Every Classroom Should Have Heavily Armed Teachers In It

Damned right, as a school employee, you should be able to just show up at your school with a gun?
If I can't be trusted with a gun why would you allow me on campus at all? With just a little thinking and creativity I could easily sneak one on to campus if I desired to.

Your "argument" presupposes there is no coordination between the armed faculty/staff and school or local PD which is of course wrong.

If your argument really is that it doesn't happen often enough it simply shows we need to set up these programs in a lot more schools.

Nobody has to pay me to defend myself or those in my charge and if anything having to get permission from the gov't to do so points to a very serious problem overall.
Your argument calls for armed volunteers to magically always be right behind the shooter, ready to pounce. 😄

Your argument calls for armed volunteers to magically always be right behind the shooter, ready to pounce. 😄
You are high, stupid, or both.

All you need is to have your trained faculty and staff disbursed throughout the building so they can if necessary move to interdict a shooter within a minute of them entering the building.

You are high, stupid, or both.

All you need is to have your trained faculty and staff disbursed throughout the building so they can if necessary move to interdict a shooter within a minute of them entering the building.
No I got it. It's a brilliant idea. Immediate armed response units in every school. It's like a NCIS series. We could have immediate armed response Alsaka and immediate armed response Ohio, it sounds like a great start to some fanfiction police procedural television show.

No I got it. It's a brilliant idea. Immediate armed response units in every school. It's like a NCIS series. We could have immediate armed response Alsaka and immediate armed response Ohio, it sounds like a great start to some fanfiction police procedural television show.
Why dont these deranged people attack court houses or police stations instead of defenseless liberal operated public schools?

No it's called reality and such programs have been enacted in numerous states already.

Why you insist on continuing to make a fool of yourself evades me but I'm certainly happy to keep giving you opportunities to do so.

No it's called reality and such programs have been enacted in numerous states already.

Why you insist on continuing to make a fool of yourself evades me but I'm certainly happy to keep giving you opportunities to do so.
No I got Big Boy, its a brilliant idea. These armed response units rappel down from the rafters at the first sign of trouble, drop down, tactical roll into a crouch and then take the shooter out. Easy peasy. 😄

That's exactly what you implied which is why I addressed it.
No, I didn't.
Every cop with a school in his "beat' knows people, kids at the school.
But not every cop knows every person in every school in their jurisdiction.
Faculty and Staff trained as quick reaction teams are identifiable in the same way under cover cops are identifiable. They have credentials which are made visible and other ways of identifying and differentiating themselves from the bad guys.
Really?
How?
Yes really. Self defense is one of our most basic rights and I've spent many thousands of dollars over the years attending dozens of instructor level courses so that not only are my skills are honed to a very high level, my teaching abilities are as well.
You don't say.
Self defense is a right, I should not need permission from the gov't to exercise it on or off of school grounds.

If I am legally eligible to own and buy that should be all the gov't approval I need.
Yeah, your part of the problem.
People think they should be able to go ANYWHERE with a gun, without permission.

No, I didn't.
Every cop with a school in his "beat' knows people, kids at the school.
But not every cop knows every person in every school in their jurisdiction.

Really?
How?

You don't say.

Yeah, your part of the problem.
People think they should be able to go ANYWHERE with a gun, without permission.
We should remove armed police protection from elected and appointed public officials

If we cant protect school children using cops on site then judges and mayors should not be protected either

That's the point, you may think you can be trusted, but does a stranger?

That seems to be the entire issue with school shootings.
You completely dodged the question so let's try again.

If I cannot be trusted with a gun why would you trust me to be on the campus at all?

No.
Then how is anyone in a school supposed to know YOU aren't a mass shooter?

Because YOU say you aren't?
The same way we detect all other sorts of crimes being committed, by observation and applying critical thinking skills.

As late as 50 years ago students and instructors regularly brought firearms to schools with no problems at all. What has changed?

Killers dont attack court houses because the fat assed judges are protected by cops with guns

Instead they go where the cops arent
The vast majority of school shooters are students or former students and that should make sense to you if you understand that victims of violence typically know the perpetrator and has some sort of relationship with them. Spousal abusers abuse their own spouses not other people's spouses, why would a child shooter target a court house when the thing and people familiar to him are at school?

Forum List

Back