everybody should be packing iron

There were vets at Aurora. There was a whole base of them at Ft. Hood. Guess what the common denominator was?

The common denominator was surprise. Not only did the shooter at Ft. Hood surprise those who were formed up, but the Aurora shooter surprised those in the theater.

However......................most of those in the civilian world aren't prepared for surprise. And yeah....................those in the military ARE trained to receive surprise attacks on them, just not on their own home turf. Most of the times I felt "safe" was on the base I was currently serving with, because I felt that security was doing their job.

Interestingly enough, we didn't really have to deal with insurgents until after 9/11. Trouble is, we have to now, because they are trying to infiltrate where they can as of now.

And..................the last place I would figure to be attacked would be on my own ship. The Army folks probably felt pretty secure on their own turf (meaning the base) so they let their guard down. I'd probably do the same thing on my own turf (meaning my ship) because it's pretty well guarded (at least while I was in).

FT Hood is an open base still, is it not?

It has almost 0 security.

When ?I was stationed there, bad guys were driving up to guards at their posts in the field and stealing their M16's because the long standing orders from the POTUS was that ammo not be given out except in dire need. So anyone who wanted a free M16 all they had to do was drive up, point a black painted dowel at the guard in the dark, and demand his weapon, and he would give it up. Then the soldier would get prosecuted for loss of his weapon.

[

Okay.........................so your father was one of the most decorated sharpshooters in WWII and in Korea.

There is a reason he was so highly decorated, it's because he was good at his job.

Sorry, but most civilians who state that they could have taken out this shooter aren't up to the standards that your father was, nor do they have his skills.

Sorry, but your father was a man out of many who could have possibly done the job, because he practiced on a regular basis and was proficient. Can you name me anyone on this board who was as practiced and proficient as your father?

Oh, God, dude, do you really want the Gun Nuts on this board to start fantasizing about their shooting skills.

Most of them are already compensating for tiny penises.

Here's the thing folks, A carry permit allows you to carry a concealed weapon it does not allow you to shoot that weapon.

If you are going to pull and shoot you'd better make sure you are actually defending your life. And make god damn sure you're only going to hit the guy you're shooting at

I am not going to pull a weapon to save someone else's life I'll do it to protect myself and the person I am with but that's it.

Not shooting into a crown is always the best course of action.

It's comical that people who want to ban guns will say , "How come some gun nut didn't shoot the bad guy in the theater?" when if a guy did shoot and accidentally hit a bystander those same people would be whining that he shouldn't have shot.

You idiots can't have it both ways and in fact you should be praising people with carry permits who show such prudence and restraint by NOT shooting into a crowd.

Last edited:
Here's the thing folks, A carry permit allows you to carry a concealed weapon it does not allow you to shoot that weapon.

If you are going to pull and shoot you'd better make sure you are actually defending your life. And make god damn sure you're only going to hit the guy you're shooting at

I am not going to pull a weapon to save someone else's life I'll do it to protect myself and the person I am with but that's it.

It's comical that people who want to ban guns will say , "How come some gun nut didn't shoot the bad guy in the theater?" when if a guy did shoot and accidentally hit a bystander those same people would be whining that he shouldn't have shot.

You idiots can't have it both ways and in fact you should be praising people with carry permits who show such prudence and restraint by NOT shooting into a crowd.
So if someone is being gang raped and you walk by packing, you won't help her out? Proving once again how irrational gun nuts are.

Well, it strikes me that if the CCW aren't providing any benefit, what's the point of having them other than making you all feel better?

So if someone is being gang raped and you walk by packing, you won't help her out? Proving once again how irrational gun nuts are.

Does she need help since she would likely be pissing on the attacker? Who needs a gun when that defense is present?

-Geaux

Well, it strikes me that if the CCW aren't providing any benefit, what's the point of having them other than making you all feel better?

You missed it, because it makes you feel worse. It's a win-win

-Geaux

Does she need help since she would likely be pissing on the attacker? Who needs a gun when that defense is present?

-Geaux

Proving yet again what retards gun nuts are.

I can help without shooting indiscriminately. And if I did shoot at a group of people surrounding an innocent woman and then I hit the woman accidentally you would be whining about how dangerous I was because I carry a weapon.

I don't have a permit to protect you.

You should be agreeing with me here since you don;t want people pulling weapons in public.

If my life in in danger I will pull and shoot.

If there is a crowd of people I'm not going to start firing at a guy if I might hit a bystander.

I can help without shooting indiscriminately. And if I did shoot at a group of people surrounding an innocent woman and then I hit the woman accidentally you would be whining about how dangerous I was because I carry a weapon.

No, I'd just think you're an idiot with no aim.

Tell you what you shoot at 6 targets in motion with a hand gun from 20 feet away and only hit the 5 I tell you to and see how well you do.

You seem like you have never even handled a weapon never mind gained any proficiency with one and you think you can analyze a scenario.
Again you prove what a fucking moron you are.

And riddle me this as one who doesn't believe in carrying weapons what would you do if you saw a woman being gang raped by 5 guys?

Last edited:

Tell you what you shoot at 6 targets in motion with a hand gun from 20 feet away and only hit the 5 I tell you to and see how well you do.

You seem like you have never even handled a weapon never mind gained any proficiency with one and you think you can analyze a scenario.

And riddle me this as one who doesn't believe in carrying weapons what would you do if you saw a woman being gang raped by 5 guys?
Shoot one shot in the air and watch all their dicks go limp. :D

What would I do? I was once in a taxi in NYC and some guy was getting beat up by about 5 or 6 guys, the driver drove up onto the sidewalk as though he was going to hit them, and they all ran away like scared children. Plus, I wouldn't be alone somewhere where a gang rape was happening, so there's things to do.

Last edited:

There is a big difference between saving some third persons life and shooting into a crowd. Usually just presenting the gun will cause the cowardly criminals to back off and run.

But of course, if you pull your gun, you had better be ready to shoot. A man with a knife can close distance and kill you from about 20'.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGzeyO3pGzw]Gun vs. Knife Fight | Mythbusters - YouTube[/ame]

And bear in mind that the guy with the knife wont die immediately when shot, if you manage to shoot him. It will take a few minutes, meantime he can be slashing away as he bleeds out or goes into shock.

To stop the guy, I want a big bore round like a .45 and hit him square in the middle of his chest so he goes into immediate shock. I will still fight to control the knife with my free hand as he realizes he is dead though.

Last edited:

Lol, dude, you have obviously never shot into a fight before. I have in simulation when in the military and not hitting a friendly is fucking hard to do.

Lol, dude, you have obviously never shot into a fight before. I have in simulation when in the military and not hitting a friendly is fucking hard to do.

That's why so many Americans died in Iraq and Afghanistan. Should have to pass an IQ test to get into the army. But then again, you probably wouldn't get enough people to field a basketball team.

What would I do? I was once in a taxi in NYC and some guy was getting beat up by about 5 or 6 guys, the driver drove up onto the sidewalk as though he was going to hit them, and they all ran away like scared children. Plus, I wouldn't be alone somewhere where a gang rape was happening, so there's things to do.

So just shoot and not know where the bullet goes. yeah that's real fucking bright. Again you demonstrate your idiocy.

I didn't ask what someone else would do you pussy I asked what YOU would do.

And how do you know you wouldn't be alone? You could be walking somewhere and see a guy getting the shit kicked out of him in an alley or walk into a store during a robbery or do you make it a habit not to go anywhere unless someone is there to hold your hand?

So just shoot and not know where the bullet goes. yeah that's real fucking bright. Again you demonstrate your idiocy.

I didn't ask what someone else would do you pussy I asked what YOU would do.

And how do you know you wouldn't be alone? You could be walking somewhere and see a guy getting the shit kicked out of him in an alley or walk into a store during a robbery or do you make it a habit not to go anywhere unless someone is there to hold your hand?

I've never been in a situation like you describe, I don't live in a gun nut place. We don't even have black people where I live, lol. And no, I don't usually go out at night alone, I'm not a loser.

Forum List

Back