Even If Classified Documents Were Recovered In Trump Raid, It Looks Like Chances Of Conviction Are Quite Slim

bripat9643 made a good point that the documents were not classified.

FBI clearly thinks they were.

Thus, my thread, "even if they were."

Clearly, presidents have the authority to declassify information. The question arises, do they have to follow an established procedure to do so? Personally, I don't think so, and they can declassify in an instant, by simple edict.

For example, I think a president could choose to reveal previously-classified information at a news conference without seeking any kind of prior approval.

Likewise, Trump could declare all boxes taken to Mar-A-Lago as declassified.

But I am not certain about that, just guessing. I have not researched the topic.

2aguy also had a good critique of my premise - that it's not about getting a conviction anyway. It's not about politics; it is about a political smear job conducted under the guise of justice but is really about the election.
Jim, they were classified,f they were marked classified.

In order to declassify, there is a procedure.

All documents declassified have to be gone through, and MARKED with the declassification date, and who declassified it....this was not done, therefore they are still classified.

But just one thing, from me to you, person to person, American to American, patriot to patriot....

Do you realize that when Trump claims he declassified all of these top secret documents, by just some magical wave of the hand....do you know what that means?

It means that every single document that is classified TOP secret, without review of the intelligence agencies or cabinet members or those who determined it was top secret, Trump's magical wand,

made them available for every foreign enemy we have, to get copies they want of all of our top secret documents, simply by asking and filing a freedom of information act request. And even you and I could get a top secret document and read it.

Do you really think doing something like that, is in our Nation's best interest?

Do you REALLY BELIEVE it is done that way?

Jim, they were classified,f they were marked classified.

In order to declassify, there is a procedure.

All documents declassified have to be gone through, and MARKED with the declassification date, and who declassified it....this was not done, therefore they are still classified.

But just one thing, from me to you, person to person, American to American, patriot to patriot....

Do you realize that when Trump claims he declassified all of these top secret documents, by just some magical wave of the hand....do you know what that means?

It means that every single document that is classified TOP secret, without review of the intelligence agencies or cabinet members or those who determined it was top secret, Trump's magical wand,

made them available for every foreign enemy we have, to get copies they want of all of our top secret documents, simply by asking and filing a freedom of information act request. And even you and I could get a top secret document and read it.

Do you really think doing something like that, is in our Nation's best interest?

Do you REALLY BELIEVE it is done that way?
Yes, but like I said, I have not researched it yet.

Here is what NPR said back in 2017....

WITTES: Well, so the president controls classified information. The - almost the definition of classified information is material the president wants to protect. So if the president wants to disclose it, he gets to disclose it. And disclosures that would be a very serious crime if anyone else did them are almost certainly not if the president does them. So, you know, if the question is, is there a criminal problem here, the answer is almost certainly not.

So you mentioned that a president has to follow a certain procedure to declassify information. Please share a link to that procedure.

Thanks,
Jim

You just love when I make you look like an idiot.

I'll let you know if you ever do.

So you posted a link about Manafort and polling data. Where is the link that proves TRUMP colluded with Russia?

You posted no such link.
I love it when YOU prove YOURSELF to be a LIAR!

:p

To be honest, I thought you were going to post a link to the debunked Hillary/Obama Russian Collusion Scandal they initiated and ran.

The warrant will probably get tossed, it's vague and vindictive, if Trump was already cooperating with feds. Add in a biased magistrate judge, and the whole amateur hour approach and this clown show is over before it begins.

I'll let you know if you ever do.

So you posted a link about Manafort and polling data. Where is the link that proves TRUMP colluded with Russia?

I thought you were going g to post a link to the debunked Hillary/Obama Russian Collusion Scandal they initiated and ran.
Trumps campaign manager shared information with Putin's intelligence operative so that the Russian troll farms could target specific social media, and specific states.

That's collusion. Maybe you don't know what collusion means?

Forum List

Back