🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ever notice how infrastructure is built for short people?

Natural Citizen

American Made
Aug 8, 2016
It's everything. If you go to the cappuccino machine, you have to squat to push the button. If you go to insert your debit card in the card reader at the register, you have to squat. If you go to open a door you pretty much have to bend over to grab the door handle. If you sit at a table, you have to sit sideways because your legs can't fit under the table. And then they often bolt them to the floor. Sometimes if you're in a diner or something you can raise the table with your knees and let the table sit on them, but that's rare these days.

I just went to get a cappuccino so that's why I was thinking about it. Annoying...

It's everything. If you go to the cappuccino machine, you have to squat to push the button. If you go to insert your debit card in the card reader at the register, you have to squat. If you go to open a door you pretty much have to bend over to grab the door handle. If you sit at a table, you have to sit sideways because your legs can't fit under the table. And then they often bolt them to the floor. Sometimes if you're in a diner or something you can raise the table with your knees and let the table sit on them, but that's rare these days.

I just went to get a cappuccino so that's why I was thinking about it. Annoying...
Just how tall are you?

You need to go to Korea or Japan. You wont complain about over here again.

Fun fact, the average height of a Japanese or Korean male under 40-years-old is 5'9".

For the past 20 years, it has not been uncommon to see kids over 6' tall wearing their school uniforms in public.

The past two generations have seen a major shift in diet towards a more Western diet -- including fast food and dairy products.

It has also affected women in Japan and Korea who, up until the '70s often didn't enter puberty until they were 16 or 17 years old.

Short people got no reason to live

They got little baby legs
And they stand so low
You got to pick 'em up
Just to say hello
They got little cars
That got beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin' peep, peep, peep

Things have changed. I would have thought the average height was about '5"4. I remember you could see other americans in the distance because you were towering over the Koreans in Seoul.

I lived and worked in Seoul from 1988 until 1992 ... and in Tokyo from '92 until '96... The younger generation of Koreans and Japanese are not diminutive as were their parents. When I was on a train full of high school students, my 5'9" self wasn't looking down on anyone.

I lived and worked in Seoul from 1988 until 1992 ... and in Tokyo from '92 until '96... The younger generation of Koreans and Japanese are not diminutive as were their parents. When I was on a train full of high school students, my 5'9" self wasn't looking down on anyone.
i was there 87-89. It was like a sea of midgets but maybe that's because I am '6"2

Just how tall are you?

75.55 inches. According to my last checkup. But that's without shoes. So maybe another inch and a half added to that when I'm out and about. I have to have a heel. I can't wear flat shoes.

Tall enough to have to squat to push the cappuccino button on the machine.

Anyway. The point is that biased infrastructure is biased.:yapyapyapf:

Everybody else gets to complain about how they're discriminated, so.

75.55 inches. According to my last checkup. But that's without shoes. So maybe another inch and a half added to that when I'm out and about. I have to have a heel. I can't wear flat shoes.

Tall enough to have to squat to push the cappuccino button on the machine.
6 ft 3 isn't that tall.

I'm 70 inches (5ft 10) and have no problem with the cappuccino machines. Not that I use them very often, all that sugar...

Pfrt.

You don't know problems with height till you've speared the box of noodle roni on the top shelf with your eyeballs, but customer service doesn't exist everywhere... so ya gotta scale the shelves like a sticky spider monkey to get it.

Forum List

Back