.

Same shit, different day and the trend of losing faith in these religious institutions continues.

Baseless opinion from a hater.

It's actually empirical - they have divorces, right Marty?

Therefore, their faith could not stop said divorces, right Marty?

See, you don't like that the group that your identity politics forces your cognitive dissonance to protect...causes you to not to be able to follow even the most simplistic of syllogisms.

Hegseth was divorced from his first wife, Meredith Schwarz, in 2009. He married his second wife, Samantha Deering, in 2010; they have three children.[10] During his marriage to Deering, Hegseth had a daughter with Fox executive producer Jennifer Rauchet, with whom he was having an extramarital relationship, in August 2017.[10] He and Deering divorced in August 2017. Hegseth and Rauchet married in August 2019.[36]

On Fox news all the time, about the war on Christmas and the family matters, in his book.

Fricking sleazebag.Pete Hegseth - Wikipedia

I guess he values his freedom!!!

Of course they have higher divorce rates

Who the fuk wants to be married to an evangelical?

It seems like people are reveling in this alleged failure by Evangelicals. Sucks to be those revelers.

So the Christians aren't as good as one would suspect, believing in the God and Jesus. I see it everyday, Christians do horrendous things, and acting badly, in the name of Jesus.

Its a fact of life.
They are Christians

As long as they ask forgiveness they can keep on sinning

See, you don't like that the group that your identity politics forces your cognitive dissonance to protect...causes you to not to be able to follow even the most simplistic of syllogisms.

Correlation does not equal causation.

I don't hate anyone for who they are, i hate people for what they do.

There's no correlation/causation conversation being had in this statement: "their faith did not prevent their divorce..." you blockhead.

I don't see anyone but you using the word hate, ya weird ass. I said theyre weirdos, they are. & you're crying about an opinion, because of your identity politics.

I've actually never met an evangelical that wasn't super odd-seeming...like jehovah's witness sorta creepy
You've probably met some that you never knew were evangelicals. They aren't all odd and creepy.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
I've actually never met an evangelical that wasn't super odd-seeming...like jehovah's witness sorta creepy
You've probably met some that you never knew were evangelicals. They aren't all odd and creepy.
Perhaps but my intuition tells me that that's probably not true. I mean we can start out with the goofy shit that they believe is weird enough - putting aside the actual behavioral stuff I'm talking about. I'd be open to finding an evangelical that isn't bizarre, though. Maybe we could play basketball.

I was arguing that the comparison was skewed by the higher rate of marriage in evangelicals.

For a true comparison you would have to include marriage like co-habitations that end after a set time that are more prevalent in cultures that don't really care about pre marriage sex.

Assuming it's the culture of evangelicals that leads to a higher failure rate of RELATIONSHIPS would be a more appropriate study and would be more indicative of failures in the culture of evangelicals.
RATES arent skewed by having a higher overall number.

Thats WHY we use a rate, to ACCOUNT FOR THAT

Evidently you are unfamiliar with orders of reaction.

The skewing here is caused by comparison of only the demise of marriages, and not the demise of all long term relationships. Since evangelicals believe in marriage over cohabitation, it stands to reason that they would marry at a higher rate. If you want to see if evangelical beliefs lead to termination of relationships in general, you would have to include all relationships instead of just marriage, because the other groups you are using for comparison don't marry in the same numbers.
Evangelicals, in the regard you are speaking of, are cheapening Marriage and taking the obviously dumber approach...hence the higher divorce rate.

I doubt the have changed their views much on Marriage in the past 60 years or so, while other religious groups (and non religious) have married at lower rates over the same time.

Thus if you want a true comparison, you would probably have to figure out the average length of a marriage that ends in divorce, and then add in cohabitations that last as long as that to the base numbers. Then you would have an accurate analysis to see if evangelical beliefs are responsible for relationships terminating as opposed to their higher rate of marriage translating to a higher rate of divorce.
cohabitation is irrelevant because it's not the same thing as marriage

to compare marriages, we dont use cohabitation.

you want to change the subject to relationships in general...and there's a reason for that. it's because evangelicals cheapen the sanctity of marriage worse than the average population.

nobody is talking about the sanctity of cohabitation

we are talking about the institution of marriage.

in other words, you're deflecting because you have to, emotionally.
evangelicals cheapen the sanctity of marriage worse than the average population.
How so?

RATES arent skewed by having a higher overall number.

Thats WHY we use a rate, to ACCOUNT FOR THAT

Evidently you are unfamiliar with orders of reaction.

The skewing here is caused by comparison of only the demise of marriages, and not the demise of all long term relationships. Since evangelicals believe in marriage over cohabitation, it stands to reason that they would marry at a higher rate. If you want to see if evangelical beliefs lead to termination of relationships in general, you would have to include all relationships instead of just marriage, because the other groups you are using for comparison don't marry in the same numbers.
Evangelicals, in the regard you are speaking of, are cheapening Marriage and taking the obviously dumber approach...hence the higher divorce rate.

I doubt the have changed their views much on Marriage in the past 60 years or so, while other religious groups (and non religious) have married at lower rates over the same time.

Thus if you want a true comparison, you would probably have to figure out the average length of a marriage that ends in divorce, and then add in cohabitations that last as long as that to the base numbers. Then you would have an accurate analysis to see if evangelical beliefs are responsible for relationships terminating as opposed to their higher rate of marriage translating to a higher rate of divorce.
cohabitation is irrelevant because it's not the same thing as marriage

to compare marriages, we dont use cohabitation.

you want to change the subject to relationships in general...and there's a reason for that. it's because evangelicals cheapen the sanctity of marriage worse than the average population.

nobody is talking about the sanctity of cohabitation

we are talking about the institution of marriage.

in other words, you're deflecting because you have to, emotionally.
evangelicals cheapen the sanctity of marriage worse than the average population.
How so?
Their divorce rate is higher.

Divorce cheapens Marriage.

There's no correlation/causation conversation being had in this statement: "their faith did not prevent their divorce..." you blockhead.

I don't see anyone but you using the word hate, ya weird ass. I said theyre weirdos, they are. & you're crying about an opinion, because of your identity politics.

Disguise your hate as you wish.

:itsok:

:itsok:

th

Evangelicals cheapen heterosexuality by playing dominance games between the sexes. There is nothing that destroys a healthy relationship more than power-tripping and the worship of genitalia, which is what they preach openly in their cults.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Evangelicals cheapen heterosexuality by playing dominance games between the sexes. There is nothing that destroys a healthy relationship more than power-tripping and the worship of genitalia, which is what they preach openly in their cults.

Why don't you just roll on to claiming Jews make matzo with the blood of gentile children?

Why don't you just roll on to claiming Jews make matzo with the blood of gentile children?

What about the truth scares you? These bimbos actively preach penis-worship. This isn't my fault. Hold them accountable.

What about the truth scares you? These bimbos actively preach penis-worship. This isn't my fault. Hold them accountable.

Lol, wut?

I would LOVE to see the bullshit link you can provide "proving" this.

Forum List

Back