Even Jesus Is A Zionist

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the "Kingdom " Jesus is preaching?

This statement appears in the Classic The Life And Times of Jesus the Messiah by Alfred Edersheim.

"In fact, an analysis of 119 passages in the New Testament where the expression Kingdom occurs shows that it means the rule of God which was manifested in and through Christ; is apparent in the Church; gradually develops amidst hindrances; is triumphant at the second coming of Christ; and finally , perfected in the world to come. " page 187

In footnotes, each reference is cited.

He preached the gospel of the kingdom, fulfilling all promises of The Old Testament.

Learn English.

Jesus taught the gospel of the kingdom of God, also called the Kingdom of Heaven, a Kingdom believers of Jesus enter into upon Salvation and remain in for eternity.

Why do you continue in your disbelief of what is written in The Gospels?

Jesus Begins His Ministry

Now when he heard that*John had been arrested,*he withdrew into Galilee.*And leaving*Nazareth he went and lived in*Capernaum by*the sea, in the territory of*Zebulun and Naphtali,*so that what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled:

“The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali,
****the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles—
the people dwelling in darkness
****have seen a great light,
and for those dwelling in the region and*shadow of death,
****on them a light has dawned.”

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying,*“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Jesus Ministers to Great Crowds

And he went throughout all Galilee,*teaching in their synagogues andproclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and*healing every disease and every affliction among the people.*So his fame spread throughout allSyria, and*they brought him all the sick, those afflicted with various diseases and*pains,*those oppressed by demons,*epileptics, andparalytics, and he healed them.*And great crowds followed him from Galilee and the*Decapolis, and from Jerusalem and Judea, and from beyond the Jordan.

Matthew 4 ESV - The Temptation of Jesus - Then Jesus - Bible Gateway

....teaching in their synagogues............... How in heavens name could he be teaching in synagogues? You confuse the minions.
What was he doing teaching in synagogues? You still haven't answered that question.

I am reading from a hard back edition of this book, but I think editions of this book can be downloaded free onto a Kindle. It is a Christian Classic, the edition I have dated September 1883.

Index of subjects shows no entries under Zionism.

This book was written before Zionism was even founded.

What is the "Kingdom " Jesus is preaching?

This statement appears in the Classic The Life And Times of Jesus the Messiah by Alfred Edersheim.

"In fact, an analysis of 119 passages in the New Testament where the expression Kingdom occurs shows that it means the rule of God which was manifested in and through Christ; is apparent in the Church; gradually develops amidst hindrances; is triumphant at the second coming of Christ; and finally , perfected in the world to come. " page 187

In footnotes, each reference is cited.

The fact is we know the land has been called Palestine going back to Herodotus, so we know these maps are accurate.

You slander Jesus and The Bible by denying The Bible as published, with its maps as published...
I do not deny the narration of the Bible as published.

I believe that the Bible (as it is known to Christians, and encompassing both Old and New Testaments) are a reasonably accurate translation and handing-down of verbiage compiled during the early decades and centuries of The Church.

There is always room to question the validity of some of the handed-down narration and there is always room to question some of the politics and heresy-suppressing decisions made by early Church Councils and early Church Fathers, with respect to what was included and what was set aside, and with respect to some of the verbiage and interpretations and translations.

There is always room to question the accuracy of countless copying and re-copying of the Bible by various factions and branches of The Church during the final centuries of the Roman Empire and into the Dark Ages and through the Middle Ages within the monastic communities who preserved and disseminated those texts during those centuries-long periods of upheaval and decline in education and literacy.

But, in the main, and for the most part, scholars seem to agree that the Bible as it is known to us in the present day, bears a close (if not exact and precise) resemblance to the Bible in an earlier form, once the early Church Councils had settled their editorial differences and locked-down a more permanent view of the earliest Church writings.

I do not deny these things at all.

And even if I did (which I do not), such a denial in no way impairs one's judgment with respect to the fallibility and diversity of map illustrations found within various editions of the Bible.

So much for accusations of 'denying the Bible'.

Now, moving forward...

Maps found in modern-day Bibles are modern-day illustrations, based upon modern-day understandings - some of those accurate, some of those faulty.

The words of the time of Jesus were preserved in the Bible.

The maps extant in the time of Jesus were not preserved in the Bible.

If you would like to challenge such an assertion (the maps are modern illustrations), feel free to take a crack at it.

Afterwards, you will be asked to explain the differences between maps, as they appear in different versions and editions of the Bible, over the past couple of centuries.

There is nothing 'sacred' or 'gospel-truth -like' about Map A or B, to be found in Bible edition C or D.

The maps are not the 'word of God' - they are modern-day contrivances and every bit as open to 'challenge' as any other imagery.

The maps are fallible interpretations of the political divisions of that region during various eras, rendered by fallible, modern, mortal men, at a distance of 1800 or 1900 or 2000 years from the period(s) which they are intended to portray.

Correct?

Or do you hold that because these modern maps appear in a published edition of the Bible, that the maps take-on the attributes of sacredness and infallibility, alongside the sacred text?

Who the fuck is 'we' ?

Continue in your disbelief of Jesus and burn.

Certainly, all your slander of Jesus and God you shall answer to God for.

Learn English, Zionist, Jesus is the Son of God.
Yes, in the New Testament, Jesus the Jew is the Son of the Zionist God of the Bible.
What are you blabbering now? The Old Testmanet is a Zionist book, God Promises Israel the land of Zion to the Jews going all the way back to Abraham, and Moses executes God's order, so God IS a Zionist. And Jesus picks the ball up from there and says that he is the fulfillment of EVERYTHING God promised in the Old Testament, including the rejuvination of Zion with Jews.

Whether you like it or not, moan and whine about it or not, God, Jesus, the Old Testament AND the New Testaments are ALL ZIONIST.

All your baloney isn't going to change a THING other than provide free entertainment for us.

And Jesus never taught the law of Moses.

How would you know sherri? You don't know the law of moses. You never
read the bible You are insisting ---very much like muslims do in mosques---
that the "new" testament is a PILE OF LIES One of the very clear statements
about Jesus in the "new" TESTAMENT-----is----he went to a synagogue and was asked
to read. Do you have even the slightest idea what that passage MEANS?

Have you ever heard of the person "HILLEL"?? Jesus ---in words attributed to
him by the writers of the "new" testament-----QUOTES HILLEL incessantly.
Now---without googling -----can you tell me why Jesus would QUOTE HILLEL?

He preached the gospel of the kingdom, fulfilling all promises of The Old Testament.

Learn English.

Jesus taught the gospel of the kingdom of God, also called the Kingdom of Heaven, a Kingdom believers of Jesus enter into upon Salvation and remain in for eternity.

Why do you continue in your disbelief of what is written in The Gospels?

Jesus Begins His Ministry

Now when he heard that*John had been arrested,*he withdrew into Galilee.*And leaving*Nazareth he went and lived in*Capernaum by*the sea, in the territory of*Zebulun and Naphtali,*so that what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled:

“The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali,
****the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles—
the people dwelling in darkness
****have seen a great light,
and for those dwelling in the region and*shadow of death,
****on them a light has dawned.”

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying,*“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Jesus Ministers to Great Crowds

And he went throughout all Galilee,*teaching in their synagogues andproclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and*healing every disease and every affliction among the people.*So his fame spread throughout allSyria, and*they brought him all the sick, those afflicted with various diseases and*pains,*those oppressed by demons,*epileptics, andparalytics, and he healed them.*And great crowds followed him from Galilee and the*Decapolis, and from Jerusalem and Judea, and from beyond the Jordan.

Matthew 4 ESV - The Temptation of Jesus - Then Jesus - Bible Gateway
What was he doing teaching in synagogues? You still haven't answered that question.
Why was he teaching in synagogues? Skeptical people want to know.

Learn English.

Me learn English? Jeebus H. Christ! I suggest you tell those Iranians standing over your shoulder to learn English. And take a bath. And admit that even Jesus is a Zionist.
There's nothing to admit. Even the most hardcore Pali supporters know that Jesus is a Zionist, and they always try to defend Pali terrorist animals by using other methods such as "well, God isn't a real estate agent blah blah blah..."

Why was he teaching in synagogues? Skeptical people want to know.

silly-----he was teaching proper techniques in dyeing easter eggs as promised
in the "old" testament------and my all time fave bit of knowlege----when
sharing a large chocolate easter bunny-----go for the LEGS----skip the head

I wish sherri would tell me what were the other "promises" in the
"old" testament

Jesus lived over 1800 years after Zionist was founded.

There were never any Zionist Temples Jesus was in, just a temple in Jerusalem he was in.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

John 8*(English Standard Version)

John 8

English Standard Version (ESV)

but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.*Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and*he sat down and taught them.*The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst*they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery.Now*in the Law Moses commanded us*to stone such women. So what do you say?”*This they said*to test him,*that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground.*And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them,*“Let him who is without sin among you*be the first to throw a stone at her.”*And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground.*But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him.*Jesus stood up and said to her,*“Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”*She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said,*“Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on*sin no more.”]]

John 8 - but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. - Bible Gateway
Question: What was Jesus doing in a Zionist Jewish temple teaching the Zionist Jews about the laws of Moses? I was under the impression (from your revelations) he didn't have anything to do with Judaism or Zionists. Please clear up this confusing issue.
The Temple in Jerusalem was in ZION, dipstick.

I bet that went over your head, or butt, depending.

There were never any Zionist Temples Jesus was in, just a temple in Jerusalem he was in.

Question: What was Jesus doing in a Zionist Jewish temple teaching the Zionist Jews about the laws of Moses? I was under the impression (from your revelations) he didn't have anything to do with Judaism or Zionists. Please clear up this confusing issue.
The Temple in Jerusalem was in ZION, dipstick.

I bet that went over your head, or butt, depending.

Roudy---I have no idea re your age, or time in the USA or---stuff. But it is
possible that you missed the time when RADIO was big and BROADCASTS of
good old southern preachers dominated sunday radio-------it was hard to avoid
them. I REMEMBER. by the time I was 10---despite complete absence of
any "hebrew school" ---etc I recognized that the good old boy southern
preachers were VERY VERY DIM about jews-----and so were most of my
christian friends -------things were different back then---LESS ACCESS

sherri is not ------all that unique-----she has an understanding of judaism and
the writings found in the "new" testament-----that is something like a hillbilly
from the early 50s----specifically a church attending hillbilly with a fair attention
span. She may have been living under a rock for the past 60 years

Just a few of the many verses in the Old and New Testaments showing that Jesus clearly is a Zionist:

“Thus saith the LORD God: Behold I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone , and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: and I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel: and one king shall be king to them all...so shall they be My people, and I will be their God, and David My servant shall be king over them: and they shall have one shepherd; they shall also walk in My judgments, and observe My statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt...and My servant David shall be their prince for ever.” Ezekiel 37:21-25

“And I will gather the remnant of My flock out of all the countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds: and they shall be fruitful and increase...Behold, the days come, says the LORD, when I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called. THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. (Jeremiah 23:3,5,6)

“Say to the Daughter of Zion, ‘See, your king comes to you,’...Hosana to the Son of David, Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.” (Matthew 21: 8-16)

Look ma! No Palestine Shmalestine!

The Gospel of Jesus Christ.

John 8*(English Standard Version)

John 8

English Standard Version (ESV)

but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.*Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and*he sat down and taught them.*The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst*they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery.Now*in the Law Moses commanded us*to stone such women. So what do you say?”*This they said*to test him,*that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground.*And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them,*“Let him who is without sin among you*be the first to throw a stone at her.”*And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground.*But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him.*Jesus stood up and said to her,*“Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”*She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said,*“Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on*sin no more.”]]

John 8 - but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. - Bible Gateway
Zionism goes back more than two and a half millennia, even earlier than the Babylonian Exile. Mount Zion is the symbolic heart of Jerusalem.

Psalm 137:1:

"By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion." KJV

"The fact is we know the land has been called Palestine going back to Herodotus, so we know these maps are accurate..."
The fact is that the region has been called by several names over time.

Accuracy involves (1) utilizing the correct name for a given timeframe, (2) utilizing the correct name for a given set of boundaries, (3) utilizing the correct name for a given political status [independent, client-state, conquered territory, province, etc.] and (4) utilizing the correct name for a given dominant population.

The territory which ultimately became my home-state was, at one time, called by a variety of names by the Native Americans (Indians) of the region - most predominantly Illiniwek, it was called the Illinois Country when it was part of the French Empire, it was part of Virginia during the American Colonial Era, it was part of the Northwest Territory after the American Revolution, it became the Illinois Territory in 1809, and the State of Illinois in 1818.

It has been called many names over time, but it would be inaccurate to publish a map of Illinois portraying its final borders (1818) and utilizing the Illinois name, to represent any pre-1818 point in time, due to border changes and name changes and changes in its political organization or affiliation and changes in its population demographics.

Montana was, at one time, called one thing by the Natives, and then was part of the Louisiana Purchase, and was labeled on maps of the time as part of Louisiana, for convenience sake, but was then labeled the Montana Territory with redrawn borders in 1864, and eventually its borders were finalized and it was incorporated as a State in 1889.

And on and on and on... demonstrating that geographical regions can carry any of a number of names over time, with shifting boundaries, political organizations, populations, etc., and that, sometimes, earlier names for a region end-up being recycled, to label a region, which may include, in whole or in part, some portion of land that was labeled with the same name during an earlier epoch or era.

Same with so-called 'Palestine'.

There is no escaping the idea that the region, in whole or in part, was, indeed, labeled as 'Palestine' (with phonetic and spelling variations) for centuries prior to the Roman period, at various times; usually connected with the presence of the Philistines, an Agean Sea People who invaded and were defeated by the Egyptians, and forcibly resettled in the vicinity of Gaza, Ashkelon and the like.

It has been called Philistia, Gaza, Canaan, Israel, Judah, Judea, Syria-Palestina, the Kingdom of Jerusalem, the province of this and that, and, finally, Palestine, and Israel, recycling old names, along with shifting borders.

That does not, however, mean that a map, published inside a modern-day Bible, which labels that region as 'Palestine' during the lifetime of Jesus of Nazareth, is accurate, with respect to either boundaries or the naming conventions extant at that time, nor with respect to the way the inhabitants of the region identified themselves at the time.

One cannot (accurately and reliably and truthfully) label a region as "A", when it was called "B" by its residents and its governors and masters at the time.

Consequently, any labeling of the region as 'Palestine' during the lifetime of Christ, when that region had been the Kingdom of Judah for centuries beforehand, and when it had been the Roman Province and client-state Kingdom of Judea for years prior to and after the lifetime of Jesus - is an inaccurate labeling - regardless of whether such a map (listing it as Palestine during the lifetime of Jesus) appears in a modern-day published edition of the Bible or whether it appears in an old Archie and the Jugheads comic book.

Doesn't matter... inappropriate usage is inappropriate usage... and trying to establish territorial bona fides using such fault-laden materials is erroneous at best, and disingenuous at worst.

If Jews don't mind being attacked by insane Arabs til the end of time over Israel, I'm ok with that. Jesus probably would have minded, though.

Kondor-----your post was ok-----but you used LONG WORDS----which probably
confused the target of that post.

Kondor-----your post was ok-----but you used LONG WORDS----which probably confused the target of that post.
Agreed. However, with multiple targets (The Critter, and then everybody else), I was playing to the broader audience, using The Critter as the proximate trigger or segue.

I was also in 'windbag' mode, I think...
wink_smile.gif

Continue in your disbelief of Jesus and burn.

Certainly, all your slander of Jesus and God you shall answer to God for.

Learn English, Zionist, Jesus is the Son of God.
Yes, in the New Testament, Jesus the Jew is the Son of the Zionist God of the Bible.
Since I am telling the truth about Jesus, the Old Testament and the New Testament, it is you who is actually slandering Jesus and everything Christianity stands for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back