Ever hear of a court case suddenly being moved up unexpectedly?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
That is the case with my wife. Magically I receive notification from a NEW contact (we have gone through three in different positions already) that her last court case was held. This country is scary and thoroughly untrustworthy.

That is the case with my wife. Magically I receive notification from a NEW contact (we have gone through three in different positions already) that her last court case was held. This country is scary and thoroughly untrustworthy.

You're not making any sense ... what does contact paper have to do with courts moving ... are you talking about the courtroom is on a higher floor now ... it happens, what's the big deal ... the government isn't obligated to tell you which courtroom until you walk into the courthouse ... room 314 or room 541 ... who cares? ...

Do you mean change the date? ... in the United States this can't happen, not without timely civil service ... and for extremely unusual circumstances ... if summons have been served, even the judge can't change dates (at least not any court I've appeared before) ...

You're not making any sense ... what does contact paper have to do with courts moving ... are you talking about the courtroom is on a higher floor now ... it happens, what's the big deal ... the government isn't obligated to tell you which courtroom until you walk into the courthouse ... room 314 or room 541 ... who cares? ...

Do you mean change the date? ... in the United States this can't happen, not without timely civil service ... and for extremely unusual circumstances ... if summons have been served, even the judge can't change dates (at least not any court I've appeared before) ...
Yes, a change of date.

Yes, a change of date.

They held a hearing in secret and didn't tell you? ... that doesn't happen in Canada ... do you mind telling us the whole story here ... you're leaving things out ... let me guess, you don't have a lawyer ...

"It's the cheapskate who spends the most" --- Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers ...

They held a hearing in secret and didn't tell you? ... that doesn't happen in Canada ... do you mind telling us the whole story here ... you're leaving things out ... let me guess, you don't have a lawyer ...

"It's the cheapskate who spends the most" --- Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers ...
Ummm, the have had four or five secret court meetings. Yes, this IS Canada. I cannot afford a lawyer, it is what it is. Does that make you happy?

Good vs evil...

Last edited:
Actually it is worse than that, the judge pre-emptively awarded her Peace Bond, more than a week before her last trial date. In fact, she didn't even sign it.

... Peace Bond ...

Did you beat the crap out of her? ... then she's entitled to her Peace Bond ... you can afford to lose ... but can't afford a lawyer ... could you at least learn about the laws you seem to be violating ...

Nevermind all that ... yeah ... we don't have anything like a Peace Bond down here except for domestic violence ... what's generally called a Restraining Order down here is very hard to get ... and is always subject to cross-examination ... and where I live, the claims have to be backed by evidence that is "clear and convincing", a standard higher than normal civil preponderance ...

[sigh] ... should've filed on her first ... then you'd be sitting the cat's seat at the bird feeder ...

Did you beat the crap out of her? ... then she's entitled to her Peace Bond ... you can afford to lose ... but can't afford a lawyer ... could you at least learn about the laws you seem to be violating ...

Nevermind all that ... yeah ... we don't have anything like a Peace Bond down here except for domestic violence ... what's generally called a Restraining Order down here is very hard to get ... and is always subject to cross-examination ... and where I live, the claims have to be backed by evidence that is "clear and convincing", a standard higher than normal civil preponderance ...

[sigh] ... should've filed on her first ... then you'd be sitting the cat's seat at the bird feeder ...
Huh? She beat the crap out of me for years, why in the hell do you think she has the Peace Bond?

Let me guess, you are a cult member, right?

No. I tried to negotiate to avoid a court case. When I was going to file she told me if i did that she wouldn't accept it. Now both her and the police will be thrown under the bus if we step foot in a courtroom.

Last edited:
Huh? She beat the crap out of me for years, why in the hell do you think she has the Peace Bond?

Let me guess, you are a cult member, right?

I do believe in the value of a good lawyer ... is that a cult? ... fine ... don't contact Legal Aid of Canada ... they're just more cult members out to stab you in the back ...

If she has the Peace Bond ... then yes, I assume she told the court YOU beat HER up ... it's all a cult, man, and you've been targeted for exclusion ... shouldn't have dissed Prince Chuckles in 1987 ... see, now he's your King and out for revenge ...

I do believe in the value of a good lawyer ... is that a cult? ... fine ... don't contact Legal Aid of Canada ... they're just more cult members out to stab you in the back ...

If she has the Peace Bond ... then yes, I assume she told the court YOU beat HER up ... it's all a cult, man, and you've been targeted for exclusion ... shouldn't have dissed Prince Chuckles in 1987 ... see, now he's your King and out for revenge ...
The Peace Bond is because she assaulted me. Also, se had to go through a program and shenwould have to admit her wrongdoings. I made sure to remind her viw email.of a the litsny of abuses, she k ows i have efidence so she didn't dissgree. Her cousin best her bf in a public parking lot, the police were called and se received the same treatment. When I said cult I was referring to the police. I dont qualify under Legal Aid. I don't want roppto make this a big fight, but G_d demands that I spea the truth. I just want to move on with my life, move to Texas, Florida or somewhere warm and pirsue happiness as all humans should be allowed.

Last edited:
So what's the problem? ... the Peace Bond is against her ... why do you need another hearing? ...

And leave the emotional bullshit out ... you both got laid, so now you're paying the price ... you can't afford a lawyer so you need to keep your pants on ...
What do you mean?

If you don't know what you mean, then why ask me? ... I checked, Canadian Law requires civil service ... you're leaving out details, aren't you? ...

Are you relying on phone calls from her lawyer? ...
Civil service? Huh? What details are you alluding to?

Forum List

Back