Eve of Destruction

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
Spot on Hillary!
Before 1971 we were "old enough for killin' but not for votin'. Fast forward to the past few election cycles and the Republicans are pulling every trick in the book to "disempower and disenfranchise people of color, poor people, and young people."

Voting in America is not just a matter of rights, it is a matter of dignity

HFA-DailyKos-575x411-VotingRights.png

Every American, no matter where they come from, what they look like, or how much money they have, should have the power to stand up and say, I am a citizen. I am an American. My voice counts!

But right now there is a sweeping effort to disempower and disenfranchise people of color, poor people, and young people.

In the greatest democracy on Earth, we should be clearing the way for more people to participate, not putting up roadblocks.

That’s why Hillary is fighting for four commonsense solutions to strengthen voting rights for all Americans:
1. Ensure all U.S. citizens are automatically registered to vote when they turn 18—unless they actively choose to opt out
2. Pass legislation to fix a damaged Voting Rights Act
3. Expand early, absentee, and mail voting
4. Set a nationwide standard of 20+ days of early in-person voting—including opportunities for weekend and evening voting.

<snip>

Q) Why are Republicans afraid of voters?

We're still old enough for killing, but not for legally drinking.

Is the bitch going to fix that? :dunno:

Thanks to her tribe, anyone who enters our borders illegally has the power to stand up and say, I am a citizen. I am an American. My voice counts!

You are such an ass. :slap:

The influx of immigrants who have migrated here without due process, yet given the full rights of Citizenship, have diluted the identity of real Americans who have for generations fought to overcome real hardship to make and build themselves under the umbrella of a freedom not accessible anywhere else on this mother fucking planet.

Hillary has 4 years experience as SoS, (consolation prize)

8 years as senator, (Which she had to carpet bag to win, and got it on her last name),

and 18 years as First Lady. (which gave her that last name)

If she runs for First Lady, she has the experience for it.

But not for president

Spot on Hillary!
Before 1971 we were "old enough for killin' but not for votin'. Fast forward to the past few election cycles and the Republicans are pulling every trick in the book to "disempower and disenfranchise people of color, poor people, and young people."

Every American, no matter where they come from, what they look like, or how much money they have, should have the power to stand up and say, I am a citizen. I am an American. My voice counts!

But right now there is a sweeping effort to disempower and disenfranchise people of color, poor people, and young people.

In the greatest democracy on Earth, we should be clearing the way for more people to participate, not putting up roadblocks.

That’s why Hillary is fighting for four commonsense solutions to strengthen voting rights for all Americans:
1. Ensure all U.S. citizens are automatically registered to vote when they turn 18—unless they actively choose to opt out
4. Set a nationwide standard of 20+ days of early in-person voting—including opportunities for weekend and evening voting.

<snip>

Simple.

Just require all Parties to pay for the programs they promise to their Voters.
No problem!

Spot on Hillary!

<snip>

I'm not afraid of voters, except the dead ones.....and the illegals.

Spot on Hillary!

<snip>

Why do you people keep implying people of color, the poor and young people are too incompetent or stupid to follow the law? HOLY SHIT, you forgot old people this time, what is wrong with you? Are you forgetting your talking points? Or are the dems pushing granny off the cliff.

That republicans fear large voter turnouts, with a diverse number of Americans exercising their right to vote, comes as no surprise.

Republicans have figured out that American democracy does not work for them anymore. Thus the reason for passing all these laws limiting people's right to vote, and gerrymandering every district they can get their hands on.

They see the writing on the wall, the demographics have changed and are only getting worse for them. Their days as major political party are numbered.

That republicans fear large voter turnouts, with a diverse number of Americans exercising their right to vote, comes as no surprise.

Dear C_Clayton_Jones
There are "conflicts of interest" among politicians and corporate interests mixed with govt
as there are with voters either getting benefits or thinking they are.

NEITHER is sticking to the principles that govt is SUPPOSED to follow.

This is like people abusing science or math to "get the answers they want by popular vote"
instead of using science and math as consistent systems to get consistent answers using given
laws and formulas that represent existing relations and how things really work in the world.

The same way people are generally afraid of corporate conflicts swaying politicians,
and as soon as people in power can vote themselves better benefits or more money for their interests,
then fairness and equal treatment of all people and all states and interests goes out the door,

The same conflicts of interest affect voting.

A. if Conservatives think they are going to get "prolife" and "anti-terrorist/progun" legislation by voting
for Candidates X Y Z then they bet all their money on that horse and expect the big pay off for winning the race
B. If Liberals think they are going to get "prochoice" and universal health care benefits, gay marriage benefits,
higher minimum wage, increase in social programs and reduction in war spending, then they will all go rally
around Candidates 1, 2, and 3 and push that in the media

Since both approaches are equal Political Beliefs, legally to be purely equally inclusive and either neutral to both views or defending all views equally, the Govt should never be used to promote ONE agenda or belief over another. That is no longer neutral but is taking sides, similar to religious biases and beliefs that don't belong in Govt.

Both parties are so used to pushing their way, they don't see when they cross the line between "separation of church and state" and are pushing a faith-based agenda biased toward THEIR beliefs of THEIR party members.

The politicians exploit and capitalize on this fear of being outnumbers and overruled by the other party's beliefs.

If BOTH parties would lay off this political bullying, stick with the Constitution that CHECKS against such abuses, then NOBODY could get away with it. But since both keep using bullying tactics, they aren't in any position to check the other. So they BOTH have "conflicts of interest" by putting party politics and favoritism above the law.

Technically if we were to enforce Constitutional principles of equal protection of the laws, not abusing Govt to establish any kind of religious bias that discriminates against certain people or groups by creed, and equal representation for the entire public in govt policies (instead of majority rule skewed if not hijacked by corporate funded politics and lobbying), then NEITHER party could get away with promising and pushing "private" agenda while making the public pay for it. We could start holding parties to enforcing Constitutional principles and ethics, and keep the political biases and beliefs within respective party platforms and programs only those members pay for and are bound by if they opt into such policies voluntarily. Like religions, membership should be voluntary.

C_Clayton_Jones
There are equal conflicts of interest on both sides, with voters in both parties.

Even Conservative Constitutionalists who swear to uphold the Constitution will put THEIR beliefs in "right to life" above the free exercise and equal free choice of others who don't share this same belief; they will compromise their own Constitutional concepts of religious freedom when it comes to Muslims or Prochoice beliefs, etc.

So if you are like my friend Daron who FEARS the Conservatives and Christians as some huge lobby that can organize through churches and political groups to rally and push their own beliefs and agenda,
then of course you will "fear" for these people to vote in large numbers.

Likewise, if the Democrats keep advertising their leaders want Amnesty and Benefits for all immigrants, legal or illegal without holding people to account, that is going to create fear of buying out voters who want this policy to pay for their social programs and benefits without taking responsibility for the cost.

I see the fear as mutual.

But none of that is necessary.

If we uphold the law, the natural principle of people paying for their own programs they believe in,
then NEITHER side, NEITHER party could get away with exploiting that fear for votes and campaign funding.

The law if enforced consistently could prevent ANYONE from having to pay for programs that the other party believes in, and instead allow parties to pay for their OWN programs WITHOUT interference by the others!

There would be NO MORE FIGHTING over who is buying which voters
because each group would be responsible for the policies they offer.

If you offer a 7 course banquet for guests to join your club, then you pay for that.
You don't go offer that to invite people, and then charge the tab to the other clubhouse to pay for it all.

PUBLIC policies and programs the govt should be used to pay for should
be by AGREEMENT by the PUBLIC if that is who is paying the bill.

(And if govt is so big that we cannot tell who is paying for what,
then we REALLY need to reorganize where there is accountability for resources used by which areas.)

What do you THINK it means to represent the PUBLIC?
How can that possibly mean only to represent the agenda of ONE party OVER the other,
whoever wins that particular vote or debate or ruling.

Unless policies are based on agreement and consensus,
there is too much "selling out" where money and politics pushes a bias on decisions
instead of these representing the ENTIRE public interest (not just the side of the winning lobby).

Spot on Hillary!

<snip>

Only those illegal, voting more than once (using another name) or voting from the cemetery

I recall the left saying the same type of stuff right before they got their collective ass handed to them in the 2014 midterms. If they are already starting up with this in July of 2015 it makes me think they are not all that secure about November of 2016.

Forum List

Back