everybody should be packing iron

Really? Do you have a link that says there was a guy shooting back?

And..........................like I've said before......................hitting an 8 inch square target in a dark environment while they are moving around is pretty hard for most, even for those who have trained for things like that.

Like I've said before................I've earned the U.S. Navy Sharpshooter Ribbon, and I was trained by a Gunny in the Marines who was a much better shot than I was.

Neither of us would have been able to bring down the shooter in Aurora (remember, not only did he have a gas mask on (requiring the necessary 8 inch square shot), but he also had on body armor, and was moving in the dark.

I guarantee.......................not one of you civilians could have made that shot either. Quit saying you could have. The only way it could happen is if you had the luck of the lottery on your side.

LMAO... A sharpshooter? You need to practice more. But I understand that standing on the rail of a carrier, and firing off a few rounds to 'qualify', is not much of a challenge.

I agree with you. As a sharpshooter, I doubt you have the skills to make the shot.

-Geaux

It's not an impossible shot, but someone who just plinks once in while wouldn't be able to do it.

Yea, but same individual brandishing a weapon if nothing else, gets the shooters attention and things may have turned out different just because a gun was present. .

ref: Mall shooting thwarted by CCW man

-Geaux

Last edited:
While I agree that a mentally unstable person shouldn't be allowed access to firearms, the subject of magazine capacity is ridiculous. You can kill a single person with a single round or 10 people with 10 rounds, or less if one round goes through one person into another. But whether you use a single 100 round magazine, 2 - 50 round mags or a whole bandolier full of small capacity mags, the effect is the same. You just don't have to reload as often.

And when you are reloading, someone can tackle you.

10 round clips. If you can't hit a LEGITIMATE target in 10 rounds, you shouldn't have a gun.

They are called magazines Joe, not clips

-Geaux

Since we're being technical, there are both. But there is a difference between the two.
Firearms, ammo, weapons, gear reviews, 2nd Amendment issues, etc...: Clip vs. Magazine: A Lesson in Firearm Terminology

If you can't hit a LEGITIMATE target in 10 rounds, you shouldn't have a gun.

But FWIW, I have a 20 round box of rifle ammo that I use strictly for hunting. I bought that box almost 8 years ago. I've put 12 deer in my freezer from that one box, and I still have 8 rounds left.

Last edited:

-Geaux

I call them clips. I called them clips when I was in the service and so did everyone else.

I find it hilarious that this is something you nutters get upset about. But we are talking about your penis substitutes, the word "clip" probably scares you.

Bull shit you fucking moron. The military never trained you to call a firearm magazine a clip. They are very much into detail, it's what they do.

Fort Sill Oklahoma, 1981.

Yes, they did...

And, yes, lots of guys said, "Clips" and "Magazines" interchangeably, and no one batted an eye.

You just didn't say "Gun" for "Rifle". (This is my rifle, this is my gun...)

I call them clips. I called them clips when I was in the service and so did everyone else.

I find it hilarious that this is something you nutters get upset about. But we are talking about your penis substitutes, the word "clip" probably scares you.

Bull shit you fucking moron. The military never trained you to call a firearm magazine a clip. They are very much into detail, it's what they do.

Yes, they did...

And, yes, lots of guys said, "Clips" and "Magazines" interchangeably, and no one batted an eye.

You can name off any fucking military training base you want to. I know for a fact if you were in the military they never allowed you to call a magazine a clip. so shut your god damn pie hole the smell is nauseating

10 round clips. If you can't hit a LEGITIMATE target in 10 rounds, you shouldn't have a gun.

-Geaux

Since we're being technical, there are both. But there is a difference between the two.
Firearms, ammo, weapons, gear reviews, 2nd Amendment issues, etc...: Clip vs. Magazine: A Lesson in Firearm Terminology

But FWIW, I have a 20 round box of rifle ammo that I use strictly for hunting. I bought that box almost 8 years ago. I've put 12 deer in my freezer from that one box, and I still have 8 rounds left.

The two are not the same nor should they be confused as interchangeable.

Last edited:

Yes, they did...

You can name off any fucking military training base you want to. I know for a fact if you were in the military they never allowed you to call a magazine a clip. so shut your god damn pie hole the smell is nauseating

For real.. Calling a magazine a 'clip' is like calling a Liberal a true American.

-Geaux

Even assuming that's true, in a situation like that, where you had a shooter firing during a scene in the movie where there was a lot of gunfire, and the otherwise confused situation, someone could have made a mistake.

There's no evidence that was anyone shooting except for Holmes.

But here's the question no one wants to address.

Why was Holmes ever allowed to get a gun with a 100 round magazine to start with.

The guy thought he was the freakin' Joker from the Batman comics.

While I agree that a mentally unstable person shouldn't be allowed access to firearms, the subject of magazine capacity is ridiculous. You can kill a single person with a single round or 10 people with 10 rounds, or less if one round goes through one person into another. But whether you use a single 100 round magazine, 2 - 50 round mags or a whole bandolier full of small capacity mags, the effect is the same. You just don't have to reload as often.

Only 10 rounds? Then why do the Police carry 15 rounds or larger?

-Geaux

Yes, they did...

I'm not sure where you went, maybe Bubba's gun loving camp. But pretty much, after basic training, the military was just like any other job.

-Geaux

The two are not the same nor should they be confused as inter changeable.

No, they're not, and I never insinuated that they are. Even though they are used for the same purpose, they are definitely not the same.
And I've never met a military trained person who would dare misidentify either.

The two are not the same nor should they be confused as inter changeable.

No, they're not, and I never insinuated that they are. Even though they are used for the same purpose, they are definitely not the same.

If you for the same purpose you mean to load a rifle yes I guess you could say that. But actually it's the clip that is used to speed load a magazine, or a fixed magazine attached to a rifle.

-Geaux

I call BS on that.

8 years and never had to sight in your gun or go to the range for practice yet takes 12 rounds to take down 12 deer.

Yea, I ain't buying that bullshit.

Yes, they did...

For real.. Calling a magazine a 'clip' is like calling a Liberal a true American.

-Geaux

I guess it is clip then.

I was in the military and training is always important ... It becomes the foundation that gets you through the tough spots ... It makes it easier to think in combat.
At the same time when shit hits the fan ... If you holler, "I need another clip" ... The other soldiers know what you are talking about ... And if they have any to spare, they won't argue with you about what you called it.

I was in the military and training is always important ... It becomes the foundation that gets you through the tough spots ... It makes it easier to think in combat.
At the same time when shit hits the fan ... If you holler, "I need another clip" ... The other soldiers know what you are talking about ... And if they have any to spare, they won't argue with you about what you called it.

-Geaux

I call BS on that.

8 years and never had to sight in your gun or go to the range for practice yet takes 12 rounds to take down 12 deer.

I have ammo I use for hunting ... And ammo I use at the range ... It doesn't mean they come from the same box.
I have never had it cause a problem when using different ammo to hunt with than that I used to sight the weapon in or practice with.

Of course ... I don't live in a place where I need to shoot a deer 500 meters away either.

Yes, they did...

I'm not sure where you went, maybe Bubba's gun loving camp. But pretty much, after basic training, the military was just like any other job.

AFSC 81150
The military is very strict on things terminology would be one of those things.

I call BS on that.

I have ammo I use for hunting ... And ammo I use at the range ... It doesn't mean they come from the same box.
I have never had it cause a problem when using different ammo to hunt with than that I used to sight the weapon in or practice with.

Of course ... I don't live in a place where I need to shoot a deer 500 meters away either.

Each type of ammo has it's own trajectory and does make a difference in distances over 100 meters. Besides I've been a hunter my entire life and so are all of my friends and a person to say that he has never missed in eight years of hunting and is actually 12 for 12, either has an extremely selective memory, or a lack of experience.

No not going to happen in stressful situations you always revert back to your training. That's why the military hammers the shit in your head 24/7 for 16 weeks.

Forum List

Back