Evidence Over Hysteria

Thanks! I only read part of it, but bookmarked it so I can check it out tomorrow. Looks like great info.

I've been getting more and more uneasy, not about the virus but because of what people are doing because of it.

Necessary read.
The restrictions are scarier and more dangerous than the virus itself.
Look at the US figures in the graphs in images 4 and 7.
It’s called context.

Evidence over hysteria — COVID-19
Followed you link to the article by Aaron Gin and immediately thought, who the hell is this, so I looked him up athttps://www.aginnt.com/about I am a growth hacker. I apply my study of people and metaphysics to marketing, product development, and data science. Distribution is fun for me. My approach is product driven, data inspired, and cross-disciplinary (pulling in my experience with philosophy and behavioral economics).
I'm sorry. I gotta go with the scientist and government officials over the facebook blogger with 3.5K followers.

If you follow the link now, you get:
This post is under investigation or was found in violation of the Medium Rules.
There are thousands of stories to read on Medium. Visit our homepage
to find one that’s right for you.

Take me to Medium

Thanks! I only read part of it, but bookmarked it so I can check it out tomorrow. Looks like great info.

I've been getting more and more uneasy, not about the virus but because of what people are doing because of it.
And that is the real issue. People need to inform themselves and stand up to the draconian bullshit the gov is imposing.

Necessary read.
It’s called context.

Followed you link to the article by Aaron Gin and immediately thought, who the hell is this, so I looked him up athttps://www.aginnt.com/about I am a growth hacker. I apply my study of people and metaphysics to marketing, product development, and data science. Distribution is fun for me. My approach is product driven, data inspired, and cross-disciplinary (pulling in my experience with philosophy and behavioral economics).
I'm sorry. I gotta go with the scientist and government officials over the facebook blogger with 3.5K followers.
FB blogger or not, numbers don’t lie.
Too bad the link disappeared.
Too bad you want things to be worse than they are.

Necessary read.
It’s called context.

The link did not disappear. It plainly states on medium, they shut down the post for violating their rule, and it is under investigation. I can show you a link where you can get to it, if you want to cuddle up and sleep with it, but as a credible source to support argument, it is toast.

Necessary read.
It’s called context.

The link did not disappear. It plainly states on medium, they shut down the post for violating their rule, and it is under investigation. I can show you a link where you can get to it, if you want to cuddle up and sleep with it, but as a credible source to support argument, it is toast.
So the numbers and graphs were inaccurate?

I didn’t get to see the graphs before it went dark, but how would we know this is an overreaction? I wonder if Italians think it’s an overreaction where the death rate is like 1 in 8 among people who contract covid19. I bet they don’t.

I didn’t get to see the graphs before it went dark, but how would we know this is an overreaction? I wonder if Italians think it’s an overreaction where the death rate is like 1 in 8 among people who contract covid19. I bet they don’t.
If you consider the demographic of the death rate and consider Italy allowing people to cross their border unimpeded the numbers are skewed. Had Italy known the risk to elderly and sick they could have taken precautions to protect that group and the numbers would be much lower.

The key graphs showed US case numbers compared to other countries and the line was very vertical. The other key graph prorated those numbers per capita and the US line was very flat and low, especially compared to most other regions.
The takeaway was that our draconian reaction is hysterical.

If you consider the demographic of the death rate and consider Italy allowing people to cross their border unimpeded the numbers are skewed. Had Italy known the risk to elderly and sick they could have taken precautions to protect that group and the numbers would be much lower.
Totally agree, but that doesn’t mean we should be going on as business as usual here. There are still to many questions and the curve of infection needs to be flattened before we can assess the actual damage here.

Necessary read.
It’s called context.

So the numbers and graphs were inaccurate?
Incomplete because enough data for this country is not out there yet. That guy no better than you, me and the smart ones on this board. I took stats and the proper sampling to model for this country ain't there. My best guess is it's not going to be as bad as the worst case predictions, but nowhere near the rosy best case scenarios and that is as good as any expert in the county. If the minimizers convince people in the early part that it is of minimal seriousness, than the gloom/doom asshole might turn out to be right. Your best chance of winning is to prepare for worst case scenario. I learned that over 20 years of combat exercises and operations and another 25 plus in the private sector. Some sound advice just doesn't change.

They gotta have an idea of what percentage of Americans would have circulated around each other over 30/60/90 day period. How many have/are turning up sick with this?

The key graphs showed US case numbers compared to other countries and the line was very vertical. The other key graph prorated those numbers per capita and the US line was very flat and low, especially compared to most other regions.
The takeaway was that our draconian reaction is hysterical.

Hysterical or working? You say overreaction because our infection rate is less, but the argument could be made that it’s our reaction that is kept the infection rate down.

Totally agree, but that doesn’t mean we should be going on as business as usual here. There are still to many questions and the curve of infection needs to be flattened before we can assess the actual damage here.
I think the restrictions should be applied to the high risk group. That in itself changes business as usual but not to the current drastic point. We’re making things exponentially worse by all of these draconian shutdown measures.

Trump had months to prepare for Coronavirus, but did nothing but blame everyone else! India has 1.4 billion citizens, is next door to China, but has very few infected and only 4 deaths. We are only 24% that size but have 26,000 infected with ~400 dead and soaring. Trump & the repubtards have the worst record on the planet after Itay. China had no warning, Trump had 3 months!!!

Trump / Pence = EPIC FAIL!!!

Last edited:
I think the restrictions should be applied to the high risk group. That in itself changes business as usual but not to the current drastic point. We’re making things exponentially worse by all of these draconian shutdown measures.

Maybe, maybe not. It’s pure speculation on your part because we have no way of knowing what the outcome would be if we didn’t “overreact “.

Necessary read.
It’s called context.

The link disappeared because people checked facts and found it was fake propaganda.

Forum List

Back